The Octagon Bar: now with artificial moose head and kitchen (with thanks to DaveC)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:

Tara, there's ways around that. Like two of us will just go up and buy a couple pitchers of something and bring it over to the table! Come on girl, I was drinking in bars when I was 15....where there's a will there's a way....:wink:
I was thinking I wouldnt even be able to get IN the bar. I dont really care if I get to drink. I can do that any old time. But meet the octagonians: not very often:D

laura, why dont you just buy a 99 cent love is blindness track from iTunes?
cheaper than getting another whole CD
then again, how can I talk? I own like 5 copies of it

hey guys sorry I keep coming in and out...this tax thing keeps getting busy for awhile then there's down time for awhile....:huh:

Rebekah, I LOVE your location! I agree with you on that one! I have been saying that since yesterday; the bar is our refuge :reject:

well i really need the whole CD, it's so used and stratched. :huh:

SCHOOL'S CANCELLED TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a round of drinks on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura, I have a spare original UK edition issue that I have recently replaced. The book is a bit tatty and the disk scuffed but it doesn't skip, plays perfectly. I could post it out to you.

sallycinnamon78 said:
*peers gingerly round the corner*
I haven't been in here before. What's going on?
everybody freaked out last night about the tour....
today theyre doing a little better:wink:
me and tim have been cuddling
pax and ewen have been cuddling
laura has been talking about penises
and rebekah has been hiding out in here from all the crazy people elsewhere....
angel of la is bummed that she isnt going to go to the octagon gathering in philly
and dave c apparently found a way to get to a show:yes:
am I missing anything?

starsgoblue said:
:sad: to Angel :sad:

BTW, am I the only one who now constantly thinking of Elmo when I hear Vertigo?! :crazy:

:hug: Thanks hon!

No you're not Rebekah!!! I do too.

The funny thing is I am a huge fan of Elmo and I can't get enough of "Vertigo" so for me it's like a dream come true if that makes any sense!

Now, if only there was a video of Cookie Monster dancing to Discotheque, that would rock!

:dance:

sallycinnamon78 said:

it's my partner in crime on the "different kind of band name game" thread!

grab a cushion, make yourself comfy and have a drink.

nobody ever gets out of the Octagon!

sallycinnamon78 said:

Sally!! You found the bar! :hug:

Here have a drink, on the house!
1g0vh0

angel_of_L.A. said:

:hug: Thanks hon!

No you're not Rebekah!!! I do too.

The funny thing is I am a huge fan of Elmo and I can't get enough of "Vertigo" so for me it's like a dream come true if that makes any sense!

Now, if only there was a video of Cookie Monster dancing to Discotheque, that would rock!

:dance:

cookie monster? now we're talking!

the cookie monster kicks Elmo's ass!

So, as a relative newbie in the bar, though now I can't really remember when I first came in or why, can I ask for the story of how and when it started?

Moves closer and sits down hoping someone will fill me in....

And how did everyone else end up here?

lauren430 said:
So, as a relative newbie in the bar, though now I can't really remember when I first came in or why, can I ask for the story of how and when it started?

a long time ago Tim (starsforu2) posted wondering about people who had gotten together because of u2, interference, or something else related to u2. Then it became sort of a singles thing....dunno how.....anyway. So after that thread became too big the people in it still wanted to talk. So then the bar was created in here for everybody to talk in!

Welcome Sally! The Octagon is like the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.... :)

ewen said:

cookie monster? now we're talking!

the cookie monster kicks Elmo's ass!

I :heart: them both!!!

But C is for cookie, the cutest word in the English language, the tastiest treat ever made, and that is good enough for me! :wink:

lauren430 said:

:laugh: It all started as singles thread...I think Tim had one called "I need a girlfriend" or something...:lol: That worked out pretty well for him. (winks coyly at Tara) And then we realized we were all the funnest people at Interference and somehow we ended up talking bout the real Octagon...and it become a virtual bar for us....

Long story short. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom