LP15 - We're due for a break from the norm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the first confirmed picture of Leo? Obviously gets his height from his mama'

Anyone who thinks U2 tickets are expensive should check out what the Stones are charging for stadiums right now

Holy fuck

Yeah that’s a ripoff. I saw them a few years ago at Ohio State’s football stadium... let’s just say they aren’t charging those prices because of their immeasurable talent.

Anyone who thinks U2 tickets are expensive should check out what the Stones are charging for stadiums right now

Holy fuck
No kidding.

I’m itching to buy a ticket, as I have never seen them live. But with that dynamic pricing/waiting room bullshit, I rather wait a few months and see if they are less expensive. Taylor Swift had to lower her ticket prices, so I hope they will too.

Last edited:
My god what a bunch of greedy assholes. The disparity between what they charge and what U2 charges has always been ridiculous but this is a new low (high). And at least U2 isn't a fucking jukebox.

No kidding.

I’m itching to buy a ticket, as I have never seen them live. But with that dynamic pricing/waiting room bullshit, I rather wait a few months and see if they are less expensive. Taylor Swift had to lower her ticket prices, so I hope they will too.
Yea I was thinking of going since it's been about 15 years or so and wouldn't mind seeing them one last time before they croak and all... but not for those ridiculous prices.

I'll check later on and see if prices drop considerably, or if my boss gets any comps, but anyone paying 400 bucks to sit in the 200s at a stadium show is a fucking sucker.

No kidding.

That's my play too.

They have been doing a ton of "win them before you can buy them" giveaways here on radio, including the sports talk station, so that tells me the promoters know they'll have trouble selling out at these prices.
I'd like to take my son as its likely going to be his only opportunity (though one never knows) but not paying 400 beans a ticket, and not sitting in nosebleeds in a football stadium (NSW has nothing on me). So I'll play the waiting game.

I've seen them several times before including at the Orpheum Theater in 2002, so if I miss this show, I'm not too bothered.

You're taking the piss.

Right? Right??

If only he were.

They have 2 GA pits in front of the stage...only way to get those I saw yesterday was a $1,599.00 a ticket "Start Me Up Package" which also included lithographs. They had other VIP packages at like $699.00 and some as "low" as $349.00, that got you seats towards the back of the stadium plus some other crap.

Regular ticket prices were $494.50 for the middle front field reserved seats and $394.50 for balance of field seats and all the lowers back to just past midfield were $394.50. Then they dropped to $194.50, and they had GA at the back of the field (behind all the reserved seats ) for $134.50
Some of the 300 levels were $94.50 and the absolute highest rows were $64.50, but you need a telescope from there to see anything.

And of course scattered everywhere were Ticketmaster's wonderful "Platinum Tickets".

Any of the "good" lower sections by the stage the face vale $394.50 seats were all like 25 rows up, anything lower than that was either the $699.00 "Mick is a prick and Keef is a thief" package or they were platinum for stupid money like $800 a seat or more. They even had Platinum tickets at the front rows of the 300 sections so you couldn't get those at a somewhat reasonable price, only higher up in the sections.

I don't know who in their right mind pays these prices.

Last edited:
Yea I'm waiting till a week or two before the show. They can blow me with these prices... and it doesn't even include parking at that abomination of a stadium the DC Football Team plays in.

Right. That's another 50 bucks, and no way around it like in the city where I can find free street parking for a show/game at Fenway or the Garden.

Are these prices secondhand like seat geek? What were the original list prices for the GA floor?

No those are the original prices. Not secondary market.

The field isn't all GA, there are 2 GA categories...2 pits right in front of stage which appear only to be able to be purchased as either part of the $1599.00 VIP package or as platinum seats through Ticketmaster. (cheapest I've seen them pop up at is $1,050.00)

Then there is GA at the rear of the field, behind the reserved seating looks to be about the opposite 20 yard line through the opposite end zone. Those have a face of $134.50 plus fees.

Last edited:
No those are the original prices. Not secondary market.

The field isn't all GA, there are 2 GA categories...2 pits right in front of stage which appear only to be able to be purchased as either part of the $1599.00 VIP package or as platinum seats through Ticketmaster. (cheapest I've seen them pop up at is $1,050.00)

Then there is GA at the rear of the field, behind the reserved seating looks to be about the opposite 20 yard line through the opposite end zone. Those have a face of $134.50 plus fees.
I wondered if some of these prices will drop once it opens to the general public and aren't just part of some package... alas, no information on that has been released so this is all we can go by

I doubt anything drops right away, they'll give it a little time to try and lure folks into spending top dollar.

Any price drops or changing of seats from VIP packages to regular seats will come when show dates get close,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom