Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, I never stated the band themselves check this place. Just someone in their camp, possibly Willie. A certain other poster completely took my words and twisted them into that I claimed U2 was on here. Which I highly doubt. And if they are, please, god, go away while you can guys. You don't want to read all this shit.

But I do have a feeling this might've been planned. As you said, they might've wanted the time to do it and waited till the tour ended. Looking back, this happens to be a brilliant strategy.

Look at what happened. They announced the reissue, and all the discussion and tweeting and stuff. It's a hot item, there's a LOT of talk about it on u2 forums and twitter and music sites are picking up on it. And all that because they haven't mentioned it's a remaster or not? Great free publicity I'd say!
Now all they gotta do is remaster it, announce it, and tah dah JACKPOT! It'd pull the doubters over the line from the regular versions to the super or possibly even the uber box.

For the record, I never stated the band themselves check this place. Just someone in their camp, possibly Willie. A certain other poster completely took my words and twisted them into that I claimed U2 was on here.

Didn't know someone harassed you about that (I know how that feels on here :)), anyway corrected post to say "U2 organization"...though I think if someone says "U2" in that context it pretty much means the organization.

Which I highly doubt. And if they are, please, god, go away while you can guys. You don't want to read all this shit.

+1 :)

Didn't know someone harassed you about that (I know how that feels on here :)), anyway corrected post to say "U2 organization"...though I think if someone says "U2" in that context it pretty much means the organization.

+1 :)

Well yeah, apparently I can't make claims supported by evidence, cause I'm totally talking bull asking for attention. :) Some people..

But yeah, I wasn't the one who noticed that, I merely remembered. I think it was sometime during the rehearsals for the 2010 leg, the Torino shows. U2.com also had some song requests before the 2009 legs of songs people wanted to come back, I remember UF and UV won that poll, maybe partly because there were a few campaigns on here to get those songs up and a lot of people voted. That's one part where they listened to their fans, though yes, indeed, that's their own website.
But someone on here also mentioned how cool it'd be if HMTMKMKM would be back.
Just stuff like that. Never gave it much thought until you start putting it all together. Could even be someone of the web staff of U2.com, I guess. Just someone passing the message.

And my post to Cori which you corrected, read it again. :wink: It is already a bad lyrical pun, but from AB's little brother.

I have no doubts that Bonosaurusrex is telling the truth about the upcoming sessions. It would make sense on multiple levels. The doc is also presumably being edited in L.A. so it would make sense.

But no one has any proof so there is no point discussing it. Unless there was a L.A. member of the forum who wants to wait outside the studio for any sightings.

Wouldn't it make sense to upgrade the audio for the movie. Obviously the movie is going to contain plenty of material from the album. I have my doubts that U2 would put a movie out in theaters with regrading the video and audio to 2011 specs. Even video uploaded to Vimeo is updated. Bands salivate at the chance to get their music is big theater rooms with the best tools available.

I won't be in Santa Monica in Person for this session. But I shall let you all know if I hear anything. Who knows, Maybe Ill get the balls to simply just ask which project U2 is up to!

Last edited:
I'm skeptical at minimum.

Ofcourse, but nobody is calling him a liar at this point, which is good. With such little information we have we're best off just contemplating what we have. We simply don't know much more, and I assume that if this happens to be about the AB "remaster", we'll hear about it sooner or later. There's no point in going through the entire argument again. :)

Then again, I also said that two threads and countless arguments ago... And we're still no wiser.

Ofcourse, but nobody is calling him a liar at this point, which is good. With such little information we have we're best off just contemplating what we have. We simply don't know much more, and I assume that if this happens to be about the AB "remaster", we'll hear about it sooner or later. There's no point in going through the entire argument again. :)

Then again, I also said that two threads and countless arguments ago... And we're still no wiser.

Hmmmm. I think we are actually somewhat wiser...we certainly have more information than we had when we started...the reports from the two U2 sites, re: Universal saying it's not remastered, Amazon taking down the remaster listing, etc. Granted, nothing from Bono himself, but I don't think saying "We didn't bother to remaster Achtung Baby" is on his to do list right now.

I agree, I don't think anyone is saying Bonosaurusrex is lying about this new report, it's just that, like the Twitter thing, we really just don't know what it all means.

..if the only convincing information an individual can deliver here is in the form of print, than there really is no point in my sharing what I learn regarding the project they are there for. BTW my band being mastered consists of ex members of The Cure, Placebo, Sneaker Pimps etc...and Im a very credible industry source Polaroid Kiss | Facebook and you can hear arnies mastering on the e.p. tracks. cheers

Hmmmm. I think we are actually somewhat wiser...we certainly have more information than we had when we started...the reports from the two U2 sites, re: Universal saying it's not remastered, Amazon taking down the remaster listing, etc. Granted, nothing from Bono himself, but I don't think saying "We didn't bother to remaster Achtung Baby" is on his to do list right now.

I agree, I don't think anyone is saying Bonosaurusrex is lying about this new report, it's just that, like the Twitter thing, we really just don't know what it all means.

Don't forget the French site confirming a remaster. :wink: Like I said, we still know pretty much nothing.

Your credibility is not the issue here.

What are the odds that good ol' Arnie's assistant is in the habit of releasing privileged info to other clients that is actually true? Even if he is, I highly doubt you're supposed to be posting it on the internet! :doh:

Also, now you're saying that U2 is going to be there? I didn't see you make any mention of that in your first post, just that Mr Acosta needed to cancel your sessions to work on U2 work.

PS - everybody's band consists of ex members of The Cure, cmon now! :wink:

..if the only convincing information an individual can deliver here is in the form of print, than there really is no point in my sharing what I learn regarding the project they are there for. BTW my band being mastered consists of ex members of The Cure, Placebo, Sneaker Pimps etc...and Im a very credible industry source Polaroid Kiss | Facebook and you can hear arnies mastering on the e.p. tracks. cheers

Bonosaurusrex chill man! :) No one is saying you're making it up! But just because someone's in the studio working on this project doesn't mean they're actually remastering the album! Then again maybe they are. Obviously something's going on based on the info you've provided, we just don't know exactly what. And it's possible you're telling the whole truth but your source might be mistaken about the info. The point is, we just don't know.

Again, no one is questioning your credibility (we have no reason to...yet), so no need to be so defensive!

Remain skeptical then mate. True Im not supposed to share info but hey it was shared with me, and I'm never going to be quiet when it comes to U2 lol plus Im a regular client, Id expect to know the situation if our deadlines need to be altered. no idea about your comments on the cure.

No one's called Bonosaurusrex a liar yet?

.... am I on the right forum?

*checks URL*

:wink:

The plot sickens! Will be interesting to see if anything else comes out about this.

cool Nick thanks for the nice reply! I'm going backto stalking the forum now. I just wanted to be of some use! peace

No worries. BTW, you might want to use a word other than "stalking"...maybe say you're "ghosting" the forum. Stalking sounds kind of creepy, and as someone whose had a stalker on here, I can tell you it's not much fun. :)

Bonosaurusrex said:
Id expect to know the situation if our deadlines need to be altered

..thus reinforcing what I said about it being a "U2 excuse"..

So.. which is it, is it simply that Acosta will be working on a "U2 project", or that U2 will actually be there also?

And you didn't get the Cure joke? Seriously? :huh:

Alrighty I won't be stalking, Sorry didn't know that was a sensitive word..forgive mate!. I'll just sit my mecha-godzilla ass in the corner....and ponder over this cure joke ;(

Technically U2 do not need to be there in person. I'm working from London with Arnie over Dropbox. But if The Edge is really really anal Im sure he's more than welcome with his buddies to help arnie

Anyways, fingers crossed for Zooropa & outtakes or my heart will shatter.... I feel 'zooropa' & 'daddy's' have the potential to sound massive

But which is it? Did the assistant say that U2 was going to be there..or, that Arnie was working on something U2 and you by extension felt that meant they would be there (and then more recently acknowledge that they wouldn't necessarily need to be there :huh: )

I'm not trying to be picky, but it's a fair question and it's moving a bit away from what you first said..

Stressful evening my friend. Looks like you are in need of more info, so The assistant brought up the fact that U2 would be there and working, and also that arnie HAD been working.. so I really have no conclusive information for you, I'm hoping to clear up what's up. I've left a message asking what the U2 project is... I'll let you know. I will be in constant touch with the facility all day giving feedback... Obviously I dont care about sharing info. Just relax and we will find out through some channel... Like Im sure many know. Mastering is the final process in the preparations (typically) so if they are to announce anything official Id expect it to be soon. forgive my bad spelling in in a time crunch here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom