"40" w/badass Adam solo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
Ok I tried to figure out where to post this, so please don't roast me.

Last summer I had a version of "40" on my harddrive, which since has bit the dust.

It had Adam doing a sortof solo on "40", I mean he was actually playing some stuff...does anyone else know this version, or have it?

For the life of me I can't find it anywhere!

What tour? I've seen a few clips on youtube, but I'm very curious to hear this version with a "solo."

No offence to Edge, but I like what Adam plays on guitar better than what's on the studio version.

thrillme said:

No offence to Edge, but I like what Adam plays on guitar better than what's on the studio version.

Didnt edge play both bass and guitar on the album? Am sure i read that somewhere? Or am i thinking of another?

gabrielvox said:
Oh I should have clarified that - I'm talking about a live version, with Adam on lead guitar of course - he actually soloed!

:drool:

:hmm: Perhaps Adam is a "guitar hero" deep down. All that being the background as a bassplayer, hmmm...

Yeah, i'd like to see a YouTube version.

If i remember right, on the Red Rocks video version of 40, Adam certainly fucks up one note near the end -- prompting a dodgy look from Bono and a sheepish shoulder shrug from Adam.

Back
Top Bottom