Is performing one of U2's loves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Do they like performing? Do you think? I'm sure they would have to like it, if they are still doin it, right? I'm sure Bono likes performing :) he always is lookin happy and jumpin around and stuff :hyper: hehehe. Do you think it's one of their loves? I think it is :yes:

If they didn't love it, I doubt they'd still do it. It's not like they need the money, I'd imagine.

It's like Bono said - "How many rock stars does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one. He stands there while the world revolves around him."

Bono has said many times how much he lives for playing in front of 80,000 people. I'm sure the rest of the band loves it as well, because just like Bonochick said - "If they didn't love it, I doubt they'd still do it."

-Miguel

Bonochick said:
If they didn't love it, I doubt they'd still do it. It's not like they need the money, I'd imagine.

Exactly. They're at that point in their lives that if they did give it away because they weren't enjoying it, it wouldn't really impact all that much - they'd hardly need to go out and get desk jobs to make ends meet.

Yeah, I think they must still love it or else they wouldn't do it. They could just release records and still be cool. I'm glad they don't just do that. I need a U2 "hit" every few years or I'll go crazy!

starsgoblue said:

(clapping to the rythm)

My name is Becka
I love U2
And I'm a Spartan
So check me out!

DROP THE BOMB!!
WHOOHOO! YEAH!

:reject: Hopes everyone is familiar with Spartan Cheerleader skits...or else they'll think I'm "special"

:lol:

Spartans! :laugh:

Special... :lmao:

You're very funny today starsglobe! :up:

Of course they like to play live, I mean they put a lot of effort into their live shows, I don't think you can achieve some of the things U2 have a achieved, in terms of playing live, if they didn't have a burning passion inside of them. U2 rocks live!! :yes:

Other than the brotherhood of U2's members and the beautiful music that brotherhood with each other produces, I'd say performing is about third of what they really love about U2. I dunno - just thinking aloud.

TheBrazilianFly said:

:lol:

Spartans! :laugh:

Special... :lmao:

You're very funny today starsglobe! :up:

hippy said:

Instead of bellydancers, they should use Spartan cheerleaders on the next tour!

Yeah...I'm in a very silly mood today!
:sexywink:

Spartan cheerleaders on tour...now THAT would be SOMETHING! :) As long as I got to do it at all the shows I'm present at....egad, I'd need U2 to take me and get me two shots of happy and another shot of happy for that performance! :drunk: I'd do it cold turkey, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun!

I also do a mean Mary Katherine Gallagher when buzzed :wink: (Never underestimate the power of a Guinness!)

Last edited:
It certainly looks like he loves what he does... :sexywink:

GuitarLove.bmp

:heart:

Apparently Larry didn't care to play anymore at the end of Lovetown tour because he considered U2 to be a jukebox of greatest hits. Also we dont know how Adam feels and he is 1/4 of the band, i'm sure during certain parts of his career he didn't care for it. I know Bono loves it and Edge i'm pretty sure does. And Larry's hands or wrists are not what they used to be so maybe he doesn't really love it.

They must get tired at times. But they could stop anytime they wanted really couldn't they?

I think it shows how much they love performing at shows. If they didnt like it wouldn't the shows be crap? And that they certainly are Not!!! :up:

EvolutionMonkey said:
Apparently Larry didn't care to play anymore at the end of Lovetown tour because he considered U2 to be a jukebox of greatest hits. Also we dont know how Adam feels and he is 1/4 of the band, i'm sure during certain parts of his career he didn't care for it. I know Bono loves it and Edge i'm pretty sure does. And Larry's hands or wrists are not what they used to be so maybe he doesn't really love it.

But they continue to do it, don't they? Adam and Larry are two people whom I assume have minds of their own. They must get something out of it, or else they could just end it, right? Larry can say "I'm just in it for the money" all he wants, but as you all have already pointed out, at this point, money wouldn't be a driving factor.

I'm sure they've all had moments where they didn't enjoy it, even Bono and Edge. I've wondered about how they feel about performing now, as oppossed to when they first started. Do they feel the same level of excitement, or is a different feeling now, old hat, so to speak? Is it something they look forward to doing or has i just become a 'job'? Or even do they get nervous before performing, if they ever did?

Back
Top Bottom