The Temple Bar - Pina Coladas and Pipettes...UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

That's good to know. But more importantly, how do we DEFEAT them, Phil? I'll give you $20 to ask that, dead seriously. And if you can video it on your phone, an extra $5. You accept Paypal?

Ok, so there's this chemical shower in the science lab that if you are getting burned, you go under the shower to wash it off. So far, I have $20 from people to do that...

Beav, weren't you talking about how you were going to title something "THE BEST THING YOU"LL EVER READ" or something like that? Well, the next paper, I've decided that I am going to hand it in and say basically that exact idea. That my paper is simply the best reading anyone will ever read. And I get $5 if I do so from another guy(supposedly)

And now you would give me money to say that and tape it? What peeps fail to take into consideration is I'm crazy...loco...and poor! :wink:

UberBeaver said:

Like in Arrested Development with Michael Bluth sings "Afternoon Delight" with his neice?

What song are you referring to?

God, that's the best scene ever, the way the realization slowly creeps over their faces. :lol:

On a related note, I had downloaded that song and burned it onto a couple of cds years before...my daughter knew the song, but wasn't aware of the lyrical implications till she heard it on my cd.

The Stones' Waiting on a Friend, particularly this verse:

Don't need a whore
I don't need no booze
Don't need a virgin priest
But I need someone I can cry to
I need someone to protect
Making love and breaking hearts
It is a game for youth
But I'm not waiting on a lady
I'm just waiting on a friend

Got Philk? said:

Ok, so there's this chemical shower in the science lab that if you are getting burned, you go under the shower to wash it off. So far, I have $20 from people to do that...

Beav, weren't you talking about how you were going to title something "THE BEST THING YOU"LL EVER READ" or something like that? Well, the next paper, I've decided that I am going to hand it in and say basically that exact idea. That my paper is simply the best reading anyone will ever read. And I get $5 if I do so from another guy(supposedly)

And now you would give me money to say that and tape it? What peeps fail to take into consideration is I'm crazy...loco...and poor! :wink:

That's how those guys in Jackass got started....maybe. I'm serious, by the way.

I have a journal entry that was the "Greatest Journal Entry", maybe you can list that in the bibliography? :hyper: Also, the "Best Thread Ever" is in IO, but I'm still not sold on it, so, that's up to you to quote or not.

VintagePunk said:

Don't need a whore
I don't need no booze
It is a game for youth

:( Wow. Never really paid attention.

I know. :( I think Jagger suffers from marble-mouth at times, so unless you either pay close attention or read it, it's not obvious.

I'm been on a huge Stones kick for months now.

Btw, Almost Hear You Sigh is one of the saddest songs ever. :(

UberBeaver said:

That's how those guys in Jackass got started....maybe. I'm serious, by the way.

I have a journal entry that was the "Greatest Journal Entry", maybe you can list that in the bibliography? :hyper: Also, the "Best Thread Ever" is in IO, but I'm still not sold on it, so, that's up to you to quote or not.

I think I'll have to look at the best thread ever to see if it can truely hold that title...but your Journal entry is in fo sho.

And you're serious eh? :hmm:

VintagePunk said:
I know. :( I think Jagger suffers from marble-mouth at times, so unless you either pay close attention or read it, it's not obvious.

I'm been on a huge Stones kick for months now.

Btw, Almost Hear You Sigh is one of the saddest songs ever. :(

I've been fond of The Worst lately.

Almost Hear You Sigh is definitely a sad song.

And, having cut my teeth on the Stones, I knew they lyrics to Waiting on a Friend. :D

I'm sure my dad was thrilled his daughter was listening to Honky Tonk Women and Brown Sugar at the tender age of 10. :giggle:

VintagePunk said:

God, that's the best scene ever, the way the realization slowly creeps over their faces. :lol:

On a related note, I had downloaded that song and burned it onto a couple of cds years before...my daughter knew the song, but wasn't aware of the lyrical implications till she heard it on my cd.

The Stones' Waiting on a Friend, particularly this verse:

Don't need a whore
I don't need no booze
It is a game for youth

Yeah, it's not like Jagger enunciates really well in that song.

He said...'whore'...:giggle:

Beav...Arrested Development was the greatest series ever...

Oh, I've been listening to the Stones forever, too. My older brother made sure I was well-versed in the music he was brought up with. I remember being like 5 years old, and he was practicing the drum part for Time Is On My Side for one of the bands he was in, and he let me help him by hitting the cymbal. :cute: And when I was 10 and the other kids were listening to whatever pop/top 40 was out in the late 70's, he was buying me Beatles albums. :lol:

Gah. :killintheface: Sometimes people really piss me off. I was supposed to get a document from someone this morning, and I sent her an email asking if she had it finished, and she was all - "ummm, yeah. Didn't do it." WTF?! :frustration:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Yeah, it's not like Jagger enunciates really well in that song.

He said...'whore'...:giggle:

Beav...Arrested Development was the greatest series ever...

Here's what I got out of it for all these years:

Don't need a [mumble]
I don't need no [mumble]
Don't need a [mumble]
It is a game for [you]

VintagePunk said:

Here's what I got out of it for all these years:

Don't need a [mumble]
I don't need no [mumble]
Don't need a [mumble]
It is a game for [you]

:lol: me too!!! However I love that song. Have you been listening to another slower Stone's tune "Fool To Cry"...:hmm:

:drool:

Then go with "Hang Fire" and "Happy"!!! :applaud:

VintagePunk said:
As Tears Go By :drool:

I'm like an emo kid, sitting here listening to sad Stones songs. :rolleyes:

conor_okay.jpg

Back
Top Bottom