The Temple Bar - Smokin' Hot and Doozerlicious!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't excited about baseball until the Red Sox make the playoffs, and even then I'm kinda meh about the whole sport. Same with football and basketball. Just meh. Though I want BK to get a team, that would be cool. I hope they're called the Booklyn Nets.

UberBeaver said:
I don't excited about baseball until the Red Sox make the playoffs, and even then I'm kinda meh about the whole sport. Same with football and basketball. Just meh. Though I want BK to get a team, that would be cool. I hope they're called the Booklyn Nets.

You're pretty much on record as just liking Hockey, Beav, and soccer, I think. I know this. Hence my disclaimer that most of you would not relate. But, for me, baseball is my favorite sport, with NFL slightly behind it. It's in my blood, for lack of a better term.

No spoken words said:

You're pretty much on record as just liking Hockey, Beav, and soccer, I think. I know this. Hence my disclaimer that most of you would not relate. But, for me, baseball is my favorite sport, with NFL slightly behind it. It's in my blood, for lack of a better term.

Baseball is the 'only' sport...:yes: Sorry I'm majorleague...er majorly biased..:up:

No spoken words said:

I'm a big fan of foosball. If there's a table on 3.17 I'll play.

I like lacrosse as well, at least I used to. Haven't watched it in years.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I went to a baseball game once. :tongue:

It was reeeeeeeally hot but the beers were ice cold. :drool:

Ice cold beer at a baseball game is wonderful! :drool: I haven't been to a game in eons. Maybe I should look into catching a game in Seattle sometime this summer.

I'll drink beer at hockey games too, but it's a bit different, as it's always so cold in the arena. Our seats are usually quite close to the ice, and it seems to be much more cold there than when you're further away.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I went to a baseball game once. :tongue:

It was reeeeeeeally hot but the beers were ice cold. :drool:

I went to the old Tiger Stadium once. It was like heaven. :drool: They sold frozen daquiris :drool: the Little Caesar's pizza was actually GOOD :drool: and the feeling of history in there was awe-inspiring. :drool: :drool:

That was a good weekend, all around. :shifty: :combust:

VintagePunk said:

I went to the old Tiger Stadium once. It was like heaven. :drool: They sold frozen daquiris :drool: the Little Caesar's pizza was actually GOOD :drool: and the feeling of history in there was awe-inspiring. :drool: :drool:

That was a good weekend, all around. :shifty: :combust:

My Dad and I took a little baseball trip 3 summers ago...St. Louis to Chicago to Milwaukee back to Chicago then Pittsburgh. When we got to Wrigley, he could not stop smiling and did not want to leave. He's a pretty happy go lucky man, my Dad, but I'd never seen him quite like this....literally like a little kid. It was great.

No spoken words said:

My Dad and I took a little baseball trip 3 summers ago...St. Louis to Chicago to Milwaukee back to Chicago then Pittsburgh. When we got to Wrigley, he could not stop smiling and did not want to leave. He's a pretty happy go lucky man, my Dad, but I'd never seen him quite like this....literally like a little kid. It was great.

I've ALWAYS wanted to do a baseball stadium tour/trip. Alas, I'm sadly lacking that experience. My stadiums only amount to that concrete beast, Skydome, and the old Tiger Stadium. :sigh:

How cool for your dad, and that you got to do it with him! :)

VintagePunk said:

I've ALWAYS wanted to do a baseball stadium tour/trip. Alas, I'm sadly lacking that experience. My stadiums only amount to that concrete beast, Skydome, and the old Tiger Stadium. :sigh:

How cool for your dad, and that you got to do it with him! :)

Yeah, we had a blast. He drove down from NY to St. Louis, I flew to St. Louis and we went from there. Spent a few days in Chicago, after the Milwaukee stop, which was a lot of fun. Plus, thanks to my job, we got hooked up with good to amazing seats at each venue. I'm on a mission to see all MLB stadiums, and some minor league ones as well. I've yet to get to Toronto, but I shall.

Crappy, stormy weather + VP who has actually been sitting at the computer working most of the day = cold VP = VP who wants to be warm and snuggly = VP getting under a warm blanket = VP inevitably falling asleep under said blanket :drool:

Off to have a nap. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom