Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Achtung Baby poster, kenny_a. :up:

I have a similar Zooropa poster. I framed it a long time ago but haven't hung it on my wall yet. It's an original from the 90s and still in great condition.

IMG_20110730_163746.jpg

:laugh: I don't think I want to know how much this would cost.

Universal is currently in negotiations with with Citigroup to come up with a financing scheme to allow people to take out mortgages to pay for this remaster.

This Month......look at U2.com...because Somewhere in August the site will be updated with Great News from the Remasters....(the best so far to be released)!!

:wave:

Do you have to be so damn cryptic every time? :rolleyes: You know, you could either give info or say nothing at all, because this really doesn't help us at all.
We know the remaster info will be announced somewhere in the next month. And that it would be over U2.com. So nothing new there. And likely Amazon.something will leak info first, as they already have leaked the release date.

Do you have to be so damn cryptic every time? :rolleyes: You know, you could either give info or say nothing at all, because this really doesn't help us at all.
We know the remaster info will be announced somewhere in the next month. And that it would be over U2.com. So nothing new there. And likely Amazon.something will leak info first, as they already have leaked the release date.

This way he/she can continue to pretend to be an insider...

This way he/she can continue to pretend to be an insider...

I'm not an insider repeat after me...this is your own words my Friends but i can Add that the remasters will be full of surprises...demos...alternative versions...does it smell good?
In general the info from the last remasters have been available not so long before their releases but this time the Info will B available much Sooner!!

Repeat after me....I pretend nothing....I'm not an INSIDER & things can change anytime because i'm Nothing in this story...i shared just an info from some1 who works 4 Universal....nothing is official 4 the moment...remember Nothing is set in stone

But haven't you been pretending to share this "insider's" knowledge for awhile now?

As simple as that.....believe me or not is not important...i'm not an insider & i can't control the info i'v simply shared ....i'm nothing interresting for your tastes..so you can take another road , have a nice & beautiful day!

End of transmission

As simple as that.....believe me or not is not important...i'm not an insider & i can't control the info i'v simply shared ....i'm nothing interresting for your tastes..so you can take another road , have a nice & beautiful day!

End of transmission

Many of us have known for quite awhile that they would probably release this on the 20th anniversary, even when you were claiming Sept of 2010. We know the basic formats. We know there will be some unreleased tracks. For all of this follows certain patterns. This is all common knowledge.

I have read a lot of the comments about this remaster. The one I do not get is why people want the Berlin Hansa outtakes on it. It is already widely available on bootleg. Why do you want something you already have or can get easily? I would rather they include demos from the sessions that summer when the album began to take shape. Those would be more interesting, and more importantly, we haven't heard them previously! :)

I hope "Down All The Days" is on it. It made it to the summer 1991 cut of songs before being dropped. They used the guitar on it for Numb. Except it is Bono on vocals and does not have the "rap" versus like Numb does. Sounds interesting to me. I also hope the Zooropa set includes Bono singing The Wanderer. Flood wanted this version on the album and thought it was better. Would be interesting to hear if he was right.

I think the DVD could be a disappointment. I have a "feeling" that there will be no full length concert DVD on this set. A lot of documentary footage and some single song clips from the tours from that time frame. Still cool, but not as cool as an previously unreleased full length concert DVD from the Zoo TV era. Although if they did it would probably be something we already have on bootleg like the 1992 Washington DC show.

Still looking forward to this. If they do as good of a job as they did with the JT special edition and remaster I will be very happy with it. :)

I think the DVD could be a disappointment. I have a "feeling" that there will be no full length concert DVD on this set. A lot of documentary footage and some single song clips from the tours from that time frame. Still cool, but not as cool as an previously unreleased full length concert DVD from the Zoo TV era. Although if they did it would probably be something we already have on bootleg like the 1992 Washington DC show.

I would be thrilled with a cleaned up Washington show on DVD.

I would be thrilled with a cleaned up Washington show on DVD.

I wouldn't be thrilled, but think it would be somewhat cool. There are some very clean bootlegs of it out there though. I would say that show is the best bet if they did release a full length concert because of the extra production for it.

My vote would be one of the Yankee Stadium shows 1992, full production for both of them, a lot of it is unreleased. But we will probably get the songs from it that were already broadcast on TV if it is on there.

i'm guessing much of, if not most of, the AB outtakes will stuff we've already heard on the Salome Outtakes bootlegs. maybe U2 will at least throw in 1 or 2 demos not available to the public already, but most likely they'll ignore that the Salome Bootlegs have been in circulation for years.

what i'm really looking forward to is the Zooropa outtakes/demos/unreleased stuff.

i'm guessing much of, if not most of, the AB outtakes will stuff we've already heard on the Salome Outtakes bootlegs. maybe U2 will at least throw in 1 or 2 demos not available to the public already, but most likely they'll ignore that the Salome Bootlegs have been in circulation for years.

