Club or arena? But with a twist...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Club or arena?

• Club Elevation show

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Arena B-sides show

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
So I had a margarita after a crappy day. Here are your choices:

1. A U2 club show, this year, but the exact same Elevation set you already saw. Exactly the same, no changes whatsoever. Small club, maybe 200+ people.

OR

2. Arena show, (again this year) but you have medium decent seats, not up close, but you can see. BUT the concert is an entire show of B-sides and tunes rarely played live, with the occasional bitchin' cover tossed in for fun.

Pick one.

Elevation club show

I saw one Elevation show, and my parents and I had seats on the opposite end of the arena. Sure, they were still excellent seats...but I would love the chance to be up close for a show.

KhanadaRhodes said:
b-sides. it would be fun to see the look on those dork's face who buy tickets thinking with or without you is their only hit.

plus, i love their b-sides.

not to mention often those dorks get awesome seats and we're left out in the cold........

But I'm gonna have to go with club elevation show, seeing them close up in my first U2 concert (as a fan anyway!)........if only this was real....:(

I've been far, I've been close.

In the end it all comes down to the music. Give me the b-sides. When the hell else am I really going to get the chance to say "I saw U2 play Everlasting Love, Summer Rain, and Luminous TImes LIVE!" :love:

KhanadaRhodes said:
b-sides. it would be fun to see the look on those dork's face who buy tickets thinking with or without you is their only hit.

plus, i love their b-sides.

:yes: what she said

i also didn't see an elevation show, so that choice wouldn't make sense for me to pick anyway

b-sides arena....

plus, since it's 1991 all over again :wink: ... let's bring back the space junk, holy dunc spectacle, cabaret and crank calling-- I want my ZooTV!

theSoulfulMofo said:
b-sides arena....

plus, since it's 1991 all over again :wink: ... let's bring back the space junk, holy dunc spectacle, cabaret and crank calling-- I want my ZooTV!

Amen to that! Popmart was quite good (but only quite), ZooTV was the best.

Macphisto! "I think there should be photographs of me with the children all over the world".

B-sides, arena. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

You can always get up close to the band, especially with GA seats. All it takes is luck or the forking over of a good amount of money. But you can't pay the band to play 2 hours of b-sides, so it's clear what my mission is.

A tough question. I've only seen one U2 show in my life and that was Elevation from the middle seats. U2 songs are meant for big venues and big crowds, but I'd love a chance to see the band up close too. Eventually I'd still probably go for the arena show, but on the condition that the band rehearses like hell beforehand, because I wouldn't want to sit through the 22+ songs played sloppily and Bono forgetting lyrics all the time. And I'd hope to end up sitting among the fans who know the music, because there's nothing worse than being the only person who's grooving and cheering among the people sitting quietly with their faces blank and dead.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
2 of the 4 Elevation shows I saw were in the heart, in the first 4 rows so it was like being in a small club.

I'll go with decent seats and b-sides. :sexywink:

Same here. I've already been up close for more than one Elevation show which, admittedly, rocked. But I've already had that experience. Plus, I've had decent seats where I've enjoyed myself fine. And with the opportunity to hear stuff I've never heard live? Yeah, I'll take that one. ;)

200 People and front row for:

Elevation, BD, NY, Kite, Gone, Walk On, TheFly, Streets, Stay, One, Bad, MW, UTEOTW, 11 O'clock, Out of Control, IWF, Discotheque, Please, AIWIY, Bullet, NYD, SBS, SATS, Stuck. OOhh!

Club Show Elevation Rerun for me.

I know 'b-sides arena' is the answer I should give.

But dammit, I want the club show. U2 up close & personal.

Now go have another margarita and come up with another poll.

B-sides arena.

1. I've been rooftop to the basement; while the level of emotion was much higher in the heart, the music was just as good in the last row.

2. If they had a show exclusively of rarities, I'm sure they would rehearse them properly. They wouldn't wing a whole show, just one or two random songs. And I have a bootleg of Bono coming thisclose to forgetting the first verse of Still Haven't Found; forgetting the lyrics is part of his charm.

I saw "Bruce" in a theater style audience (under 500 people) forget the words and listened and sang along with the crowd who knew the next words. If I could see U2 in this type setting I would die happy. It was so intimate even with this many people and he was so into it - as much as we were. I know Bono & company would throw it out to the audience equally as well. Whatever was played would be so indescribably delicious with Edge, and Adam and Larry - just there in front of you. The sound would blow me away. I would never forget it, no matter which songs were played. Blinded by the light from staring at the Sun. :bono: But in all honesty, how could I choose? Singing from the heart: would just ....being that I haven't seen them..live :sad: I'll take all of the above. I wouldn't want to have to choose. Yes I could, no I ... never mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom