MERGED-->All U2 on SNL Discussion 2c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i'm thinking that the boys must be feeling pretty disgusted. first they screw up the sound mix- so much so that they almost couldn't finish Vertigo, then the show they're on is just shameful.

ok, I'm outta beer, so I'm climbing into bed with the tv on....

bring it!!!

well, we have one more skit, then U2. the timeline doesn't look good though to fit in 2 U2 songs, but we'll see.

mofo82 said:

i thought the backtrack was just on Top of the Pops. Either way, the performance and vibe the band gave off at that show was great, this one was good. I blame SNL's crappy stage work and lighting. Vertigo needs to be performed in darker lighting, not where you can see the bus depot or whatever the set desing is, and let bono run around, play with the camera a little more for god's sakes

There's lots of movement in the second (indoor) performance of Vertigo for Top Of The Pops on 15-10-2004. Uploading video after I've heard the rest of Dave's stream ;)

Really good lighting and sound mix :)

Last edited:
I liked the intro of "The Falconer" skit. Then the skit started. And it sucked. Though I do love the cheesy blue screen stuff here.

I'm quite confused on why vertigo, MD and ABOY are in the "right" tune and COBL is on the 1/2 down scale... like every other U2 song ever...

I would love to see them in Chicago also, they always put on a show there. I want to make it 4, but more realistcally im looking at 2-3.

pepokiss said:
I'm quite confused on why vertigo, MD and ABOY are in the "right" tune and COBL is on the 1/2 down scale... like every other U2 song ever...

i noticed that too. luckily, to the average listener, it's something they'll never notice.

RademR said:
I would love to see them in Chicago also, they always put on a show there. I want to make it 4, but more realistcally im looking at 2-3.

Yeah i saw them in Chicago last time, they pulled some guy up on stage and he played backing piano with them, it was a great show!

RobVox

I noticed this before with some of the other live performances ,but anyone else glad Bono started saying "uno" instead of "unos"?

for f*cks sake, this is painful to watch this show. now i know why i am usually out pouring alcohol down my throat on saturdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom