Bono Sighting moments ago!!!! - He ain't in Barcelona - that's for sure!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2LIVECD

The Fly
Time 23:22

Was a really crappy day here in Dublin. Whenever it rains for more than 2 hours in Dublin traffic seems to stop!! David Gray concert was delayed by one hour tonight! Anyway, I was in a rush because i knew traffic was bad so I rushed out the door to meet my girlfriend and after about 20mins down the road I realised I forgot tto set the tape for the MTV awards and I was going to miss U2 picking up 4 awards!! I was furious with myself (and typically blamed it on my girlfriend making me being in a rush) . To cut the story short, after the David Gray concert we were going fairly slow along a main road in Dublin and low and behold who do we see sauntering (dublin slang) down the road , only the bauld LV of the greates band ever, U2. There he was toddling down the main road, on his own with not a care (as in security) in the world. I beeped the horn and he waved and continued on his way!!!!! I was so pleased on so many levels
1. That U2 obviously won zip , so i didnt miss anything on MTV,
2. That he waved but believe it or not more importantly!!
3. That he can walk along a main road in my city Dublin and no-one gives a shit!!!!!! I truly now understand why the four lads choose to live in the best city in the world!

Up the Dubs!!!.

I actually cant sleep as Im still in shock about how cool it is that he can stroll down little Parliment street in dublin 2 in his afgan-like coat and that green (dark anyway) army hat thing he wore on post-popmart interviews etc.. he is so small in the raw and I was very consious not to blow the horn , actually im a bit disappointed i did!! Its great to see him on his own, obviously out with a few mates for a few beers and then just cruising home or to get a cab/chaffeur etc..

Man...that's an awesome story! You did good to just honk the horn - I would have had a tough time restraing myself from jumping out of the car and freaking out and yelling "Bono, I love you!!!" ;)

Ive seen the four of them a few times around the city but people dont bat an eye-lid , they just leave them too it. Its weird cause after collecting roughly 200 live cd's etc and spending ?5,000 since 1989 travelling around to see them you would think if i saw him on his own I would want to go over to him and talk to him but i think that it would spoil the illuison of his greatness if we spoke... I might realise he is just another northside dub lad!!
My mate, emmett met him b4 in a pub called searsons on baggot street which is beside where Andrea Corr lives and Bono was just sitting at the bar drinking the black stuff and emmett just went up to bar and bought him a pint, approached him said hi, handed over the pint nad said 'thanks for the music' to which Bono smiled shook his hand and said 'no problem' with what my mate described as a cheeky grin!!! Its mad cause anywhere else in the world , celebs have a minder and they certainly would not drink a pint of Guinness from a complete stranger!!!

That's so cool! I saw that David Gray was playing at Point Depot and wondered if U2 would go! Nice!

Cool story about the bar too!

That's what Bono likes anyway, knowing that we're "with him" rather than being attacked for an autograph. :cool: :wink:

That's so cool :wink:

Well done for being controlled and not rushing towards him like a madman and asking him a barage of questions like I would have been tempted to! Like the others said, it's so cool that he can just walk down the street like an average joe.

And by the way is the Popmart Paddy hat officially back in? I saw him wear it at the U2 Towers press confrence the other night on the 9 o'clock news as well.

kariatari said:
Man...that's an awesome story! You did good to just honk the horn - I would have had a tough time restraing myself from jumping out of the car and freaking out and yelling "Bono, I love you!!!" ;)

Yeah...that would be what I would do too...and then I would beat myself up about it for weeks that I was THISCLOSE to greatness and I screamed out the car window...

Lots of love to all those with the self-control to say cool things like "Thanks for the music." As much as I would like to say that I'm that fan, I know would be the screaming puddle of patheticness trying to ooze my way into his view...:rolleyes:

Very cool stories, U2LIVECD!:yes:
This is exactly what I miss about living in Europe, how I always felt safe walking home at all odd hours of the night without a care in the world...

U2SJ said:
Very cool stories, U2LIVECD!:yes:
This is exactly what I miss about living in Europe, how I always felt safe walking home at all odd hours of the night without a care in the world...
That's funny, 'cause that's exactly how I feel living in Canada! When I lived in Vancouver, we'd be out at all hours staggering around (well, some more than others!), and felt perfectly safe doing it. (Hmmm...maybe we're more like Europe afterall?)

U2LIVECD said:

sauntering (dublin slang)

we all say sauntering here too :wave:

I think i saw Adam on O'connell street bridge & the guy in rythym records says edge is always on grafton street oh and we met samantha mumba there one day too

glad u spooted bono :wave:

mad1 said:
what a cool story U2Live!

Yes, Bono can walk about and no-one bothers him, if anyting, pple say 'Hello!'

we are very patient pple!

;)

:sexywink:

so, er Bono, any chance ya walkin round Beflast some time soon?

Yes, you are a very patient and respectful people...that's one of my strongest memories of Ireland.

I've lived in Dublin for about four months now and it actually seems to be LESS common to meet people who have never seen/met Bono or the other guys in some capacity than those who have. I've heard some funny stories, I can tell you.

Not that I've seen any of them yet, but I'm hopeful. Then again, it's not a huge deal. One of the reasons BOno can walk down a Dublin street like a regular guy is that most of the Irish are not going to freak and start screaming "OMIGODITSBONO!" (unlike representatives of some other nationalities...and by the way, I have Irish citizenship but I'm Canadian by birth and upbringing, just in case anyone is intending to get mad at that last remark.)

Back
Top Bottom