The Official Interference Super (it's two words, people) Bowl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pulled for the Pats, but after seeing how they behaved at the end I'm glad they lost.

Moss is no Rice, Rice didn't disappear when it mattered.

Brady is no Montana

And Belichick is just a no-class asshole

This was almost worth seeing Brett Favre choke in royal fashion.

If all the "Best Team Ever" hyperbole is finished, hopefully I can also stop hearing about how Favre is the greatest.

Montana is the greatest, as far as I am concerned.

But you can debate it until you're blue in the face. Wins and losses mean a fuckload more to me than nebulous crap.

U2Girl1978 said:

Right. Because ALL Pats fans act like assholes. Whatever.

Not on this forum, no. But there sure were a ton of them trolling extremeskins and spamming us with their garbage. :down: This is before AND after we got our brains beaten out by them.

toscano said:

Moss is no Rice, Rice didn't disappear when it mattered.

Brady is no Montana

How did Moss disappear? He had the best game he had in the playoffs (not saying much), but he was a factor and scored the go ahead touchdown.

What's your beef with Brady? He was getting lit up all night and had no time to throw. Considering the protection he was getting, he held up pretty well.

What a battle, baby!

I never thought I'd type this:

New York Giants: 2007 Super Bowl Champions

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

The Patriots had a dominating year, but came up a little short.

randhail said:

How did Moss disappear? He had the best game he had in the playoffs (not saying much), but he was a factor and scored the go ahead touchdown.

What's your beef with Brady? He was getting lit up all night and had no time to throw. Considering the protection he was getting, he held up pretty well.

Moss had a very quiet game by Rice's standards in Superbowls/Playoffs. Moss has typically disappeared in playoffs, and he almost in this one too. Since he is compared to Rice constantly that's the yardstick I'm using.

Similarly Brady/Montana. No beef specifically w. Brady, he was pretty classless at the end too. Of course, I don't know how MOntana would have done, he's never actually lost a Superbowl.

I've only joined this thread now.. I dont know who's fan of who... but, I just gotta say, I love the Giants.. and I'm very happy right now.

what an exciting game... defensive battle!

toscano said:

Moss had a very quiet game by Rice's standards in Superbowls/Playoffs. Moss has typically disappeared in playoffs, and he almost in this one too. Since he is compared to Rice constantly that's the yardstick I'm using.

Similarly Brady/Montana. No beef specifically w. Brady, he was pretty classless at the end too. Of course, I don't know how MOntana would have done, he's never actually lost a Superbowl.

Who the fuck cares how anyone stacks up against SF? How is this relevant? What are you even talking about? This is about who won, and who lost, not about how much better then 49'ers were. Jesus.

coolian2 said:

No you didn't. When did i make the suggestion that you didn't know anything, lol. Too funny. I'm almost disappointed you played a card, in this case the gender card which is usually a sign of having no more arguement.

Especially because i didn't have a response. So instead of me being the one who looks silly....

Anyway, my view of a lot of sportsmanship things are different from Americans, such as i can't bear all the carrying on from players after they sack someone or make a big tackle but have no trouble with running up the score on a shit opponent (if you aren't good enough to match up it's your own fault) and i wasn't too happy to see Belichick leaving before the game was over. My problem was with the gloaty way you brought it up, making it look as though only Belichick was carrying on like the game was over.

Oh, I've got plenty more opinions/or argument - I've just found when discussing sports, men very often won't even consider my view, so I'm usually willing to leave the conversation with that bon mot. Sports aren't life or death to me, so I can walk away from the discussion and feel no less a person. (Not insinuating that you couldn't.)

As for only mentioning Belichick, I pointed out the coach because he's supposed to be the head of the team & I believed his behavior to be in poor taste. See? That's opinion - might be unpopular, might be unfounded, but it's what I think and I'm entitled to it.

As for the intitial presentation of my opinion, you're absolutely right- it was 'gloaty'. Like I said before, I love to see an underdog win. I could have found a less abrasive way of making my point, but I didn't and I'm willing to take the heat for that.

Finally, please don't think that, as an American, I enjoy watching the displays from players after a big sack or an impressive tackle. I wish the NFL would be more do more to cut that crap out - not just the 'excessive displays' in the end zone after a touch down.

Like I said before, I don't hate the Patriots. I'm just glad they lost the Super Bowl and I think their head coach made a terribly low-class move. I'm not telling anyone else that's how they have to think so where's the problem?

Last edited:
pepokiss said:
which one do you prefer?

51PBEqYnFyL._SS500_.jpg

or

51pbeqynfylcopiaxh5.jpg

??

:lmao:

phanan said:
I'll be able to contribute a meaningful post once the shock wears off.

Before I go off on my "Fuck you Patriots" tirade, I want to make sure everyone knows that (much like LemonMelon has stated), we have some fairly classy Pats fans here!

Hewson, Phanan and Speedracer. :hug:

Man that was awesome

I'm so proud of Eli

That one play where he was surely going down, but he somehow escaped and threw a long pass? Amazing.

A lot of people were saying the game would be a blowout, but I knew the Giants would hold their own. I'm thrilled that they won though. Great, great game

Congratulations New York Giants and MVP Eli Manning!!! :D

AtomicBono said:
Man that was awesome

I'm so proud of Eli

That one play where he was surely going down, but he somehow escaped and threw a long pass? Amazing.

A lot of people were saying the game would be a blowout, but I knew the Giants would hold their own. I'm thrilled that they won though. Great, great game

Congratulations New York Giants and MVP Eli Manning!!! :D

Ugggnnnhhh!

Back
Top Bottom