UK X Factor!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:rolleyes:

Hey Aardie, I only caught the second show - I saw Journey South did U2 - any good??

MsMofoGone said:

:ohmy: You're BUSTED Tilli !! :shame:

And what does that have to do with the UK's 'X-Factor' ??:lmao: :lmao:

Erm, may I remind you of this post, a few pages back?
:wink:

Who went? I was out and missed it, but I caugh Journey South's perfomance, and thought they did the song quite well. They kinda adapted their own style into it a bit...

Any *fingers crossed* it was The COnways who went.

It was the Conways, Total U2 Nut - and it was Simon who voted them off!!:ohmy: :applaud:

Actually, what I would like to know is ... besides having different people on the show ...

What is the difference between X-Factor and Big Brother ?? :shrug:

:hmm:

Aren't these shows overall, the same kind of concept !! :wink:

Big Brother is about people being in a house for 12 weeks (i think) and getting voted out by the public on the basis of how irritating their personality is.

X-Factor is about people getting voted out on the basis of their lack of singing/performance ability.

Both shows contain their fair share of talentless no hopers, almost all the people, on both shows, fall into obscurity not long after the shows finish or if they're lucky get photographed in Now/Heat (gossip mags) falling out of a nighclub, drunk, at some Z list event.

So yeah, the concepts are not so different..
:wink:

Tilli said:
It was the Conways, Total U2 Nut - and it was Simon who voted them off!!:ohmy: :applaud:

Thank God. They were barely even in Simon's category though so it wasn't as if he voted off his own act. They always picked their own songs etc. I'm so glad their gone, it's a pity Maria went because of them though, she was one of the best.

Maria...:drool:

The Conways and Louis were on 'This Morning' yesterday. They didnt slag Simon off for his decision, which was good of them. Louis was denying that last weeks events were NOT a publicity stunt....whatever Louis :tsk:

On that subject, he and Louis both shamelessly plugging the new G4 album and Westlife & Ill Divo!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Makes me cringe!! The only thing I dislike about this show is their blatant plugging for their other artists and projects, but they think if they make a joke out of doing it like they do, then that makes it ok...it doesnt:tsk:

And another thing, that bloody Westlife advert.....STOP SHOWING IT!!!!:rant:

How can anybody enjoy Il Divo or G4?

X-Factor is purely about ratings. Once the show is over and ITV have won the ratings war again they won't give a shit about the artist who won. it's trash TV to get ratings, just like Big Brother...........but we like it :wink:

lol. or appearing at Butlins or on a random Carribean Cruise Ship singing cover after cover.

don't forget about Hear'say, Gareth Gates, One True Voice, David Sneddon, Michelle McManus and all the rest as well :blahblah: :yawn:

Aardvark747 said:
I liked Gareth Gates while he lasted! That song of his, "I've made a stupid mistake" - fantastic!:wink:

:shame:

that song was appalling! i was really glad when he lost to Will Young. it was cringeworthy watching him stutter his way through those interviews with Ant and Dec :slant:

Looks like this thread is dying a slow death! Did anyone see last Sat's show? How the hell did Brenda get the fewest votes? Must be all the teenage girls voting for the pretty boys. What a shame, she was the best one left and the final will be pretty boring with her gone.

I missed the results part - I can't believe Brenda went but I think you are right about teenage girls voting :rolleyes:. No doubt Shane or Journey South will win...:yawn:

Hope your holiday was ok Karls:up:

Tilli said:
I missed the results part - I can't believe Brenda went but I think you are right about teenage girls voting :rolleyes:. No doubt Shane or Journey South will win...:yawn:

Yeah, they'll release a pre-packaged single for Christmas and then fall off the face of the earth a la Michelle McManus!

Tilli said:

Hope your holiday was ok Karls:up:

Thanks! It had been over 2 yrs since I've been back home for a visit! I had almost forgotten what my friends and family look like...... :reject:

The X factor is nearly over:sigh: ............

......however it's Celeb Big Brother in January guys :hyper: :hyper:

Aardvark747 said:
JOURNEY SOUTH TO WIN!:rockon:

Hopefully..... I liked their 'Let It Be', but I think Shayne'll win, which is a pity as he'll release two singles (if he's lucky) and then be forgotten forever. Just like the winner last year, I can't even remember his name.

Well Shayne won, cant say i'm suprised! He was the fave from the start.....think he'll stick around a bit longer than last years winner, cos all the girlies probably fancy him.

Back
Top Bottom