Another windy recording...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
actually i think your right laurent, it is rather boring to say the least, I don't really like the structure or style at all. I'm hoping it won't be on the album. I love the other two clips of ABOY and Vertigo though. This style of music just does nothing for me at all. You can here the music VERY WELL in this clip so don't say u can't judge from such a low quality clip, because u can, and I don't like it. (At first I though it was alright now I think U2 can do much better than this)

GO VERTIGO GO!!

I can't hear this....Am I the only one having problems with listening to it?:|

I love it, I love when Edge comes in and it just drives forward, sounds very cool. I'm liking the sound of this album, very cool.

laurent24 said:
Let's hope the boys were only jamming with this song because it's quiet possibly the worst thing I have ever heard from them. Vertigo is ultra great though.

This song will be on the album and i'm almost 99.9% sure it will be this version. U2 is a band that, i feel, love it when they create a song that doesn't necessarily fit their "mold" (if they even have one). After listening to this song A LOT what i am reminded of are both In a Little While and Wild Honey. Now, this song is a lot more rocking than both, and Bono's voice sounds really awesome on this one, but the first time i heard both of them i was like "Is this U2??" and that's the vibe i get on this one. Both of those songs were universally praised by critics and denounced by fans (some fans anyway, not this one). An album full of Vertigos would certainly please a lot of U2 fans, but they would get ripped apart by critics. Everyone wonders whether this album is going to get critical praise or whatever, and the only way they get praise is including songs like this, which shows their versatility. I love this song especially if it is smack dab after Vertigo!!

AussieU2fanman said:
a slightly more upbeat version of Love Rescue me, is someway of describing it.

Oh man, that description is so wrong! Love Rescue Me? This is far more rockin' and upbeat than any second of that horrendous R&H song. It does sound like that album, though. Kinda like When Love Comes To Town meets God pt.II(only because of that Edge explosion in the middle).

On a positive note, sounds like Adam is really driving this song. He sounds quite good. As for my description, that's possibly the closest U2 has ever done to a song like this, this is completely different to any U2 style done before.

Still don't know how do I feel about this song... It has potential, but I don't think you can judge from this horrible clip... And I can't believe that some people already declare it boring from this.

Mmmmm... I'd like to think this song is the dark side of "In a little while", while "Vertigo" is the dark side of "Beautiful day"... don't you? And "All because of you"... the dark side of "Wild honey"??? Hehehehehe... I just don't know...

This is a VERY GOOD quality clip, its the best of all the leaks by far. You can hear everything, what's wrong with everyone?? Turn the bass down and put headphones on if u think its bad.

I love hoe the bass goes along and the drums come in at the begining while bono's singing. and there is much of a doors/zepplin influence in there!

when is this server issue gonna be fixed? I can't even quote anymore.

anyway...yeah, I know this riff from somewhere...it's either a doors riff or....hmmm....the riff is almost like "green onions".
that vocal is NOT a finished vocal; no way. he's out of tune.
it sounds way more like a jam.

actually, he's not out of tune...it's just he's got that kind of worbaly sound going on with his voice.

I actually like this riff alot....it's a shuffle...close to robert johnson or something.

I would describe it as..."sinister" or something.

(I'd put a devil smiley here but...)

I really hope you people know your Zep when you say "this sounds like Zep" because that comment alone excites me to the point of having blue brains (instead of blue balls of course! :ohmy: )! I am going to avoid hearing this clip simply because of my deafness. It is hard enough for me to make out anything on the Vertigo clip. I really need no interference (waves/winds/yapping) of any sort to enjoy these songs. Being a big blues fan, this sounds like a song that I can't wait to hear. Anyone else have thoughts on what previous U2 songs this one sounds like? I really like that comment about Vertigo being an Elevation/Gloria hybrid.

Roland of Gilead said:
Anyone else have thoughts on what previous U2 songs this one sounds like? I really like that comment about Vertigo being an Elevation/Gloria hybrid.

I think everyone can probably agree that this is a new form for U2. There really isn't any previous song that you can compare this to. I kind of get a little Motown feel mixed with the blues myself...

Wow. I really really dig it.

If it were on a previous album, it would be on The Joshua Tree or Rattle & Hum. In concert, though, I think it might follow after "Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World."

I can't seem to access this song at any of the links provided. So if someone could be so kind as to email me a copy of it, I would really appreciate it. :bow:

I want to hear this new song too! :wink:

And as for our server problem here (I'm starting to have trouble posting too), I guess this should just motivate us to CONTRIBUTE TO OUR FUNDRAISER here at Interference.

Only we can make sure that this awesome website stays alive and kickin' during the upcoming CD and tour.:up:

My email is ultravioletlove_14@yahoo.com. Much thanks for your help.

LET SEE COLORS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN.....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Very interesting clip! The riff reminds me a lot of BRMC's "Spread Your Love" which makes sense since the band said they'd listened to a lot of that band...anyway thats three clips now and each seems to be excellent, I have high hopes for the new album.:D

now that you mention it the song does slightly sound like BRMC spread your love - it could be that the bass pretty strong in this song - as it is in spread your love - I more I hear of the clips - poor quality and all- the more excited I for this album - I realize that I've waited 4 years for this friggin album but the wait is really becoming bad now that it's so close.

Back
Top Bottom