The Temple Bar: We'll give you christmas spirit...UYMFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

me too, although whenever I use it in conversation no one gets it. I feel bad for it.

I try to only break it out when I know it'll be understood and appreciated.

I actually once handed a note to Gary Bettman that had the word deign on it.

snowbunny00774 said:
really? you thought he would understand it? he annoys me. what was the note?

He's a bad commissioner, but he's not a complete moron.

Prior to 9/11, Continental used to have an odd flight from LAX to Newark. It would leave at 5pm and land at 1am. It was usually an empty flight, so I always took it. Anyway, Bettman was on the flight, and in coach, like me. I was seated towards the back, and had a whole aisle to myself. He moved to the aisle adjacent to me, which was also empty. As they were serving meals to the people up front, he put his tray down in anticipation of getting his meal. I then for whatever reason handed him a note that said "Paul Tagliabue would NEVER deign to sit in coach". In case you do not know, Tagliabue is the recently retired commissioner of the NFL, and Bettman worked for him there prior to getting the NHL gig. He laughed and we talked for a bit, since I worked for an entity that televised over 800 of his league's games per year as well as, at the time, a weekly show about the league. End of rambling story.

No spoken words said:

He's a bad commissioner, but he's not a complete moron.

Prior to 9/11, Continental used to have an odd flight from LAX to Newark. It would leave at 5pm and land at 1am. It was usually an empty flight, so I always took it. Anyway, Bettman was on the flight, and in coach, like me. I was seated towards the back, and had a whole aisle to myself. He moved to the aisle adjacent to me, which was also empty. As they were serving meals to the people up front, he put his tray down in anticipation of getting his meal. I then for whatever reason handed him a note that said "Paul Tagliabue would NEVER deign to sit in coach". In case you do not know, Tagliabue is the recently retired commissioner of the NFL, and Bettman worked for him there prior to getting the NHL gig. He laughed and we talked for a bit, since I worked for an entity that televised over 800 of his league's games per year as well as, at the time, a weekly show about the league. End of rambling story.

What was the meal they were serving?

perhaps it was
i_do_love_green_eggs_and_ham.jpg
? :wink:

you might not be sure but you're right.
I clearly have no idea of myself half the time.

I like this movie. wasn't sure at the beginning as Clive Owen is hot but over rated, however, I like it so far.

snowbunny00774 said:
you might not be sure but you're right.
I clearly have no idea of myself half the time.

I like this movie. wasn't sure at the beginning as Clive Owen is hot but over rated, however, I like it so far.

I LOVE that fucking film. :drool: See? I just drooled.

Clive Owen + Dystopian societies = WIN

No spoken words said:

Did you mean "Insanely high powered executive", PFan?

But your post didn't get nominated for "Greatest Post in History of Posting" did it?

Ah, screw it. I'd rather be insanely high powered. You win.

This battle, anyway.

phillyfan26 said:

But your post didn't get nominated for "Greatest Post in History of Posting" did it?

Ah, screw it. I'd rather be insanely high powered. You win.

This battle, anyway.

I've had some posts get nominated for stuff. Like worst post, and whatnot. Whatever.

But, it was Diemen who nominated you. Have you looked at his avatar?

Sorry Sicy.

Muldfeld said:

Chris Carter is in such great shape, he could kick any executive producer's butt, especially that bastard phoney with no artistic integrity Tim Kring.

My name is a combination of Mulder and Seinfeld. Of course, I was named that by a friend who caught me imitating both characters at once because I thought they both had cool ways of speaking. It was a total accident and I can't even replicate the incident.

I am now convinced that this poster is simply one of your alters that you use to have a laugh.

Own up. Which one of you is it?

Back
Top Bottom