The Temple Bar ~ Tom Petty (hell yeah!) at the Superbowl UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
campus epidemics :drool:
Laura - is it too rash to suggest you just go home for a bit while this clears up?

I heard the main campus of the school I work at is also catching on. Ooooh please let them close!

85, Bar.

U2democrat said:
Afternoon bar :wave:

About 25% of the school has the flu, including professors who are having to cancel classes because they are sick as well.

The administration's response?

Don't touch door handles.

:scream::banghead::grumpy:

Don't fucking do it then. The school knows best.

U2democrat said:
Afternoon bar :wave:

About 25% of the school has the flu, including professors who are having to cancel classes because they are sick as well.

The administration's response?

Don't touch door handles.

:scream::banghead::grumpy:

That sucks. And is insane.

I don't know if you Americans did this, but a couple of years ago, there was this widespread effort promoting that people should sneeze into the crook of their arm/elbow, instead of into their hands. Wtf? Like walking around with a snot-covered arm all day is healthier than sneezing into your hand, which you can then wash?

They actually had posters all around my school showing people how to do this. :huh:

Did someone mentioning azz smacking earlier? Then my name a little later? I sure hope so, cos someone as funky as me hits that shit right, and often.

Remember:

Funkito Ergo Sum

Motherfuckers.

I'll be going home this weekend to see Obama and Clinton Saturday night.

I was supposed to have some friends stay with me this weekend, but my parents can't be around people who could possibly be carrying the flu, since they'll be visiting my nephew next week (they started my sister on the drip at 11:30 this morning, so I could get the call at any minute!)

VintagePunk said:

I don't know if you Americans did this, but a couple of years ago, there was this widespread effort promoting that people should sneeze into the crook of their arm/elbow, instead of into their hands. Wtf? Like walking around with a snot-covered arm all day is healthier than sneezing into your hand, which you can then wash?

They actually had posters all around my school showing people how to do this. :huh:

They taught us to sneeze on poor people on the hopes that they would get sick, die, and then alleviate some of the surplus population - hence lower taxes. It's a win/win, really.

UberBeaver said:

They taught us to sneeze on poor people on the hopes that they would get sick, die, and then alleviate some of the surplus population - hence lower taxes. It's a win/win, really.

I would imagine that this is why the crime rates in NYC have so rapidly declined over the years, too. :up:

VintagePunk said:

I don't remember the promotion of this, but I've always sneezed into my elbow.

U2democrat said:
I'll be going home this weekend to see Obama and Clinton Saturday night.

I was supposed to have some friends stay with me this weekend, but my parents can't be around people who could possibly be carrying the flu, since they'll be visiting my nephew next week (they started my sister on the drip at 11:30 this morning, so I could get the call at any minute!)

awww wow that was almost 4 hours ago! woooooo!

are you going to the JJ dinner? can you sneak me in?

UberBeaver said:
It's like 60 degrees here today. It's insane. Fucking Al Gore killing the polar bears and shit. Crazy.

It's almost 70 here today. Greatest thing ever. I didn't have to warm up the car before leaving for school or anything. There was dew on my windsheild. Fucking dew.

Al Gore :hi5:

phillyfan26 said:

It's almost 70 here today. Greatest thing ever. I didn't have to warm up the car before leaving for school or anything. There was dew on my windsheild. Fucking dew.

Al Gore :hi5:

Fuck you and Douche Bag as well.

U2democrat said:
With my niece it was about 10 hours I think...? But there was an infection and a week after she was born both she and my sister were back in the hospital and we weren't sure that either would make it through. They did and they're both very healthy, but it was quite a scare.

I almost died after my birth too. I was born with a mixture of fluid in my lungs, and was in intensive care for seven days before they finally stablized me.

phillyfan26 said:

I almost died after my birth too. I was born with a mixture of fluid in my lungs, and was in intensive care for seven days before they finally stablized me.

Glad you made it through :up:

The good thing is my sister is in better health now than 4 years ago when she had my niece :up:

VintagePunk said:
Guess I'm alone in not seeing the wisdom of elbow sneezing. Sigh.

Well, most of my sneezes aren't snotty, I usually hold that in till I have tissues. Also, I don't touch anyone with my inner elbow; I touch people with my hands. Yes, you can wash them, but it might be a while, especially in school, where there are many teachers who don't let you out to use the bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom