Springsteen, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it. I got the 12-track version, and I sincerely enjoyed to loved 10 of the tracks.

martha said:

I like it very much. It's like the Rising, but better.

I loved The Rising, so that's good news! It just won't get much play in my house right now but I'll pick it up today while it's still on sale.

Plus I like the cover picture. He just keeps looking better and better. :drool:

joyfulgirl said:
Ok. I can't read 32 pages (my page numbers are always different from everyone else's for some reason). I'm burned out from the Radiohead thread and can only indulge one obsession at a time. Plus I've been busy with work. I'm such a loser I only just tonight realized that Magic is out (as in, when I saw it in Borders) and I haven't bought it yet and I don't know anything about it. So, just tell me will I love it? Does everyone love it?

From someone who also has been in that Radiohead thread a lot lately, I can say that Magic is another one of my favorite albums this year, and actually is great to listen to when taking a break from Radiohead...

martha said:

:shifty: See if you can find some footage from the 60 Minutes interview. :drool: for so many reasons.

There was a 60 Minutes interview? :scream:

I need to pay more attention.

phanan said:

From someone who also has been in that Radiohead thread a lot lately, I can say that Magic is another one of my favorite albums this year, and actually is great to listen to when taking a break from Radiohead...

Well alright then. :up:

I do like In Rainbows better, but Magic is still one of my top albums of the year. Devil's Arcade, Girls In Their Summer Clothes, Last To Die, Radio Nowhere -- there are some fantastic tracks on this record.

joyfulgirl said:
Ok. I can't read 32 pages (my page numbers are always different from everyone else's for some reason). I'm burned out from the Radiohead thread and can only indulge one obsession at a time. Plus I've been busy with work. I'm such a loser I only just tonight realized that Magic is out (as in, when I saw it in Borders) and I haven't bought it yet and I don't know anything about it. So, just tell me will I love it? Does everyone love it?

It's the first Springsteen thing I've bought in 12 years, and I purchased it off of 'Radio Nowhere' alone. (I actually wrote 'Radiohead Nowhere' by accident the first time and had to edit......maybe LMPA is right!) :wink:

I think it's a solid album, it's good to hear him writing enjoyable pop tunes again. No one really sounds like Springsteen with E-Street.

u2popmofo said:

It's the first Springsteen thing I've bought in 12 years, and I purchased it off of 'Radio Nowhere' alone. (I actually wrote 'Radiohead Nowhere' by accident the first time and had to edit......maybe LMPA is right!) :wink:

I think it's a solid album, it's good to hear him writing enjoyable pop tunes again. No one really sounds like Springsteen with E-Street.
:up:

And of course I'm right. :wink:

Nightsong said:

6. Reason to Believe Blues
7. Adam Raised a Cain
8. She's the One
9. Living in the Future

This must be quite a rocking moment! :drool: If they record a DVD I hope this gets in it. I wouldn't mind if they changed She's The One for something else though (for the DVD that is) since we already have a great live version of it on the Barcelona DVD.

Glad to see You Own Worlst Enemy there. It's one of my favorites from Magic. :up:

They haven't played Something In The Night again. Too bad. :(

elevation2u said:
so Neil Young has a concert the same day as Bruce's 2nd LA show - Oct 30
but nothing the day before, ..
how awesome would it be if he joined Bruce for a song on Oct 29

wishful thinking :hyper:

That would be incredible! :drool: I bought "Magic" the other day, and can't wait for Neil's new one next week. It's so inspiring to see both Bruce and Neil going strong and creating new stuff...and great stuff, at that. Gypsy Biker is spine-tingling--I actually got a little emotional listening to it while hiking today.

This might be the best rock & roll album ever made by a 58-year-old. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Has anyone here had luck with waiting until the day of the show and grabbing tickets at the box office?

I can't decide if Last to Die, Girls in Their Summer Clothes or Living in the Future is my favorite song from Magic. I just realized today that LITF sounds exactly like a lost track from The River.

Oh, heck, deciding is overrated. :wink:

joyfulgirl said:
So, just tell me will I love it? Does everyone love it?

it doesn't have quite the highs of "the rising," but it doesn't have the filler and lows either.

i've been listening to it nonstop since i got it, and i'm very pleased -- easily a top tier Bruce album, with some strikingly beautiful songs ("girls in their summer clothes" and "your own worst enemy") along with his catchiest song since Born in the USA ("living in the future"). there's really not a bad song on it, and i'd even argue that the first single "radio nowhere" is my least favorite song on the album (way too 867-5309).

it sounds like what would have happened had Bruce not quit the E Street Band.

Wow!

October 14, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Scotiabank Place

Radio Nowhere
The Ties That Bind
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Adam Raised A Cain
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Tougher Than The Rest
Backstreets Tour Premier
Darlington County
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
State Trooper (with Arcade Fire)
Keep The Car Running (with Arcade Fire)
Born To Run (with Arcade Fire)
Dancing In The Dark
American Land

bono_man2002 said:
Wow!

October 14, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Scotiabank Place

Radio Nowhere
The Ties That Bind
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Adam Raised A Cain
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Tougher Than The Rest
Backstreets Tour Premier
Darlington County
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
State Trooper (with Arcade Fire)
Keep The Car Running (with Arcade Fire)
Born To Run (with Arcade Fire)
Dancing In The Dark
American Land

WHOLLY SHITE BATMAN!! :ohmy: :shocked: :hyper: There so better be a boot of this show!

Picking up my GAs from the person I bought them from today after work.. I keep getting excited by the day... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom