Randoooooomers hunkering down for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went outside in 5 degree temps to watch for meteors. Saw 6 and it was cool. I should say frigid. Can't get warm again.

I had a dream last night that Jim from The Office and I were having a baby, but Pam was okay with it because they had broken up...or I was Pam and Pam was Karen, something like that. And we had a plastic bag of tropical fish we had to keep alive and away from Kevin. I have no explanation.

It is 30 degrees here today and I am amused by the freaking out I have witnessed about how cold it is...but it's going to be almost 60 on Thursday. I don't think many Atlantans could handle a Midwestern winter, with whole weeks that don't have a double-digit high temp.

Yeah, my sister who moved to Florida is the same way now! :D

I'm going to Virginia to visit my other sister on Thursday and come back on Monday--they don't have it quite as bad as we do here (much less what Shari and Amanda have), but still cool.

Schmeg, I'm connecting through Atlanta on Delta on Monday. I've never been to the Atlanta airport before, but I'm told it's huge. Is it fairly navigable? I supposedly have about three hours between when my flight from Charlottesville arrives and the one to Indy departs, so hopefully that will be enough!

Vikings season....DONE. Super duper heavy duty snow has been here for a month already, almost 2 months earlier than it has been in years. Now there's a mountain of snow everywhere I go. Traffic, even midday, is so awful that it takes an hour to get anywhere. Gonna be a very, very long winter. :sigh: Oh and did I mention that my football team's season is done and over with? No matter what they do the rest of the season it doesn't matter. :shrug: The city of Mpls is scrambling trying to get TCF Bank ready for an outdoor game that won't count for jack crap in the long run. :| :barf:

LMFAO.....Tarvaris might not be able to start on Monday night because of TURF TOE. WTF. Guess we'll have a 3rd string rookie, who is really supposed to be a running back (he played both positions in college), throw for us on Monday if Brett's hand is still numb and purple. :der:

I swear it's one thing after another....:angry: I just made a payment online for a bill. I clicked my mouse ONCE and it did a double payment. :scream: I emailed them but I don't think it's going to get me anywhere. :(

Yeah, my sister who moved to Florida is the same way now! :D

I'm going to Virginia to visit my other sister on Thursday and come back on Monday--they don't have it quite as bad as we do here (much less what Shari and Amanda have), but still cool.

Schmeg, I'm connecting through Atlanta on Delta on Monday. I've never been to the Atlanta airport before, but I'm told it's huge. Is it fairly navigable? I supposedly have about three hours between when my flight from Charlottesville arrives and the one to Indy departs, so hopefully that will be enough!
ATL is a HUGE airport but w/ 3 hours btwn flights I would think you'd be ok. Went thru ATL on the way to Hawaii and survived and we didn't have that long of a time btwn flights. I want to say it was a hour.
Happy traveling :)

LMFAO.....Tarvaris might not be able to start on Monday night because of TURF TOE. WTF. Guess we'll have a 3rd string rookie, who is really supposed to be a running back (he played both positions in college), throw for us on Monday if Brett's hand is still numb and purple. :der:
When it rains............
If Aaron is out w/ a concussion that puts Matt Flynn in........if Matt Flynn doesn't learn how to slide and gets injured that puts WR Jordy Nelson in at QB :crack:

yeah that's what everyone is saying here about his hand.

I can't believe it's that cold in FL. They were showing people wearing earmuffs and winter coats at Disney. :yikes:
Amanda and I would be walking around the park in shorts and t-shirts thinking it was a frakkin' heatwave :)

Amanda and I would be walking around the park in shorts and t-shirts thinking it was a frakkin' heatwave :)

totally. I used to leave the resort in Feb at night in just a t shirt while my coworkers actually had the nerve to put on not only a winter jacket but GLOVES. Are you kidding me?!?! We're in the desert! Sometimes I'd wear a hoodie but it never was cold enough for even a lightweight fleece jacket that I use here in the fall. The only time I would ever say it was "cold" there was in the winters when I worked super early in the mornings. It's cold before the sun comes up but it wasn't quite as bad at night. Certainly not cold enough for gloves. :der:

When it rains............
If Aaron is out w/ a concussion that puts Matt Flynn in........if Matt Flynn doesn't learn how to slide and gets injured that puts WR Jordy Nelson in at QB :crack:

I hate to say it but I don't think it really matters who throws for you on Sunday because you are playing the Pats IN New England....good luck with that. :) Although the Packers do have an advantage with the cold weather vs a team from the south but still....

I'm sooo freaking excited that they are actually cleaning up the Bank to play an outdoor game there in the winter. :love: I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope it snows on Monday night :drool: Even though we are, as the news keeps phrasing it, mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :happy: this outdoor game is a huge deal. It's going to get this city really thinking about an outdoor stadium for the Vikes. I just feel bad for some of the people with tickets because the Dome holds a lot more than the Bank does so I don't think everyone is going to be going to the game that has a ticket. My brother and I were thinking about getting tickets to a rival game over the summer before we just decided to get preseason. There's no way we would have gotten the Packers so he really wanted to get Bears tickets. So this Monday night could have been our game :(

It's huge, and really busy, but very navigable. It's set up like this: +++++ with an underground tram connecting the terminals. Chances are you'll fly into one terminal and out of another, but you'll be fine. If you have 3 hours, the best food is in the E terminal.

totally. I used to leave the resort in Feb at night in just a t shirt while my coworkers actually had the nerve to put on not only a winter jacket but GLOVES. Are you kidding me?!?! We're in the desert! Sometimes I'd wear a hoodie but it never was cold enough for even a lightweight fleece jacket that I use here in the fall. The only time I would ever say it was "cold" there was in the winters when I worked super early in the mornings. It's cold before the sun comes up but it wasn't quite as bad at night. Certainly not cold enough for gloves. :der:

That's like when we went to San Diego and wore shorts and hoodies while the natives all wore scarves and gloves and looked at US funny. :lol: It IS cold here, and it probably feels colder because it's more humid than Indy, but I am still traumatized by the week where the temp didn't get out of the single digits, never mind the negatives. It's going to be almost 60 tomorrow!

I hate to say it but I don't think it really matters who throws for you on Sunday because you are playing the Pats IN New England....good luck with that. :) Although the Packers do have an advantage with the cold weather vs a team from the south but still....

I'm sooo freaking excited that they are actually cleaning up the Bank to play an outdoor game there in the winter. :love: I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope it snows on Monday night :drool: Even though we are, as the news keeps phrasing it, mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :happy: this outdoor game is a huge deal. It's going to get this city really thinking about an outdoor stadium for the Vikes. I just feel bad for some of the people with tickets because the Dome holds a lot more than the Bank does so I don't think everyone is going to be going to the game that has a ticket. My brother and I were thinking about getting tickets to a rival game over the summer before we just decided to get preseason. There's no way we would have gotten the Packers so he really wanted to get Bears tickets. So this Monday night could have been our game :(

Go ahead and say it, I already have :). Aaron won't practice all week. My gut sez it is going to be Matt Flynn. He was interviewed and he sounds excited. Gotta dig the excitement he has.

Thanks for the info re ATL--looks like it's more like 2 hours; hopefully I won't have any problems!

You'll be fine as long as we don't get another little freezing rain storm like we did last night. :crazy: I have never seen a little bit of sleet shut down a whole city, but they're just not equipped to pre-treat and then actually treat roads after people start slipping, sliding, and flipping.

according to the weather forecast for Monday night's kickoff OUTSIDE :drool: :love:.....there's going to be SNOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!! :yippie:

14,000 people with tickets don't get to see the game live. Unless you have season tickets or lower bowl, it's first come basis. Totally sucks for them but I'm sure there's plenty of wimps out there that are returning their tickets so they won't have to sit outside.

Tarvaris is donzo for the year. :der: Way to step it up and try to earn your spot as the leader of our team. I really hope now that Brad Childress is gone they find a real QB since it's clear #4 is done. He "might" play again this year. He's not sure yet. But he's not going to abandon the team even though he doesn't feel like traveling if he's not playing. He'll still be around even though we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :happy:

What else about the Vikings....:hmm:

oh another piece of the roof fell off from the Dome :doh: overnight or maybe it was this morning. No one was on the roof and no one inside was injured.

:der: I swear this is the goofiest season ever....just reminded of this by the news. I guess the whole stadium issue and lost season overshadowed the fact that this weekend is the Vikings 50th anniversary celebration. It's going to be outside! It's definitely one for the record books and unfortunately it's not because we went to the Super Bowl. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that Fran Tarkenton is planning to attend this weekend, even after he went off at the beginning of the season that he long ago moved on from football and had no intentions of coming to MN for any celebrations. He's the QB of my childhood and in my opinion we haven't had many decent QB's since him...30 years ago :| So that sort of crushed me that something like an anniversary celebration would not be something he would want to be a part of. He's the only QB that has taken us to the Super Bowl, and more than once (even though we lost all of them :| ). But he's redeemed himself by attending this weekend.

according to the weather forecast for Monday night's kickoff OUTSIDE :drool: :love:.....there's going to be SNOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!! :yippie:

14,000 people with tickets don't get to see the game live. Unless you have season tickets or lower bowl, it's first come basis. Totally sucks for them but I'm sure there's plenty of wimps out there that are returning their tickets so they won't have to sit outside.

Tarvaris is donzo for the year. :der: Way to step it up and try to earn your spot as the leader of our team. I really hope now that Brad Childress is gone they find a real QB since it's clear #4 is done. He "might" play again this year. He's not sure yet. But he's not going to abandon the team even though he doesn't feel like traveling if he's not playing. He'll still be around even though we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs :happy:

What else about the Vikings....:hmm:

oh another piece of the roof fell off from the Dome :doh: overnight or maybe it was this morning. No one was on the roof and no one inside was injured.
Brett's special :cute::happy:. I SO want Brett have to play outside in MN.
Snow game FTW!!!!!!!!!
Your stadium can stop falling apart any time now.

You'll be fine as long as we don't get another little freezing rain storm like we did last night. :crazy: I have never seen a little bit of sleet shut down a whole city, but they're just not equipped to pre-treat and then actually treat roads after people start slipping, sliding, and flipping.

I was worried about getting out of Lafayette yesterday. The shuttle was half an hour late, and I-65 was awful--we had about 4 inches of snow, and it was still coming down when I left home at 8:45. Flight to Charlotte went fine, but flights to many places out of there were cancelled. Mine to Charlottesville, VA, was delayed; and they even asked for volunteers to take a later flight due to weight restrictions because of the snow! Finally got here, though, to find snow here, too!

Brett's special :cute::happy:. I SO want Brett have to play outside in MN.
Snow game FTW!!!!!!!!!
Your stadium can stop falling apart any time now.

oh no....it can keep falling!!! Please....get rid of that thing. :barf: I think the Vikings game, other than the clusterfuck they are creating by having gen admission tickets and 14,000 less seats, will be a success for those that can get in. The Vikings could easily play at the Bank for a season or two while they tear that pile of crap down and rebuild something shiny and new :drool:

I think Brett will play one more game but just not on Monday if his hand is still the same color as his jersey :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom