Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about 5'10"

Now that I think about it, I was in better shape in High School, when I actually played ball consistently and didn't smoke. Now I get winded easily. But the skills are still there.

I'm about 5'10"

Now that I think about it, I was in better shape in High School, when I actually played ball consistently and didn't smoke. Now I get winded easily. But the skills are still there.

Endurance is my specialty, sir. That's right.

You may be four inches taller than me, but you're fucked if you get tapped out early. Only the man with staying power gets the prize.

Anyone?

Or do I need to talk about my basketball prowess instead? Because really, I have none. GAF could beat me with all his arms tied behind his back.

Let's be honest, those arms are in handcuffs.

kcfanattack020920.jpg

OK....I ham not going back through thousands of posts in three thread, but, I am wondering if this has been discussed:

The "M" in "ATM" stands for "MACHINE" - so, when you have a somewhat decent song, why would you ruin it with redundancy? Or is that just a dumb question to ask of Boner?

I noticed this right away and, I have to admit, that it bothered me when I first heard it, and it bothers me now. I don't see the need for the redundancy, and I think it's ridiculous. I cringe when I hear it, in fact.

Then again, I'm a bit anal about these things. :shrug:

He could still beat me if he were handcuffed and in the back of a cop car. He'd still have more game than I ever would.

I noticed this right away and, I have to admit, that it bothered me when I first heard it, and it bothers me now. I don't see the need for the redundancy, and I think it's ridiculous. I cringe when I hear it, in fact.

Then again, I'm a bit anal about these things. :shrug:

I'm anal about this stuff, too, but this is a little over the top in that not only do tons of people refer to them as ATM Machines, but you actually see signs for ATM Machines at certain stores. This, for me, falls into the same category as people that say "RBI's" when talking about baseball.

I'm anal about this stuff, too, but this is a little over the top in that not only do tons of people refer to them as ATM Machines, but you actually see signs for ATM Machines at certain stores. This, for me, falls into the same category as people that say "RBI's" when talking about baseball.

I'm old school and like to drink so I call the "ribbies".

"Tiger's go ahead on another ribby from Gibby!"

plus you probably weren't a raging alcoholic back then.

right?

No, I drank like a fish in high school. But I didn't pick up the goddamn cigarettes until I went to college. They really do hinder my endurance. I can't run full-court basketball like I could in high school. Another sport that I could beat all of you at is tennis. I'm damn good at tennis.

ATM means something else around here.

And I didn't think twice about "ATM machine." Two things: one, that's what practically everyone calls it anyway; two, always remember that song was recorded in one take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom