How many times have you seen U2 3D?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

At the least I expected actual confetti falling on the audience (COBL which was strangely not included). They could have included some more eye popping shots and camera work that makes the viewer almost jump in their seat. Would have been like a roller coaster ride! And when water is sprinkled on the audience on screen, I expected actual water to be sprinkled on us but noooooo... Little things here and there could have made it better.

Wow! I had a friend who said this exact same thing.

all I'm saying is that the Muppets give you bubbles and water. I lost motivation when my friend told me it wasn't as 3D as he thought it would be. It went down from a "must see" after that

The Muppets in 3D :up:

Man, I hope they never get rid of that. I remember that Disney or Universal used to have a theater where you could watch parts of The Birds in 3D. Fucking scariest shit EVER.

PlaTheGreat said:
The Muppets in 3D :up:

Man, I hope they never get rid of that.

That and Mickey's PhilHarMagic or whatever. The music was awesome and the animation incredible. It honestly was a highlight of our Disney trip in December. I loved every second of it.

I've never seen that. :reject:

I'm dying to go back to Disney. It seems like every time my friends and I wait a few more months they lower the amount of discount they give to Florida residents. It's something like $130 for four days now. I remember when it was only $100. :sad:

I was at Disney for five days in December. I saw the Muppets 15 times. Philharmagic is good, my favorite Magic Kingdom ride is the Jungle Ride, we had a great "guide" my LEAST favorite is Animal Kingdom except for A Bug's Life, another awesome 3D presentation too! With fantastic 3D effects*

*had to get back on topic*

Maybe we should start a Disney World thread...:drool:

In response to the original question: Once, but I want to see it again.

You should see my home shot Star Wars ride video ;)

Funny we're talking about this...I'm editing our videos from the trip right now...some funny moments...gotta love hard drive cams, makes editing so much easier :D

Maybe . . . maybe Bean could set off the fireworks!

It's called "A Salute to All Nations, But Mostly America."

Do we have time to go to the bathroom before the next show?
We can't you old fool, we're bolted to the seats!

Yeah, I've seen that Muppet 3-D thing way too many times :reject:

U23D in Imax was awesome, but Muppet Vision 3-D . . . well, that's better than anything :shifty:

lynnok said:
I was at Disney for five days in December. I saw the Muppets 15 times. Philharmagic is good, my favorite Magic Kingdom ride is the Jungle Ride, we had a great "guide" my LEAST favorite is Animal Kingdom except for A Bug's Life, another awesome 3D presentation too! With fantastic 3D effects*

*had to get back on topic*

Bugs Life 3D??? LEAST. HAPPY. PLACE. ON .EARTH.

3D tarantulas falling on your head?? I was the only person in the theater screaming and crying - and I was 32 when I went. :reject:

zuropa_fit said:

Bugs Life 3D??? LEAST. HAPPY. PLACE. ON .EARTH.

3D tarantulas falling on your head?? I was the only person in the theater screaming and crying - and I was 32 when I went. :reject:

Point taken, but the stink bugs were funny and the seats at the end..

U23D needs stuff...confetti, water, a beach ball, a super fantastic cameo appearance by Miss Piggy singing a duet with Bono while Animal and Larry trade solos.

Maybe just boomerang fish?

Finally saw it with the family - I guess in RealD. I thought it would be in the IMAX theatre but it had the Spiderwick Chronicles. I was disappointed in the theatre's sound, not being loud enough in some spots. My kids were a bit overwhelmed, all three fell asleep at some point during the 80 minutes- overloaded by the visual and hearing senses. Great reason why I haven't spent over $500 to take the entire family to a U2 concert.

Comments included..."they're (the band) all so tiny, they look like Barbie dolls." Wouldn't B-man love to hear that one. So much for the 42 ft arse. My oldest son (13) observed "Wow, there are a lot of girls there!!"

I just wept through the appropriate parts and noted the set list skewed towards the political and spiritual views of the band, nice and concise!

My 72 year old mother went to see it today in Miami. She said it was only her and another man in the movie theater. She liked it, and they let her keep the glasses. She's an Adam fan. She wanted to know why Bono kissed him. :wink:

ramblin rose said:
My 72 year old mother went to see it today in Miami. She said it was only her and another man in the movie theater. She liked it, and they let her keep the glasses. She's an Adam fan. She wanted to know why Bono kissed him. :wink:

wow, cool mum rose ;)

I'm still waiting for the movie to come over here :(

April 9..... seems so far away...

I've only seen U23D twice, both in IMAX. Honestly, after the second time, I felt satisfied and didn't have an 'urge' to see it again. Sure, I'd go again in a heartbeat, but I don't have a psychological need to like I did the first and second times.

I am really hoping, though, that they will release the soundtrack to U2.com subscribers... I really want The Fly and Miss Sarajevo, even though I have many live versions of both already!

Back
Top Bottom