I think you are right, we got a B side already that is directly from the same tapes "Where Did It All Go Wrong". So a lot if not most of the demo material will be from the Hansa sessions. I would like to hear the progression of some of those songs. Basically the the outtakes from the studio sessions that summer like I indicated previously. The song would be recognizable but different and most likely have Bono with some coherent lyrics, but different lyrics. What I do not understand is the sentiment by some that they think the outtakes that have been out on bootleg HAVE to be included. I would rather get something I do not have already or is not already available in some form. Does not make sense to me why you want an official copy of something you already have from an audio perspective.

Many of us have known for quite awhile that they would probably release this on the 20th anniversary, even when you were claiming Sept of 2010. We know the basic formats. We know there will be some unreleased tracks. For all of this follows certain patterns. This is all common knowledge.

Exactly. When he said that I even stated that it would be more likely to be released november 2011. I even stated it should be the week of november 11, 2011. And there you go, it's november 8, 2011.

And I had no insider knowledge at the time. I just used simple logic. :shrug:

Have said it before, but I'd love a cleaned-up and polished version of "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down", which I feel like was the most fully-realized song to emerge from the Axtung Beibi outtakes that didn't eventually get some sort of official U2 treatment. I'm also very curious to hear "Down All the Days."

Apart from that, I'm more interested in the Zooropa curios -- "The Wanderer" with Bono on lead vocals! "In Cold Blood"! The original version of "God Will Send"!

I think you are right, we got a B side already that is directly from the same tapes "Where Did It All Go Wrong". So a lot if not most of the demo material will be from the Hansa sessions. I would like to hear the progression of some of those songs. Basically the the outtakes from the studio sessions that summer like I indicated previously. The song would be recognizable but different and most likely have Bono with some coherent lyrics, but different lyrics. What I do not understand is the sentiment by some that they think the outtakes that have been out on bootleg HAVE to be included. I would rather get something I do not have already or is not already available in some form. Does not make sense to me why you want an official copy of something you already have from an audio perspective.

i agree as well. it's puzzling. i think we're on the same page there. it would be great to see the middle step between the Salome Outtakes and the finished album....

I have read a lot of the comments about this remaster. The one I do not get is why people want the Berlin Hansa outtakes on it. It is already widely available on bootleg. Why do you want something you already have or can get easily? I would rather they include demos from the sessions that summer when the album began to take shape. Those would be more interesting, and more importantly, we haven't heard them previously! :)

I hope "Down All The Days" is on it. It made it to the summer 1991 cut of songs before being dropped. They used the guitar on it for Numb. Except it is Bono on vocals and does not have the "rap" versus like Numb does. Sounds interesting to me. I also hope the Zooropa set includes Bono singing The Wanderer. Flood wanted this version on the album and thought it was better. Would be interesting to hear if he was right.

Still looking forward to this. If they do as good of a job as they did with the JT special edition and remaster I will be very happy with it. :)

Keep in mind most fans don't actually have dvd bootlegs at all and would be trilled to have something like that.

^ I have no DVD bootlegs and only one song from the Salome outtakes because I am not really interested in collecting song scraps or unfinished rejects. Also, there are too many bootlegs to wade through out there to find the good stuff. So any officially-released material from this time period that has been cleaned up would be great. :up:

It'd be interesting to hear any alternate takes of the songs that actually made the album (i.e., the completed songs themselves either with a different mix, a different solo or vocal take, etc.). I had an mp3 some years ago where some clips of the songs were on it, possibly for some promo thing, and I think the clip of One had Bono singing the chorus a bit differently than it appeared on the album.

It's been awhile though, so I can't remember it too clearly now. Would be fun to hear something like that in completed form though.

slimongi said:
I'm not an insider repeat after me...this is your own words my Friends but i can Add that the remasters will be full of surprises...demos...alternative versions...does it smell good?
In general the info from the last remasters have been available not so long before their releases but this time the Info will B available much Sooner!!

Repeat after me....I pretend nothing....I'm not an INSIDER & things can change anytime because i'm Nothing in this story...i shared just an info from some1 who works 4 Universal....nothing is official 4 the moment...remember Nothing is set in stone

So just to be clear... you're an insider, yes?

i really hope there is a full length concert dvd from the tour before zooropa that makes it onto the deluxe box set, ala paris from the joshua tree box, does anyone know how many shows were filmed? and why did they wait for the very last show of the tour to be the offical concert video, would really love to have dublin or new york if they were filmed, zoo tv is great, but the early shows were a bit different and the version of ultraviolet from that era is outstanding, any info is appreciated

wasnt one of the show on wembly filmed?the show itself had baby face and zooropa and other ab songs so it would fit in perfectly since its a double remaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom