Is Mercy a b-side on a single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deltau922

War Child
or is it just a leaked b-side without a single. I'm updating all my album artwork in iTunes.
Thanks

it is a leaked song....

it isn't a single or a b-side or an album cu or a rarity because it has never been officially released.

it was going to be on HOW TO DISMANTLE, but they cut it and Fast Cars at the last minute.

some thought it would be a b side, some thought it would be on the next album...

looks like the latter party may be right, as it seems they are saving the track for something big.

i think they had an epic album in the works, they released HTDAAB and are still working at it, and they knew mercy deserved an epic home, so they hold it back an album

Jack In The Box said:
and it sounds like a demo

i do not understand people fascination with this song

1. Yes you're right, it does.

2. It's bloody good, even if it does need finishing.

I don't really think it's that great either; just barely worth keeping around on my ipod.

MERCY is amazing, if they edit it up and fix some things here and there it should be put on the new record.

Will be interesting to see if they try to perfect it too much and butcher the song.

I think it's great the way it is. A new 'Bad' that would be the centrepiece of the next record, all six and a half minutes of it...

y'know, I heard some guys were planning on sending it out to radio stations...what happened with that...?

Mercy is one of the 10 greatest U2 songs of all time. They should leave it the way it is.

Fantastic song. Amen to "this would be the next 'Bad' if they released it".

They should tidy it up, edit it a tad, add some little insect noises from Jacknife Lee, and it'll be a huge single off the next record.

Clawgrabber said:
he is a little hard to hear. maybe if they ever get out an official release, this part will be brought forward in the mix a bit or cleared up...

I think it's just because the MP3 we all have is of such a crap quality compared to what it should be. a few 'generations' are sure to have been lost, i'm assuming between it "leaking" and reaching us, I'm hoping they don't touch it all and just stick the current mix on the next album since I'm sure they mix will be fine since it was all set to be on the last record but withdrawn at the last minute.

There is no doubt that its a great song but i dont think that its as good as ''bad'' or ''one'' or even ''sometimes''! Just my humble opinion!

Back
Top Bottom