The Temple Bar: Non-Doozer Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reg, you're a tech guy, right?

:sad: :sad:

My hd crashed earlier and I had to reinstall windows. I downloaded and installed my e-mail program, Eudora. I always set the mailbox path to a different drive, because of situations like this. Now I can't find my e-mail. :scream: :sad: What do I do??

VintagePunk said:
Reg, you're a tech guy, right?

:sad: :sad:

My hd crashed earlier and I had to reinstall windows. I downloaded and installed my e-mail program, Eudora. I always set the mailbox path to a different drive, because of situations like this. Now I can't find my e-mail. :scream: :sad: What do I do??

Tell me where you pull your email down from? Is it from work, or from Yahoo or some provider like that, then maybe I can help you a little better. :hug:

From the server on my isp...and eudora checks it, and then it's stored wherever I tell it to store it.

I'm POSITIVE it wasn't on c. I thought D, but can't find it on there. I have too many drives and too much shit on here I don't need. :( And there are some really important e-mails that I'm missing. :(

Catch me up people - PM me who you're all wanting to choke so I know if I need to post there too - I only have time to visit a few threads when I visit so I miss all the drama :sad:

Sorry about the computer issues VP and Kat :(

Is it wrong to eat some chips now? I'm really trying so hard on my diet right now but all I can think about is chips :banghead:

VintagePunk said:
From the server on my isp...and eudora checks it, and then it's stored wherever I tell it to store it.

I'm POSITIVE it wasn't on c. I thought D, but can't find it on there. I have too many drives and too much shit on here I don't need. :( And there are some really important e-mails that I'm missing. :(

What kind of file does it create VP? I mean if you pull an email down now, and look in the folder where it is stored it should give you the name of the file and it's suffix...like vpsemail.ml

Then you can search your D: drive for all files ending with .ml.

Just type in *.ml and then click on search. Is that a possibility? :hmm:

snowbunny00774 said:
Sorry about the computer issues VP and Kat :(

Is it wrong to eat some chips now? I'm really trying so hard on my diet right now but all I can think about is chips :banghead:

I'd love to update you Snow, but I was in and out of here all weekend...so even I don't know.

:sigh:

How are you...you home tonight? :hmm:

yeah, I'm doing that now. It's in.mbx

I thought before I'd set it to save to d:

That's what I set it to tonight when I was setting it up again. Is it possible that my setting it to the same path overwrote my old e-mails, deleting them?? :sad:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I'd love to update you Snow, but I was in and out of here all weekend...so even I don't know.

:sigh:

How are you...you home tonight? :hmm:

I still need to know!!

I am actually - I got home before midnight :hyper:

VP, you setting the new email to point to the old folder should not have wiped anything else out. My guess is that somehow you intended to set the old email up on D: and you didn't quite set it to D: like you thought...search for .mbx and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck...

Snow got home before midnight!!!! :hyper:

:eyebrow:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:hug:

Great!!! I know it sucks to lose files you were trying to protect.

:up:

:happy: Thanks for your suggestions! :hug:

Thora, thanks. :hug: I have a lot of school-related e-mails I need, as well as having an unhealthy attachment to personal e-mails. :reject:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

You have a son or do(es) your daughter(s) play?

My son is so happy to be playing with kids who can actually catch the ball and know which bases to run to! :lol:

Actually both are playing right now; she is 7, he is 5. :heart:

They got their uniforms today :cute:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Can you repoint Eudora to the old file and suck it in? I've never worked with it before, so I'm not sure. :shrug:

I'm looking now, and I don't think so. :madwife: On old versions you could, but I don't see how....it just asks you when you set it up. Does this mean I need to delete it and start again?

Hi RR :wave:

Back
Top Bottom