The Temple Bar - Bringin' Fun & Sexytime Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:
I'm going shortly.

Congrats to Maddy!!! Good luck on Friday!

Eddie Murphy was good. Again, was not blown away, he pretty much did his James Brown impersonation for most of his camera time, but he was entertaining and mostly effective.

Thanks!

So should Eddie win the Academy Award? Did you see any of the other performances in that category?

Did someone say cookies? :hyper:

redkat said:

do you need any girl scout cookies? :shifty:

:lol: Nooooo.... Maddy usta be a GS, but stopped a couple of years ago (bitchy mother, and boring). She has friends selling, so if we buy, we'll do it thru them. Thin Mints :drool:

Kat - glad you liked that performance, too. It was a stunner.

Lila, I'm not really good at saying who should win things like Academy Awards. It's hard for me to single out one performance over others. The only performance I saw this year that I know for sure deserves the Oscar was Helen Mirren's. Besides that, to me, it's just hard to choose.

Cookies are unstoppable.

Ok, I'm leaving my office now. Gonna get some.....surprise!....Chinese food and head home and eat it and watch a DVD and likely will be on later tonight.

Bye all......

redkat said:
so cute beav :cute: she's really beautiful

nsw
that one performance was all that I thought was worth seeing in that movie. It was good :up: You can google and find Jennifer Holliday performing it and WOW! The only reason I went to the movie was to see that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq4uc9b2s1o

Holy shit. Goosebumps here. Damn.

Ok, people, since I'm seeing Rent in a couple of weeks expect me to get all obsessed with that shit. :drool:

If I lived in NY I'd probably go see a play every month, I swear. I watched an entire PBS special once on the history of Broadway. :nerd:

I might dig up my Wicked soundtrack tonight. Might get me in the mood to research witches. :shifty:

ok... so we're in this post-season tournament at this high school on the upper west side of manhattan (i'm coaching basketball if you didn't already know)... we show up for the second round game today and one of the consolation games is taking place... it's the end of the 1st quarter and we go and sit in the stands seeing as the team doesn't go down to get dressed until the 4th quarter of the previous game.

anyhooo, we're sitting there and there's this annoying shreeking lady sitting about 10-15 feet down the bleechers yelling "DEEEEE-FENSE!!!" every damn time the team she was rooting for was on, well, defense. the first time i remarked to one of the other coaches on how annoying that lady was and how i'd shoot myself if i have to listen to it the entire game. the next time, i had to turn and find out who the shreeking annoying lady was who was making me want to shoot myself... and it was susan sarandon. yes, tim was there too, sitting next to each other. there son played for one of the teams.

U2Girl1978 said:
I really hate our government. I want to play with real money on full tilt but I can't. :angry:

Another win for Canada - you could even play it for real money on your laptop outside in public while you were topless if you liked. :yes:

Fuck - I left my cell phone at work...do I go and get it?:huh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
ok... so we're in this post-season tournament at this high school on the upper west side of manhattan (i'm coaching basketball if you didn't already know)... we show up for the second round game today and one of the consolation games is taking place... it's the end of the 1st quarter and we go and sit in the stands seeing as the team doesn't go down to get dressed until the 4th quarter of the previous game.

anyhooo, we're sitting there and there's this annoying shreeking lady sitting about 10-15 feet down the bleechers yelling "DEEEEE-FENSE!!!" every damn time the team she was rooting for was on, well, defense. the first time i remarked to one of the other coaches on how annoying that lady was and how i'd shoot myself if i have to listen to it the entire game. the next time, i had to turn and find out who the shreeking annoying lady was who was making me want to shoot myself... and it was susan sarandon. yes, tim was there too, sitting next to each other. there son played for one of the teams.

Holy fucking shit. :lol:

How did you guys do? :hyper:

snowbunny00774 said:

Another win for Canada - you could even play it for real money on your laptop outside in public while you were topless if you liked. :yes:

Fuck - I left my cell phone at work...do I go and get it?:huh:

:lol:

I would definitely go and get it. I would completely freak out if I left mine behind.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

I assumed you yelled at her and told her not to be so obnoxious. Right?

That's pretty cool...I hope you invited them on March 17th :)

Back
Top Bottom