Invisible Discussion Thread II (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't hear the Coldplay in this song, maybe I don't listen to enough Coldplay. But on an audiophile message board I post on people keep saying it sounds like Coldplay. To me that just seems like a lazy way to dismiss the song.

I can hear bits of Princess of China and X&Y in it. But it's not like Coldplay hasn't borrowed from U2 in that sound.

Holy shit, I finally figured out what the guitar line reminds me of:

Passion Pit - Mirrored Sea - YouTube

That was really bugging me. It's not blatant, but you can hear the similarity right off the bat.

That's easily one of my favorite albums from the last year and a half. Similar tone, but completely different feel... and notes, progression , structure etc.

Sent from my HTC One using U2 Interference mobile app

Invisible has gotten some decent playtime on the radio station I listen to at home. They seem to like it.

A Sort of Homecoming on in one of my university's student centers right now. Whoo! I think it's SiriusXM "Classic College Radio" or something. They love playing UF and other early U2, hell I've heard Wire here before too. Sorry for the tangent!

Yeah I can picture Edge listening to the album and thinking to himself "hmm, that's a great tone" and then writing his own guitar line with something similar he put together with his rig.

Last edited:
With a little less than 2 hours until 'Invisible' goes invisible, (RED) just announced that 'Invisible' crossed the 3 million downloads ($3 million in donations) mark. Very impressive. :hyper: :applaud:

@RED
"Because of you we’ve hit $3MM & counting! That equals 7.5MM days of life-saving HIV meds. #ThankYou #U2Invisible #BofA Let’s Keep Going!"

Hmmm...the lyrics are seeming less and less hokey the more I listen. They flow, they aren't overly awkward and I'm not cringing at any of them ("Magic marker" got me in OL). Anyone else experiencing the shock of not cringing at the lyrics?

With a little less than 2 hours until 'Invisible' goes invisible, (RED) just announced that 'Invisible' crossed the 3 million downloads ($3 million in donations) mark. Very impressive. :hyper: :applaud:
:heart: :up:
Impressive, indeed! :applaud:

Hmmm...the lyrics are seeming less and less hokey the more I listen. They flow, they aren't overly awkward and I'm not cringing at any of them ("Magic marker" got me in OL). Anyone else experiencing the shock of not cringing at the lyrics?

"Magic marker" didn't bother me as much as the "wash it away" bit of OL. That's the one line that bugs me a bit. But the bit about "your heart on my sleeve" is a favorite. :up:

Called my brother today and he said heard the song on AltNation today which is a fairly good SiriusXM channel.

No longer available. I still think them taking it off is sort of crazy but whatever.

Chart Highlights: Passenger Rides To No. 1 On Adult Pop Songs With 'Let Her Go' | Billboard

Debut/Greatest Gainer No. 35 "Invisible" U2
While U2 remains in the Adult Alternative Songs top 10 with its Academy Award-nominated (and Golden Globe-winning) contribution to the "Mandela" biopic, "Ordinary Love," the band has made another one of its new songs available for download. "Invisible" is currently available for free download on iTunes through midnight tonight (Feb. 3). The Danger Mouse-produced song's release coincides with the band's partnership with RED, through which Bank of America will donate $1 for every song downloaded to the Global Fund, which works to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria (and was co-founded by U2 frontman Bono).

"Invisible," which will not be the first single, according to Bono, from U2's 13th studio album, expected this year, enters Rock Airplay after its first day of airplay with 2.2 million audience impressions from plays at 50 Rock Airplay reporters.

Also from atu2:

according to radio industry sources:

* As of about 3 p.m., "Invisible" had been played at least once on almost five dozen radio stations in the U.S.

* More than 20 stations had already played the song 10 or more times.

* It’s had the most “spins” on Alternative (148), Active Rock (97) and Rock (89) stations.

The song will not chart according to Billboard, as those figures are based on sales, which have minimum cost requirements.

The edge will be on with no whiley from 2 this afternoon on BBC radio 2. Not sure what time he will be in though!

Sent from my HTC One X using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom