Eze Clips REQUEST thread only (No links please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryMullenFan

Acrobat
*edited by Sicy*

Please use the following thread to discuss the songs:
http://forum.interference.com/f196/new-eze-clips-discussion-thread-only-188742.html

Use this thread only for requests thanks!

*edited by Sicy*

I was at the Eze beach on July 25. I heared 4 songs and recorded them with my mobile phone camera. The result is a typical "beach clip". My opinion on the songs is pretty much the same: it sounds good, but not really innovative. Indeed, it made me think of HTDAAB with better songwriting. it was a great experience to be one of the first to hear the new songs being played so loud at the beach :)

I was at the Eze beach on July 25. I heared 4 songs and recorded them with my mobile phone camera. The result is a typical "beach clip". My opinion on the songs is pretty much the same: it sounds good, but not really innovative. Indeed, it made me think of HTDAAB with better songwriting. it was a great experience to be one of the first to hear the new songs being played so loud at the beach :)

Post them then? because in fairness the clip on U2.com sounds nothing like anything of HTDAAB

Post them then? because in fairness the clip on U2.com sounds nothing like anything of HTDAAB
I'll try... Have to extract the sound from the movie clip first :)

Nice that you mention that clip on U2.com. I presume you mean the one with the groove guitar rif? Bono actually played that tune twice on his stereo. That song was the indeed one that sounds a bit different, but the chorus is back to basic again.

The other songs, I don't know how to explain better... They sound good, no doubt about it. Very solid, very well thought through. They just don't sound "new". They sound like they have been around for some time. it has nothing to do with the sound quality. Bono's stereo plays loud and it sounds very good at the beach. I do think however that he didn't play the potential hit songs, but just some of the album songs.

Post them please.

I'll give you an Internetz hug if you do!

:hug:

Post them please.

I'll give you an Internetz hug if you do!

:hug:
Ahhhh... who can resist internet hugs :heart:

The sound of the recording is pretty much beach clip alike. So, you can hear the song, sometimes even pick up some lyrics, but you won't be playing it on your iPod all day long ;)

I'll try to post, honoustly. Since I'm Dutch, you'll sometimes have to listen to my Dutch spoken comments. I couldn't keep quiet because the security was paying to much attention to me (and my phone...) so I just talked a bit to my girlfriend sometimes.

Ahhhh... who can resist internet hugs :heart:

The sound of the recording is pretty much beach clip alike. So, you can hear the song, sometimes even pick up some lyrics, but you won't be playing it on your iPod all day long ;)

I'll try to post, honoustly. Since I'm Dutch, you'll sometimes have to listen to my Dutch spoken comments. I couldn't keep quiet because the security was paying to much attention to me (and my phone...) so I just talked a bit to my girlfriend sometimes.

Thank you for all the news. Is the extracting working?

LarryMullenFan - you have a youtube account i see...or maybe that's another LarryMullenFan? anyway - you will make me extremely happy if you post soon - please....

Larrymullenfan are you saying there is no need for all this hype, and its just going to sound like Bomb or ATYCLB?

because i think a few people on this forum will be a bit fed up of that.

(not me)

I actually do have a youtube account but not under this name. This is actually the first time I registered by this name.

My youtube account is for my U2 tribute band. On youtube, just look for user joe2info to find out more.

in the mean time, I have extracted all mp3's. Some are really disappointing in sound quality, but... they are all worth listening to :) !!

I apologize for my annoying blabla that you'll hear in the recording. The problem was that I really didn't feel comfortable recording over there with all the security watching me :yikes:

@KUEFC09U2:
Imo there is always need for a hype when U2 releases a new album. And I must say, having listened to the songs some more, they do sound different. It's just that I don't hear many "strange" or completely new sounds. But hey, it's U2, they've done it all, so it's difficult to do it totally different.

It's certainly not ATYCLB. And it's only 4 songs... We'll have to wait for the album to be able to really judge that. And... if ppl are fed up with U2 that is their good right, but for me... no, they have never bored me :)

If I had to descibribe the songs in one word, I would use "solid". They already sounded rock solid over there and listening back, they still do.

Stand by for more info :)

Then how can you tell that the songwriting is better than on the last album?
Since I recorded them myself... On the beach, the sound is really loud. But I had to keep my phone in my pocket. So, yeah, beach clip quality it is. And to me, as a musician, the songs sound decent and better written. But that's just my opinion. You may judge yourself when the album comes out.

Fantastic - thanks very much Larry:hyper:...

Doesnt matter re the sound quaility - anything will do - i need it like a drug at the moment. Cheers and thanks

Ok, since I'm not allowed to post any direct links to this kind of recordings, I suggest everyone does the following: look a my bands homepage *removed* and then in the guestbook. you'll find a link there... Or drop me a mail on b_vanriemsdijk@hotmail.com :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom