How to get Vertigo first on Friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mp3s will be all over the place so I'll wait for that to happened. Good intentions though but the requirements is a bit wack!!

I've been debating whether to do this or not...
There may be a few links out there on Friday...
But I'm lazy and don't want to go searching for them...
And what if I miss it on what ever stream I'm listening to because the Universe is cruel like that sometimes...
I'll have to wait until they play it again, listening to stuff I don't want to hear and reading everyone's happy posts and not being able to share in the joy...(yes, I'm neurotic :huh: )

My yahoo id is, of course, U2dork.

It'll be all over the place Thursday night and early Friday morning. Just go to any U2 site, they'll be enough "Vertigo" for everyone.

Only 4 more days guys until U2 unleash "Vertigo". We've waited 4 years for there new single to kickoff a new album.

4 YEARS OF MY LIFE....:mad:

Yahoo's bandwith id DEFINITELY LIMITED for this kind of group stuff. The page will be disabled within an hour of posting Vertigo.

There will be plenty of opportunities to get it.

What about people that have less than 50 posts, but have been members since 2000?

Mark

If you could get those crappy "beach" clips, you'll have NO problem getting Vertigo either.

So, don't sweat it.

:combust:

Last edited:
IF I join - I freakin' HATE Yahoo so I don't know if I will - I'll have an ID similar to Axver or AmakAxver. You can spot me from a mile away.

thanks dave. i signend up and informed you who i was in the comments section in the sign up sheet.

thanks again, bro.

I am sure there are more members now than the time Beautiful Day came out on mp3. However back then I had no problem getting the mp3. Also when the album came out relatively no problem getting all of the songs the first night. the key is to be generous once you get the mp3 and pass it along. of course the first few hours posted it is tough, just give it a little time to branch out to other sites.

My Yahoo ID & 50 posts

My Yahoo ID is mvru2. I have posted many times, under the moniker u24me for several years and less often as beLIEve over the last year. I'd be eternally gratefull for the download.

I for one, am oppposed to DISCRIMINATION by race, creed, or number of posts!! All you under-50ers REVOLT!! THEY CAN TAKE AWAY OUR ACCESS, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOM (to download it from somewhere else)! LONG LIVE U2!!

That is so true!!! I have a friend working for a radio station and he promised to send me the vertigo mp3 to my e-mail account ASAP. I think i´ll only share it with people who have less than 50 posts! So there is justice after all!!!!!!!!!

Aaahh, only kidding! I´ll share it with absolutely EVERYONE!
cos everybody is equal

i some of you are missing the point of why dave is doing the 50 post rule. either that, or you're all joking around and i didn't recognize it.

mikal said:
i some of you are missing the point of why dave is doing the 50 post rule. either that, or you're all joking around and i didn't recognize it.

People are just looking for reasons to yell "discrimination" these days. I really believe that anyone who wants an MP3 of "Vertigo" on Friday will have it. There will be a ton of threads offering this MP3, so no one needs to fret, or feel like they'll be left out.

I appreciate Dave's group, and I for one will be joining but I'm sure those of us who can download it quickly will post it elsewhere.

gsoria1@yahoo.com

We get the point, but just because you have less than 50 posts doesn't mean you are just jumping on the interference bandwagon just in time to get Vertigo... some people have been members for years, but just don't post a lot.

mikal said:

I understand why.Just don't like it 'cause I'm 30 short! I'm also joking around, hence the Braveheart referance!:laugh:

Last edited:
GPIESCOUT78 PLEASE HELP ME

My yahoo is gpiescout78. I have been a long time member of interference.com..however I do not post very much. I often read and I frequent the forum in silence at times. Please help out a fellow long time u2 fan.

EmilyBono said:
We get the point, but just because you have less than 50 posts doesn't mean you are just jumping on the interference bandwagon just in time to get Vertigo... some people have been members for years, but just don't post a lot.

and that's fine, but he made the rule so people don't sign up just to join the yahoo group. you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

People are just looking for reasons to yell "discrimination" these days. I really believe that anyone who wants an MP3 of "Vertigo" on Friday will have it. There will be a ton of threads offering this MP3, so no one needs to fret, or feel like they'll be left out.

I appreciate Dave's group, and I for one will be joining but I'm sure those of us who can download it quickly will post it elsewhere.

gsoria1@yahoo.com

I thought the humor in my post woud be painfuly obvious. Guess not!

salim117 said:

I thought the humor in my post woud be painfuly obvious. Guess not!

sorry, i don't joke around very much. actually, most people here will tell you that i'm the most serious person they've ever met.

Woah people...chill out.

I'm not asking you to prove your "hardcore interferencer" status...I'm just putting a limit because we only have so much bandwidth (I was wrong previously) on our group...we can't afford to have hundreds of people sign up here so that they can get on the group and as a result sap the bandwidth of the group from the people who I made the group for specifically in the first place.

I apologise to those of you with less than 50 posts. I want to let you in, I really do, but I need to draw the line somewhere, as mikal said. I'm really sorry if anyone is hurt or upset by it, but post more often (we love posts :)) and then when another song comes out (cause something else is bound to leak before the album is released) then you can come right on in and be the first to get it.

I love you, under-50's! I'm sorry!! :(

mikal said:

and that's fine, but he made the rule so people don't sign up just to join the yahoo group. you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Right, so... wouldn't it make more sense to say you can only sign up for the yahoo thing if you've been a member since before this week or something? Because if you were a member before then, obviously you didn't join b/c of the yahoo group. The post thing doesn't make sense b/c if you've been a member for 2 years, it wouldn't make sense to put you in a group of "people who just joined for the yahoo group."
I don't really care, I will get the song either way from somewhere, but I'm just commenting that the reasoning doesn't make much sense when applied to certain people.

P.S. But it doesn't matter much anyway, b/c if I just keep posting in this thread I will get closer to 50! :wink: So it's all good!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom