Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched MTV when it was music videos but haven't really spent that much time watching it since it changed formats. I watched Real World for a little while years ago.
VH1 is also something I don't watch too much anymore.
I want music, not reality tv. Our cable system has Vh1 classic on the digital + side but not on basic. The payment for basic is waaaaaaay too high itself. I won't pay anymore for digtal.
I am still reeling from the Travel Channel going to the digital side only. Sad to say some day I may just go back to local tv and drop cable. The only thing I would order from them would be internet. The cost goes up anymore and channels get dropped.............who knows :shrug:

Would consider ATT Uverse but I hear awful customer service stories.

my dad, on my way out the door this morning: "I think I might have bumped your car while backing out of the garage earlier today. Let me know if that scratch was there before or not."

ARW: "you think you might have bumped it or you know you bumped it?"

Dead silence as I walk outside to see the entire drivers side door completely smashed in. :happy: I was already running late to meet my friend for lunch and a movie so I just got in my car and drove off. Apparently the way he worded it was meant to be funny or something to lessen the blow of my reaction. I'm mad beyond words over it. My mom really did bump it last year but all she managed to do was get red paint on my black door (back door). This one is not a bump. Hit full speed ahead while backing out. He called me about 20 minutes later to say that he will make sure it's fixed before I want to sell it in a few months. He actually needs to do better than that and make sure it gets fixed within the next few weeks because I'm not happy about driving around like that. I've had it for 9 1/2 years and aside from my mom's red paint incident last year the outside is in perfect condition. I'm so damn mad right now especially because he acted like it wasn't all that serious this morning. What if he wouldn't have come home before I left? :mad:

my dad, on my way out the door this morning: "I think I might have bumped your car while backing out of the garage earlier today. Let me know if that scratch was there before or not."

ARW: "you think you might have bumped it or you know you bumped it?"

Dead silence as I walk outside to see the entire drivers side door completely smashed in. :happy: I was already running late to meet my friend for lunch and a movie so I just got in my car and drove off. Apparently the way he worded it was meant to be funny or something to lessen the blow of my reaction. I'm mad beyond words over it. My mom really did bump it last year but all she managed to do was get red paint on my black door (back door). This one is not a bump. Hit full speed ahead while backing out. He called me about 20 minutes later to say that he will make sure it's fixed before I want to sell it in a few months. He actually needs to do better than that and make sure it gets fixed within the next few weeks because I'm not happy about driving around like that. I've had it for 9 1/2 years and aside from my mom's red paint incident last year the outside is in perfect condition. I'm so damn mad right now especially because he acted like it wasn't all that serious this morning. What if he wouldn't have come home before I left? :mad:

:yikes: Sorry to hear that.

I think I had a missed opportunity with a potential job/part time job/networking situation all because the guy responded to me via email instead of calling me. I didn't see his email until 5 days after he sent it because it went to spam. I emailed him back on Sunday night but no word. I'll call tomorrow but I'm going to be really upset if I missed out on this. It's for a place I've applied to a million times and this is the first time I ever heard back. He said that the job I applied to was still available plus he had other jobs to talk to me about. :sigh: But as of tomorrow that was a week ago. A lot could have happened in the days that I didn't see his message. I want to keep my current job but this would be something more part time or if it's full time I think I could make my current job a part time situation. I'm bored and need money so I think a 2nd job will be good for me for a while at least. It would be working with guest chefs at this place and a lot of them are pastry chefs that I could network with to hopefully make a job move to a larger restaurant or back to a hotel some day instead of working at a small bakery that only makes a handful of things.

:sigh: called today and got voicemail. I left the most ridiculous message where I didn't know how to end it so I probably killed it for myself if I hadn't already by missing the email last week. I'm just completely depressed over this now. This job will lead into bigger and better things for me....if only this guy would contact me. I should have just called on Monday :doh: I don't know what I was thinking. :grumpy:

thanks Kelly. Not a word today. I'm so upset. Obviously I didn't have the job last week with the email, only a potential interview, but now I feel like that's gone. It would have given me a varying schedule at two different locations and no early mornings. The early mornings are just killing me. I like having the afternoons off at times but I just can't take much more of these hours and need to get back to some sort of later schedule that would still give me evenings off. It's days, nights, and weekends but it would be doing something really fun outside of just being in a kitchen for 40 hours a week doing the exact same thing day after day. :barf: I don't think it would be a lot of late nights, just a few times a week.

I need to stop thinking about it. I'm just making myself miserable. :sad: :scream:

going back to the lake to take my mind off of things...I got done with work really early this morning so I picked up lunch and wandered around but not all the way around. It will do me some good to get out of the house.

Vikings tickets went on sale this morning at 10 am. 11 hours later and there's nothing but upper deck closer to the ceiling. :angry: My brother just went on a rant about that and said we're waiting until closer to game day to buy them from stubhub. I'd kill for the Packers game but that's going to be expensive so I think we'll go to see the Cardinals or the Broncos. I got off work so early this morning that I could have gone to the Dome to get tickets in person but my brother doesn't think that would have mattered thanks to all the brokers. They sucked so bad last year that I didn't think tickets on the first day would be as sold out as they are. :tsk:

Vikings tickets went on sale this morning at 10 am. 11 hours later and there's nothing but upper deck closer to the ceiling. :angry: My brother just went on a rant about that and said we're waiting until closer to game day to buy them from stubhub. I'd kill for the Packers game but that's going to be expensive so I think we'll go to see the Cardinals or the Broncos. I got off work so early this morning that I could have gone to the Dome to get tickets in person but my brother doesn't think that would have mattered thanks to all the brokers. They sucked so bad last year that I didn't think tickets on the first day would be as sold out as they are. :tsk:

Sorry about to hear about the *oops spam folder* e-mail. I have now committed myself to checking that spam folder of mine on a regular basis. Your lake photos from yesterday were lovely.

Hope ya get some good, yet non-bank breaking seats for the Vikes. The Pack actualy had seats available for a game...............$270. Um no.

Have only had the energy to click *like* yesterday. Had annoying migraine. The ones that put you in darkness and silence suck, you can't to anything. The ones that you can still somewhat function are just really annoying. When I sat and did nothing, I could deal. Then I felt good enough to do something and migraine came back, so back to sitting :angry:

Mowed the lawn today. Could hear Thunderbirds, but didn't see any :(

Tomorrow is another day. I considered not going to watch the practice, but that passed. My problem is that there is nowhere to really head to early in the morning. Border's was my hangout......they are gone :(. Will wander and see what I can find. We don't even have a McDonald's downtown. Mall opens at 10 and that isn't much of a mall anymore. Early 11 am lunch and then head up to lakefront from 12-3.

Didn't get to air show today. J had a work picnic Friday that she was running so she had to clean up and then catch up on sleep. N's bro and his family came into town today on their vacation so they are having their get together today. Gorgeous day today.
Tomorrow we have plans for 8 am to head down and see it. Weather prediction, storms some could be strong :lol: . Unlike a U2 concert that went on during a storm, air shows tend to shy away from storms. We will see what happens.

At least I got to the practice on Friday, that is always amazing to watch.

Did I mention that I am really not enjoying the run up to the Disney trip? N e-mailed me that she finally paid for it...........then what happens? The S & P downgrades. I almost called and backed out.

Didn't get to air show today. J had a work picnic Friday that she was running so she had to clean up and then catch up on sleep. N's bro and his family came into town today on their vacation so they are having their get together today. Gorgeous day today.
Tomorrow we have plans for 8 am to head down and see it. Weather prediction, storms some could be strong :lol: . Unlike a U2 concert that went on during a storm, air shows tend to shy away from storms. We will see what happens.

At least I got to the practice on Friday, that is always amazing to watch.

I haven't been around the past few days to look but I'm guessing you have pics on your wall? Hope it doesn't storm tomorrow but good that you were able to get to a practice session.

well I was never contacted back from the job I wanted. I'm ok because if I would have been hired it would have been random hours of all days during the week with no set day off. I would have only had mornings off to work a 2nd job, which would be needed for sure because it would have been a cut in pay and hours. The only reason I wanted this job is because it was an assistant coordinator at a local cooking school where I would be working with the chefs (most are guests that own or run a own kitchen) so it would have been a great networking opportunity to get my name out there. But I would for sure have had to quit my current job to do it. They have a lot of Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun classes so I would miss out on football Sundays and also be stuck working every Fri night/Sat afternoon. So I guess maybe it's a good thing this happened but I'm just really ticked off at myself for missing the email. I always check spam daily but I was just too busy last week with my neighbor's party to think about emails. :angry:

did I miss something somewhere... S & P???

AP The Associated Press
S&P's downgrade of U.S. debt will shake the nation's fragile economic psyche, rattle financial markets: News from The Associated Press -RJJ

Afraid of what my 401K is gonna do :crack: J mentioned that the stocks that she has in her plan all took hits.
Retirement? What's reitrement?? No social security by the time I retire, of course if they up the reitirement age, won't be a problem :mad: .
All I have heard from my mother for a day now is, don't spend $, save your money. You don't know if you will have a job.
Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd I am going to Disney :happy:

well I was never contacted back from the job I wanted. I'm ok because if I would have been hired it would have been random hours of all days during the week with no set day off. I would have only had mornings off to work a 2nd job, which would be needed for sure because it would have been a cut in pay and hours. The only reason I wanted this job is because it was an assistant coordinator at a local cooking school where I would be working with the chefs (most are guests that own or run a own kitchen) so it would have been a great networking opportunity to get my name out there. But I would for sure have had to quit my current job to do it. They have a lot of Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun classes so I would miss out on football Sundays and also be stuck working every Fri night/Sat afternoon. So I guess maybe it's a good thing this happened but I'm just really ticked off at myself for missing the email. I always check spam daily but I was just too busy last week with my neighbor's party to think about emails. :angry:

Wow.
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.
I am now paranoidly checking my spam folder every day.

Well, bedtime. Early wake up. Air show!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:
Thanks for the *likes* on the pics. It is always fun to try to get shots of *just* that moment when the planes intersect, fly over each other, come zooming over head.

AP The Associated Press
S&P's downgrade of U.S. debt will shake the nation's fragile economic psyche, rattle financial markets: News from The Associated Press -RJJ

Afraid of what my 401K is gonna do :crack: J mentioned that the stocks that she has in her plan all took hits.
Retirement? What's reitrement?? No social security by the time I retire, of course if they up the reitirement age, won't be a problem :mad: .
All I have heard from my mother for a day now is, don't spend $, save your money. You don't know if you will have a job.

oh yeah....I live in the clouds when it comes to the news. :reject: They did a recap on the morning radio show the other day about what's going on because all of the dj's where just as clueless as I am. After the recap they decided they still didn't know what was going on...which was good because I didn't either :der:

I know my brother did some shifting around of his retirement but other than that I have no idea what all of this is about. I have a 401K from my last office job. I should move it into something that earns more interest...oh and probably add to it...but I've just been too lazy to think about it.

Wow.
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.
I am now paranoidly checking my spam folder every day.

Well, bedtime. Early wake up. Air show!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:
Thanks for the *likes* on the pics. It is always fun to try to get shots of *just* that moment when the planes intersect, fly over each other, come zooming over head.

have fun tomorrow!!!!

oh yeah....I live in the clouds when it comes to the news. :reject: They did a recap on the morning radio show the other day about what's going on because all of the dj's where just as clueless as I am. After the recap they decided they still didn't know what was going on...which was good because I didn't either :der:

I know my brother did some shifting around of his retirement but other than that I have no idea what all of this is about. I have a 401K from my last office job. I should move it into something that earns more interest...oh and probably add to it...but I've just been too lazy to think about it.

Am pretty clueless myself. It's like a foreign language. Just the whole tone from everybody has got me freaked.

have fun tomorrow!!!!
Thanks!
Am in holding mode.
Very heavy rain and storms right now. Kiss goodbye to water show (unless you count the rain as a water show). Gonna try for 10 am. Rain is supposed to move out and become partly cloudy until late this afternoon when more storms develop. Those are supposed to be isolated/scattered.
Have poncho and umbrella packed. Also garbage bags. Gonna stick another one in for the camera and batteries.

So glad I got up at 5:40 :crack:. I did that so the parents could get ready for church and I wouldn't interfere. Dad went to wake mom up and got a short and sweet, we aren't going. I wonder if she is feeling ok? They are going to see my cousin and his wife later before they leave for home again. I had air show plans so I am not going.

Now we aren't going to air show till 10. Day going splendidly so far.

Better to take a vacation this year then, because who knows when the next one will be. That's my attitude :D.

Financially prudent? Probably not, but if I waited around until things "got better" I'd never do anything and wind up strangling people at work :shifty:.

So go and enjoy Disney, and then start saving :hug:

what a waste of a weekend....didn't do anything yesterday. I went to the lake for a walk but instead of going all the way around, we walked over the the art fair that was going on. We got there just as it opened so not a lot of vendors were ready but it was nice to not have a huge crowd. This art fair is so big that it's been expanded to two other places in Mpls to accommodate all of the artists. I really wanted to go to another one later in the day but also didn't want to spend the money right now so I didn't go. I can get this picture off of a their website. So instead of going to another fair or anything else, I slept for 3 hours and then went to bed early last night :happy: I promised myself I would be up and out of the house at 9 this morning.....two hours later I'm still here :happy:

:barf: I ate way too many Andes mint chips just now. I had to make some brownies so I decided to throw in some to make them minty....and really just because I needed something sweet so it gave me a good excuse open the bag :der:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom