Album name speculation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it's actually the album title which they cannot agree on. I don't think NLOTH was ever confirmed, it was merely speculation. I can see Bono insisting on a title that has "love" or "soul" or "kneel" in it and Larry threatening to beat him up with his drum sticks if he doesn't let go of that idea. :lol:

I quite like

Mercy - it won't appear on any album so deal with it (MIWAOAASDWI)

I think I know the song but can't remember the lyrics (ITIKTSBCRTL)

The Beach Clips Larry Mullen Fan or Slow Loris is Bono (TBCLMFOSLIB)

And lastly

2009 - Unofficially this will officially be our year suckers! (UTWOBOYS) Oooh Like that :drool:

Dig Out Your Soul...

Oopps Oasis already claimed that, they stole that from Abbey road.

Possible new record titles, your considerations

Atu2.com has reported these titles to appear on the record. Considering them, what kind of theme/direction do you think the album will/might have?

"Get On Your Boots" - described in this Q magazine article as "Eddie Cochran with barbershop harmonies'; previously referred to in some articles as "Sexy Boots"

"Breathe" - described in this Q magazine article as a "f--k-off live rocker"

"The Cedars of Lebanon" - Daniel Lanois revealed this track in an interview with the Montreal magazine, Voir. He said the song was inspired by Jimi Hendrix.

"Moment of Surrender" - an 8-minute-long track mentioned in this Q magazine article; Brian Eno told fans outside Hanover Quay studios in early June, 2008, that it's "the best thing" he's recorded with U2.

"For Your Love" - a song title seen on the band's white board, as described in this article from the Fez recording sessions; in this Q magazine article, Edge says it has one of the best riffs he's ever played

"One Bird" - a song title seen on the band's white board, as described in this article from the Fez recording sessions

"No Line On The Horizon" - Bono and Edge played this song for a USA Today writer during an in-the-car interview at the Sundance Film Festival. On hearing it, writer Anthony Breznican says "heavy distortion fills the car," and later adds: "The song is rough, weaving between brutal guitar blasts underscoring the mellow title refrain." Edge explains that the song "It came out of a new distortion box that my guitar tech got."

Unknown Title - in the same interview with Anthony Breznican, Bono and Edge played a second song whose opening lyric is, "It's six o'clock...". Bono tells Breznican that numbers are significant in each of the new songs.

"If I Could Live My Life Again" - Bono says this song is "inspired by the great Argentinian poet Jorge Luis Borges." Bono said he had just begun the song while speaking with author Michka Assayas in December, 2005. Their interview appears as the extra material in the paperback version of Bono in Conversation with Michka Assayas.

"Love Is All We Have Left" - a song Bono named during his May, 2006, trip to Africa as one that he had recently written. "It’s like an old Broadway tune. I thought it was a Frank Sinatra song," Bono said.

"North Star," a song from the How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions which included a guest organ appearance from Michael W. Smith. In this CCM article, Smith describes the song as a tribute to Johnny Cash.

"Mercy", one of the last songs to get cut from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, described in Blender magazine as "a six-and-a-half-minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish"

"Lead Me In The Way I Should Go" -- a contender for Atomic Bomb first mentioned in this February, 2003, interview with Bono in Grammy Magazine

"You Can't Give Away Your Heart" - a contender for Atomic Bomb first mentioned in SPIN magazine

Good compilation :up:

I just wanted to add that I had a really realistic dream last night about U2's new album. Some facts from this dream:

- The album was released on October 13, 2008 - we were all surprised!
- The album came in a "paper" box with an artwork that mainly consisted of a red and black colored cover with U2 and the album name on it. No band photo, just color, it looked lovely.
- Don't shoot me, but I really couldn't make out the album title - it was something that sounded slightly "African", we were trying to make out the title in my dream and couldn't come to a conclusion
- The album had 12 songs on it, all the titles were written in big capital letters on the back and all the song titles that were discussed on this forum were included. I looked for them and could clearly see some of the songs like Moment of Surrender and NLOTH. Other titles were a little strange, don't ask me, but there were some REALLY strange song names on there. :lol:
- Sadly, my dream ended with us finally having the new album in our hands, there was a lot of media coverage and promotion, but I never got to hear it, so I cannot tell you what it sounded like. Maybe the dream will continue tomorrow night. :wink:

I just wanted to add that I had a really realistic dream last night about U2's new album. Some facts from this dream:

- The album came in a "paper" box with an artwork that mainly consisted of a red and black colored cover with U2 and the album name on it. No band photo, just color, it looked lovely.
- Don't shoot me, but I really couldn't make out the album title - it was something that sounded slightly "African", we were trying to make out the title in my dream and couldn't come to a conclusion
- The album had 12 songs on it, all the titles were written in big capital letters on the back and all the song titles that were discussed on this forum were included. I looked for them and could clearly see some of the songs like Moment of Surrender and NLOTH. Other titles were a little strange, don't ask me, but there were some REALLY strange song names on there. :lol:
- Sadly, my dream ended with us finally having the new album in our hands, there was a lot of media coverage and promotion, but I never got to hear it, so I cannot tell you what it sounded like. Maybe the dream will continue tomorrow night. :wink:

Very interesting dream you had.

I wish it was released in October, and strange song names, innovative eh.

But dreams are strange, words can sound jumbled up. :wink:

You dreamed that U2 released a Peter Gabriel album?

:lol:

Sadly, still nothing about how the songs sound like. :(

Yes I agree :-( its pretty sad to think that by now (if all was going to go as planned that is) We would have had a single out and we would have surely known the title plus the track listing of the album and maybe in 3- 4 weeks we would have had the album out! Garr. Good thing there are other bands releasing albums to keep me going till the new U2 album comes out whenever that will be.

Yes I agree :-( its pretty sad to think that by now (if all was going to go as planned that is) We would have had a single out and we would have surely known the title plus the track listing of the album and maybe in 3- 4 weeks we would have had the album out! Garr. Good thing there are other bands releasing albums to keep me going till the new U2 album comes out whenever that will be.

:sigh: It is kinda sad. Although I was relying on the new Kings of Leon Album to get me through, and its crap. My back up plan is the new Killers album but their lead single, Human, is also a peice a crap. COME ON U2. don't let me down.

:sigh: It is kinda sad. Although I was relying on the new Kings of Leon Album to get me through, and its crap. My back up plan is the new Killers album but their lead single, Human, is also a peice a crap. COME ON U2. don't let me down.

It's such a cruel world...........................:wink:
Look for shelter in old music.............it's the only way. Try to discover bands you've never listened to................U2 need a bit time yet ;)

Back
Top Bottom