Invisible Discussion Thread II (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I've said the Beyonce thing was a (remote) possibility around the time we noticed Invisible isn't being sold, but rather pulled off, iTunes at midnight. Wishful thinking, but I wouldn't complain if they do drop it suddenly!

Maybe Bono will hint or reveal some juicy news on Radio 1 in twenty mins! Lets hope for info:D

Yeah, I've said the Beyonce thing was a (remote) possibility around the time we noticed Invisible isn't being sold, but rather pulled off, iTunes at midnight. Wishful thinking, but I wouldn't complain if they do drop it suddenly!

:pray:

I'm leaning towards the surprise release...just seems like a few signs are pointing that way...but what do I know...(answer: nothing)...:shrug:

JOFO in the last thread really captured how I feel about Invisible, like they said that they hear a little bit of a connection to the '80's from Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk and the like. I grew up then with all of them. I agree also I hear them trying to stay in the zone of the last 5-10 years. The only thing I disagreed with the poster was he wasn't overly enthused with Invisible (which I am) and they said that while Boots made them feel awful Invisible makes them feel positive.

I must apologize to JOFO because I paraphrased alot of what they said.... could you quote someone from a previous thread???

Zane should hopefully ask the right questions about their sound, the album/single etc. He might have even heard some of the new songs already? as he's known the band for years and they respect him. Lets hope it's not a one minute interview just to promote and push Invisible and the RED ting, although that will be the main reason I'm sure. C'mon Zane push the Bonobo for some real news!!

Really like Invisible too! It's just starting to almost not quite make sense to all eight of my senses.

Ten mins until Bono interview! I'm presuming they will play Invisible too? New U2 on Radio 1 Zane Lowe show would be awesome:D

JOFO in the last thread really captured how I feel about Invisible, like they said that they hear a little bit of a connection to the '80's from Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk and the like. I grew up then with all of them. I agree also I hear them trying to stay in the zone of the last 5-10 years. The only thing I disagreed with the poster was he wasn't overly enthused with Invisible (which I am) and they said that while Boots made them feel awful Invisible makes them feel positive.

I must apologize to JOFO because I paraphrased alot of what they said.... could you quote someone from a previous thread???

For me, the only link to Kraftwerk is the insanely simple chorus - which is just brilliant. I think that is what makes Kraftwerk so great, and I think that is what makes this song so great. (I love Kraftwerk, btw.)

Bono lies and I hate snow.

I don't want the cabin fever I want to get the fuck out of my mind

snow storm coming tonight I don't have any control

I'm flying remote birds into the gray above

Sky starts at the ground today and goes to space

Its easier to fly with solid blood and frozen lungs

Heaven must be warmer than this

We know the other place is

Don't wanna be there either

Guess cabin fever is one level between

we can't satisfy ourselves when the alternatives are disabled

Logs floating down the river

Polar air sneaking in through cracks in the foundation

Last leaf on the tree finally gives way and lets go

all of these ingredients for depression

Even the shadows are relieved at their own demise

ooh playing now! much better quality sound compared to my itunes file i think maybe! :hyper:

Listening to their chemistry after knowing each other for so long is refreshing, it's fun to hear Bono light and relaxed like this.

Back
Top Bottom