MERGED-->Bono & Lanois mp3 + "falling at your feet"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sphere

The Fly
New Version--"falling at your feet"

I just downloaded daniel lanois new version of 'falling at your feet" at winmx. I really like it, so i guess I'll have to go out and buy his new album 'shine'. Bono sounds good on it. I'm too stupid with computers to know how to post the mp3 at this forum, so maybe someone else can.

Last edited:
you probable have the original version on the "million dollar hotel" soundtrack. this one is on a new album by daniel lanois called 'shine'.

hmm i will have to look into finding an mp3 of this new version. i love the song, and i love to hear reinterpretations!

what's different about it?

It's a little more mellow. More acoustic sounding. If you have winmx and you type in 'daniel lanois' and then 'shine' for album title the mp3 will come up.

I don't like it as much. It sounds like it's just a remix and not a re-recording; Lanois sings a perfect harmony vocal on the original mix, but it's a lead vocal now and it sounds awkward. I think it'd odd how Dan has the most prominent vocal for the first half of the song, and then Bono takes over again. Oh, and it's about a minute shorter, which sucks.

It's a shame that this version isn't so good, since I adore the mix on the MDH soundtrack.

Last edited:
it's not really all that different. i prefer the original.

I prefer the MDH version at this point. I am a little disappointed; I streamed the album on his website and my first impression was too much atmospherre, not enough melody. I was surprised that I didn't like it on the first listen because I really loved his first two albums...but hopefully that will change when I get the album.

Back
Top Bottom