The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ A prerequisite, no? :wink:

:shifty:

So....Nick Maxwell......is he going to be outted?....I think that he forgot that the AFL is Division 1 Netball, and you're not allowed to make contact.....but hey thats just me.

I saw the bump, and that's crap. There was no elbow, no nothing. Fucking bullshit. Setanta, on the other hand, can play round one :happy:

Well, well, well. I never thought much of that Maxwell bump, but for him to miss more weeks than aggro-ole' Setanta? Just silly. :lol:

:sigh:

Looks like Kennelly wants to return to play Gaelic again I think.

Eh, still plenty of Irishmen in the AFL. :D

I sort of missed the weekend, since I forgot about our game and found out we were crushed. Anyway, all that matters to me is the real stuff.

Although I'm kind of shattered to hear that Tadgh's retired...

Well that's right. I sort of wish in some ways there was no pre-season comp, or at least just non-televised scratch matches, because it's anticlimatic.

I think he was just after greener pastures..

I don't really care much about the NAB cup, even if my team loses I wouldn't really mind. I'd just say meh. :wink:

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

me: WCE
Danny: catters
Vlad: croweaters
Inte: swans bloods
Jen: collingscum
Ax: tiggers
Anna: paul roos' head

Anyone else?

Spot on...:up:

NAB Cup:doh:....the most stale and cringeworthy thing on the Australian sporting calendar.

I'm still on a high after last night. Melbourne 4, Pissant Town 0!

The only real incentive for winning it is so that you don't have to go and play on crappy country grounds and risk injury.

Exactly, they should at least introduce some sort of prize for the winner, like $2 million dollars, maybe? Make winning it worthwhile.

Spot on...:up:

NAB Cup:doh:....the most stale and cringeworthy thing on the Australian sporting calendar.

I'm still on a high after last night. Melbourne 4, Pissant Town 0!

I'll teach you Pissant Town! :madwife:

We've suffered enough from Vidmar.

Well, you are knee-deep in mud :wink:

The AFL are dickheads. They want the A-League to change their grand final so they can stage a fucking Nab Cup game at Telstra Dome.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

me: WCE
Danny: catters
Vlad: croweaters
Inte: swans bloods
Jen: collingscum
Ax: tiggers
Anna: paul roos' head

Anyone else?

I support the purple ones :D Not that they will ever do much but, you know, when they live nearby and train just down the road and well there isn't much choice over here. Don't get me started on those Beagles over at Subi....:angry:

I support the purple ones :D Not that they will ever do much but, you know, when they live nearby and train just down the road and well there isn't much choice over here. Don't get me started on those Beagles over at Subi....:angry:

Oh dear. Heave ho... :wink:

Welcome. Stay here for the year!!

There was a sad article on Aaron Fiora today, by your favourite writer, inte, Mike Sheahan. He still cops shit for being the player the Tigers took instead of Pavlich.

That bastard! :madwife:

Umpires were being angels to him as usual, but we still played crap nonetheless. :wink:

another year, danny! :applaud:

we got a comp this year? and maybe more than 3 of us? lol. i will probably forget to tip. i'm going to be busy with uni, methinks. sigh.

Good to see Swannies throw the game today as per usual. Well done Roosy.

Winless in eight consecutive pre-season comps, but who cares, I certainly don't, but always hard to be on the end of a 11 goal loss.

another year, danny! :applaud:

we got a comp this year? and maybe more than 3 of us? lol. i will probably forget to tip. i'm going to be busy with uni, methinks. sigh.

hey anna! :hyper:

i reckon we should keep it in thread, it'll get more people into it.

i start uni in six days actually :ohmy:

Gah, why can't they just finish this bullshit and get to the bloody point...

You called us the "Beagles". :cute:

:lol: it's looking that way!

For those who didn't know, Saturday night Gee vs Adel there was a chick commentating, Kelli Underwood I think her name was. A few have said she was very good, defending her and what not.

Personally, and this isn't sexist in my eyes, she was terrible. Her voice was irritating, the call was boring and her delivery banal. It's a man's world, yes, but I do kind of hope it stays that way, at least on the major radio/tv channels. just my :twocents:

Yep, she really doesn't have a commentators voice, and its just plain annoying. I just wished someone would tape her mouth. :wink:

It's a man's world but women seem to make up more of an AFL attendance than men these days. Men often seem more inclined to dominate suburban footy.

If it's a man's world Cobble, what do you think of Kristy Malthouse (Beneficiary of Nepotism) and Tiffany Cherries? And Bev OConnor being on the Melbourne board?

Only heard samples, she sounded alright, but the most poisonous thing in AFL commentary is the overcrowding of commentary boxes with special comments people who add NOTHING. Robert Walls, Jason Dunstall and Dermot Brereton are the only goods ones. Schwarz, Buckley and especially Garry Lyon are pure shite.

Back
Top Bottom