The Octagon Bar: New Beginnings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*walks in, realizes all the political stickers i have on...leaves them at the door*

just got back from williamsburg, had a great rally with gov. warner, tim kaine, and other candidates. i'll be posting photos in FYM. my dad did the opening prayer at the rally, so he got to be on stage with all of them :applaud:

I regret never getting a graduation present, although first round entry to my first preference course more than made up for that.

Oh and now I have the house to myself; with a martini at midday - proper of course, bombay sapphire and dry vermouth.

Plotting and planning for a post-exam party with a few friends, figuring out drinks and meal; I am thinking Indian ~ I can make a decent Lamb Rogan Josh and my spiced rice (ground cardamon, cloves and cinnamon stick) would probably go down quite well.

A case of Coopers Pale Ale should go down very well with it. Combined with a selection of fine spirits and mixers.

Last edited:
Yes it comes from Victor Davis Hanson; he is a professor of classics, writes detailed and interesting articles on modern war and geopolitics, supports the Bush doctrine and I just recently found out is a democrat. Very much the internationalist sort; thinking along the lines of Truman or Kennedy (the American University speech is a personal favourite of mine).

There may be hope for the party yet; provided they can move away from the Barbara Boxer levels of :crazy:

Last edited:
For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breath the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal. - John. F. Kennedy

:up: :up: :up:

One must balance his public speeches with the compromises and mistakes made by his administrationl Cuba and Vietnam being two big ones, but still awesome.

And here lies the dilemma, the Soviet's were sane, they could act logically, they had the concept of self preservation and protecting their citizens. What can one do when your opponent does not cherish their childrens future? when they will willingly send their children off to murder in explosive suicide? I fear that ideology can never be reconciled with peacefull coexistence, it must be wiped out and the only way to do that is freedom (both politics and market) and liberty; it is like the ultimate killer of totallitarianism. That cannot be enforced upon people.

Last edited:
So in goes five parts Chopin vodka, one part Noilly Prat dry vermouth; put with ice cubes and shake 8 times; strain into martini glass and put olive for garnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom