The Temple Bar - FINE! I'll make the damn thread - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG You have no idea! It's only the second football game I've ever watched in my life (first being in '07 when the Riders won the Cup) and I can honestly say it was one of the top 3 endings I've ever seen in any sporting event in my life.

Saskatchewan won but then some braincramp made them lose. That doesn't make sense but that's pretty much what happened :lol:

I'm a bit teary-eyed :sad:

OMG You have no idea! It's only the second football game I've ever watched in my life (first being in '07 when the Riders won the Cup) and I can honestly say it was one of the top 3 endings I've ever seen in any sporting event in my life.

Saskatchewan won but then some braincramp made them lose. That doesn't make sense but that's pretty much what happened :lol:

Wow! Sounds exciting. I saw some pissed off/happy people reacting on Twitter, but didn't know who won.

Sorry for your loss :hug:

In Canadian football, there are 12 players aside, but on that missed field goal, Saskatchewan had 13 players, hence why the kick had to be replayed, and five yards closer because of the too many men penalty.

Wow! Sounds exciting. I saw some pissed off/happy people reacting on Twitter, but didn't know who won.

Sorry for your loss :hug:

Yeah, my heart goes out to Rider fans everywhere. If it had happened to Montreal, I'd be beside myself right now.

Heads are going to roll tomorrow. I feel terrible for all the die-hard fans - at least Montreal as a city has so much more going for it; Saskatchewan - not so much...:sad:

Let me guess, The Alouettes are the Grey Cup Champs :hmm:

Yeah, barely and undeservedly (although they did mount an unbelievable comeback towards the end)

In Canadian football, there are 12 players aside, but on that missed field goal, Saskatchewan had 13 players, hence why the kick had to be replayed, and five yards closer because of the too many men penalty.

Yeah, I caught that. I jumped up and screamed after Montreal missed their kick but couldn't believe Saskatchewan's stupid, stupid error.
TOO MANY MEN!!!!!

From what I hear, we have 3 downs, you have 4 downs.

Others are probably more versed in this matter than me and could expound on this.

I'm still so sad - Saskatchewan lost on a technicality :sad:

Canadian football has a lot of non-sensical rules that I hate, but overall it is an exciting brand of football, although nothing at all like the NFL.

A quick rundown of rules off the top of my head:

-Field is 110 yards long, and end zones are 20 yards
-Goal posts are on the goal line instead of the back of the end zone
-12 players aside play
-there are 3 downs instead of 4, which leads to a more pass-first mentality
-on punts and kickoffs, the kicking team has to give the returner at least 5 yards, or else it's a "no yards" penalty
-if a field goal is missed, the kicking team still gets a point if the defense does not get the ball out of the end zone
- a point is awarded on a punt for the very same reason. If the returner does not get the ball out of the end zone, or the ball sails out the back of the end zone, then the kicking team gets a point

Canadian football has a lot of non-sensical rules that I hate, but overall it is an exciting brand of football, although nothing at all like the NFL.

It is exciting, isn't it? I can't get into baseball or basketball but this, I could get into :yes:

As for NFL, lots of Canadians love it but I'd find it hard to get into because I wouldn't really identify with any of the teams.

And thanks for not rubbing in the win too much :hug:

whoa, that does make for quite a different game! so i'm guessing Bryan Randall was kicked off the 'Peg team? Awhile ago on facebook he was talking about moving back to VA. If so, that's too bad. He was a great QB at VT. It's a shame his pro career didn't take off.

Let me know how it is! It's not gourmet cooking but it satisfies a chocolate craving in a hurry. Hope you added chocolate chips - so much better with them! :)

It was pretty good. Very rich, though. I like chocolate, but I'm not a big sweets eater. I'm glad I added the chocolate chips - I probably wouldn't have liked it without them.

A quick rundown of rules off the top of my head:

-Field is 110 yards long, and end zones are 20 yards
-Goal posts are on the goal line instead of the back of the end zone
-12 players aside play
-there are 3 downs instead of 4, which leads to a more pass-first mentality
-on punts and kickoffs, the kicking team has to give the returner at least 5 yards, or else it's a "no yards" penalty
-if a field goal is missed, the kicking team still gets a point if the defense does not get the ball out of the end zone
- a point is awarded on a punt for the very same reason. If the returner does not get the ball out of the end zone, or the ball sails out the back of the end zone, then the kicking team gets a point

Don't forget there's none of that sissy "fair catch" thing in Cdn football *G* (That being said, I watch both :))

Julie, I want to apologize - it appears my sports jinx this year applies to any team I'm cheering for... I tuned in to check the score on the Grey Cup when it was 27-11 and 9 mins left to go in the game... Three plays later Montreal got a touchdown and I turned the game off to avoid them scoring any more, but apparently just the fact that I tuned in fucked the game up :lol: (The Leafs have only won this year when I haven't been listening/watching the game, and I guess it's spread out :wink:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom