MERGED --> A day has gone by and U2.com has not acknowledged a thing + 1-800-615-1324

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Ok... a day has gone by and U2.com has not acknowledged a thing

I am impressed by these people's arrogance and the lack of reflection on the disaster that happened yesterday. They clearly do not seem to care as they have cashed in their suscriptions and have not provided any service.

To add insult to injury, I yesterday received the stupid U2 keychain, with a note saying "U2 fans will surely be in the middle of all the action" :mad:

My sense is that these guys are gambling on us getting tired and giving up on the complaints and that nothing will happen. I will be disappointed if this happens, since I would be granting them a win.

I am frustrated, disappointed and feel ripped-off.

:mad:

1-800-615-1324

Call this number... 1-800-615-1324 (u2.com). If all circuits are busy, keep trying. I just spoke to Joel. He says this entire mess it between me and Ticketmaster. I didn't pay Ticketmaster $40 membership fee. All I get from Ticketmaster is automated replies made to look like I'm getting personal attention, they are signed by Harry, Max, Angela, Denise, etc... Saying it's my computer or my ISP, it's MY problem, not theirs.

Fortunately for U2.com and Ticketmaster, they have so many people to blame that no one has to accept responsibility.

If you have numbers to Principle Mgt please email them to me and I'll add them to my list of people that I'll bug today.

bbocd@sbcglobal.net

These are businesses, having their phone lines tied up for days could be a real problem. I know that I'm not the only one calling because it's so hard to get though. If we're loud enough, someone will hear us!

Thanks, Cobbweb

Certainly.

Principle Management NY
Phone: (212) 765-2330
Fax: (212) 765-2372

Principle Management Dublin
Phone: +(353) 1 6777 330
Fax: +(353) 1 6777 276

Re: Ok... a day has gone by and U2.com has not acknowledged a thing

U2@NYC said:
My sense is that these guys are gambling on us getting tired and giving up on the complaints and that nothing will happen. I will be disappointed if this happens, since I would be granting them a win.

I will still be feeling plenty angry come this weekend when all the West Coast shows go onsale. I assure you that at least in my case, I won't be buying tickets to as many shows as I would have. Normally, I'd be looking at San Diego, Anaheim & LA, but if this is the way they want to extort money from me, they can keep my $40. However, I won't be buying that $100 ticket to San Diego any longer, so at least in my mind, that puts me ahead.

It further will erode the image I had of the U2 Organization in general. From one that looked after it's fans, and provided them an invaluable service, i.e. getting good tickets and a fair deal with Prop., to a rip-off scam, basically taking $40 and providing little or nothing in return, and in fact further trying to scam by way of offering Crappy tickets for steep prices.

A nice way to protest would be going to the U2.com headquarters and throwing them the stupid keychain at their windows... :)

But I guess I am letting my Argentine violent protesting roots take over :)

I said in another thread that people should toss them on stage. No return postage to U2.com :wink:

Re: Ok... a day has gone by and U2.com has not acknowledged a thing

U2@NYC said:
I am impressed by these people's arrogance and the lack of reflection on the disaster that happened yesterday. They clearly do not seem to care as they have cashed in their suscriptions and have not provided any service.

To add insult to injury, I yesterday received the stupid U2 keychain, with a note saying "U2 fans will surely be in the middle of all the action" :mad:

I am frustrated, disappointed and feel ripped-off.

Not getting U2 concert tickets is NOT a disaster and I am stunned and ashamed that you dare use that word. The tsunami that hit Asia is a disaster. The train wreck in L.A. is a disaster. Not getting your precious tickets isn't.

You got a code that allowed you access to presale tickets. And there were fans who secured tickets. Sorry you didn't get them, but to call it a "disaster" or rant endlessly about how upset you are is getting very irritating. :mad:

Re: Re: Ok... a day has gone by and U2.com has not acknowledged a thing

doctorwho said:

Not getting U2 concert tickets is NOT a disaster and I am stunned and ashamed that you dare use that word. The tsunami that hit Asia is a disaster. The train wreck in L.A. is a disaster. Not getting your precious tickets isn't.

You got a code that allowed you access to presale tickets. And there were fans who secured tickets. Sorry you didn't get them, but to call it a "disaster" or rant endlessly about how upset you are is getting very irritating. :mad:

Well said. A lot of people here need some perspective on their lives and the world.

Wow, I am more and more stunned at the depth of naivete of people on this board. U2/Fanfire and TM are all businesses run by humans who can make mistakes my friends. I can't believe people really see this as some sort of conspiratol money making scheme...like U2 really needs to resort to that. Wake up folks.

Yes, the tsunami disaster was a true horrible disaster. But it does not mean that you take crap from the rest of the world just something it isn't a horrible disaster like that was. There are a lot of justifiably pissed off people right now, and they have a right to vent and to try to take action. It's just emotion that makes us use words like "disaster". There are many levels of disaster.

I don't want someone telling me just to be thankful I'm alive, all the while grabbing money out of my hands. That's bull.

The problem is that Propaganda worked far better than this for many years, and you simply did not see this level of incompetence.

So you can't tell people that this is a business and an enterprise and how things are. They are not, they were not like this 4 years ago, not even close.

I didn't even bother trying for tickets, as they aren't playing anywhere that's closer than a 10 hour drive, but I do understand people's frustrations, because we all know that it CAN be done and much better than this.

If I was U2.com I personally would have cancelled the presale and not given people the option anymore since Propoganda was no more presales should have been no more as well.

Just my opinion and I ended up with decent seats out of the presale so I cant really complain about the way it was ran from personal experience.

If a person is told by a service that if they pay 40 dollars they are GUARANTEED good pre-sale tickets, and then do not get said tickets because of the incompetency of the service, they have a right to be upset.

If I spent 10 dollars for a ticket to a movie, and then entered the theatre only to be told the movie wasn't actually playing there, I'd demand my money back, and no amount of people telling me 'please get over it' would keep me from seeking a refund.

-Mike

anitram said:
I didn't even bother trying for tickets, as they aren't playing anywhere that's closer than a 10 hour drive, but I do understand people's frustrations, because we all know that it CAN be done and much better than this.
yeah that's my problem too. i didn't even try for tickets this leg when i saw they were playing like four cities. some first leg. :slant:

doctorwho, that's some AWFULLY big time preaching you're doing there. i hope you live up to your preciously high standards...

anyway, this whole thing just stinks.

Back
Top Bottom