The Temple Bar: PF2 to the Mother Flippin' 6 Starts His First TB Thread UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:
I know I should have asked you Beav but you're probably bombarded with U2 questions all the live long day.

You need the boot from Red Rocks - 10/11/94 show? You want it in 5.1 or Dolby Pro Audio? Video as well? They opened with Streets and closed with One then encored with Angel of Harlem. Bono wore a black leather outfit. Larry did not speak, nor did Edge. Adam urinated on a secutiry guard in the middle of Van Diemans land cause he was wasted. I have it in VHS or DVD format. Even got that shit in Betamax cause it's so good. Paul McGuy was in attendance with Ali Hewson. Mid way through the set Bono asked the crowd how many African babies they had fed that day...HOW MANY AFRICAN BABIES HAVE YOU FED....TODAY!...no one answered. He grabbed a woman from the front row, danced with her, then fed her to an African family - alive - which was crazy - and as they were digging in he told her not to let the bastards grind her down - then he laughed and danced like an elf. Then they play Acrobat and the Wide Awake song which I can never remember the name of cause it fucking should be called "Wide Awake". They dedicated the show to Nelson Mandela - which led to a 20 minute diatribe on Apartheid (which had ended by this time, but it was a good speech so no one brought that up) and Rwanda. That answer your question?

UberBeaver said:

You need the boot from Red Rocks - 10/11/94 show? You want it in 5.1 or Dolby Pro Audio? Video as well? They opened with Streets and closed with One then encored with Angel of Harlem. Bono wore a black leather outfit. Larry did not speak, nor did Edge. Adam urinated on a secutiry guard in the middle of Van Diemans land cause he was wasted. I have it in VHS or DVD format. Even got that shit in Betamax cause it's so good. Paul McGuy was in attendance with Ali Hewson. Mid way through the set Bono asked the crowd how many African babies they had fed that day...HOW MANY AFRICAN BABIES HAVE YOU FED....TODAY!...no one answered. He grabbed a woman from the front row, danced with her, then fed her to an African family - alive - which was crazy - and as they were digging in he told her not to let the bastards grind her down - then he laughed and danced like an elf. Then they play Acrobat and the Wide Awake song which I can never remember the name of cause it fucking should be called "Wide Awake". They dedicated the show to Nelson Mandela - which led to a 20 minute diatribe on Apartheid (which had ended by this time, but it was a good speech so no one brought that up) and Rwanda. That answer your question?

To a tee. It actually answered questions I hadn't asked yet, but was planning on asking in the near future. Not only a U2 guru but a mind reader. We'd be lost without you.

Paul McGuy is where I lost it :lmao::tears:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Oh the irony...asking Beav a U2 question...:giggle:
I couldn't have written that a year ago. Just hanging around here leads to some osmosis. Wide Awake = A Sort of Homecoming? Dammit, now I have to look it up. That's wrong. A Sort of Homecoming = No Spoken Words.

Wide Awake = Bad. :D Or is it Alive? Shit. Phale.

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:

I couldn't have written that a year ago. Just hanging around here leads to some osmosis. Wide Awake = A Sort of Homecoming? Dammit, now I have to look it up. That's wrong. A Sort of Homecoming = No Spoken Words.

Wide Awake = Bad. :D Or is it Alive? Shit. Phale.

Osmosis...:lol:

Bad is Bad...:yes:

Isn't that a Huey Lewis song...:hmm:

Not that any of you need this info, but it is Bad and I've just read the lyrics 3 times and I know about as much about this song as I did 5 minutes ago. :scratch: I guess this was his "-ation" period.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Osmosis...:lol:

Bad is Bad...:yes:

Isn't that a Huey Lewis song...:hmm:

I think you're thinking of Hip to Be Square.

UberBeaver said:
Not that any of you need this info, but it is Bad and I've just read the lyrics 3 times and I know about as much about this song as I did 5 minutes ago. :scratch: I guess this was his "-ation" period.

You're not reading them as 'deeply' as we 'true' U2 fans are...go inside yourself...find the meaning Beav...:yes:

:shifty:

UberBeaver said:
I think you're thinking of Hip to Be Square.

Isn't that NSW's theme song...:whistle:

unico said:
i just came back from a massage :love:

I love massages! :drool: I get up to $500 worth of massages a year for free thru work. I have one left, so I'm going to get my last one right before I go on vacation. Cannot wait!

DSCF0589.jpg

:shifty:

unico said:

thora your job is awesome and i wnat to switch careers RIGHT NOW!

The pay isn't that great, since it's a non-profit, but they make up for it by giving us awesome benefits like that. :love:

I've been working here for over 3 years now, but I never knew about the massage benefit until a few months ago. I go to a really posh spa to get mine, so it only gives me about 4 massages, but that's okay, because you totally get pampered. :love:

ThoraSEB said:

The pay isn't that great, since it's a non-profit, but they make up for it by giving us awesome benefits like that. :love:

I've been working here for over 3 years now, but I never knew about the massage benefit until a few months ago. I go to a really posh spa to get mine, so it only gives me about 4 massages, but that's okay, because you totally get pampered. :love:

that's really cool. i like it when groups recognize the importance of health and wellness in the workplace. it shows they really care about their workers.

unico said:

that's really cool. i like it when groups recognize the importance of health and wellness in the workplace. it shows they really care about their workers.

Definitely! They know it's a sacrifice for us to work there, but they really care about making us feel valued, etc. They're always coming up with new things to keep us healthy and well - discounts on gym memberships, extra days off, and so on. It's awesome. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom