Random Music Thread LXXII: National Lampoon's Bogan Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I liked Zonoscope more and wasn't terribly disappointed in it. But there we are.

Zonoscope s the only Cut Copy album I've listened to. I didn't like it all that much. Should give In Ghost Colors a listen I guess.

I never even bothered listening to it because everyone (except for Laz, apparently) seemed to hate it.

I never even bothered listening to it because everyone (except for Laz, apparently) seemed to hate it.

I forgot I even own it. I'm not sure if I've ever even listened to it. I think I bought it with a bunch of other stuff and it got overlooked. Will have to listen to it over my break.

Zonoscope only sounded weak to me because In Ghost Colours is one of my favorite albums ever. Like iYup said, it's got everything.

Hey, I just said I listened to it today. Please note my lack of opinion.

I like it, but it's not as good as the other one.

I'm working through an iPod playlist of albums I needed to give another listen to.

It's pretty long.

I'm on a kick of listening to complete albums, rather than just shuffling my way through life, which is my usual m.o.

That might even be a metaphor for my life.

Channel Orange is going to run away with this year's metacritic poll and probably Pazz and Jop, and I don't really get that. Great album, but it doesn't deserve MBDTF hype because it isn't as innovative as MBDTF.

One thing I really did love about Channel Orange that nobody mentions is that it makes Odd Future sound embarrassing and irrelevant.

Why does an album have to be innovative to deserve universal praise? I always thought being good was enough.

To get ranked #1 everywhere? Yeah, it should be something special, not just good. There are a lot of good albums out there.

Maybe that was my problem with that album. Too "innovative", not good. Then again, I don't think there was a single thing on there I hadn't heard done before, so that doesn't work either.

I think I'm going to remove all the little connector tracks from my iPod on the Frank Ocean album. I really don't care for those at all. Maybe I'll like the album better when I get rid of that stuff from it.

I would cut Sierra Leone and Not Just Money, neither really add anything.

Good Kid, Mad City has the best skits. Where the fuck my dominoes at?

And when I said good, I meant really really good. Are all classic albums innovative? I think not.

I'm working through an iPod playlist of albums I needed to give another listen to.

It's pretty long.

I'm on a kick of listening to complete albums, rather than just shuffling my way through life, which is my usual m.o.

That might even be a metaphor for my life.

Shuffle sucks. Unfortunately, I feel like younger generation doesn't listen to anything else once they hear an album straight through the first time

Channel Orange is going to run away with this year's metacritic poll and probably Pazz and Jop, and I don't really get that. Great album, but it doesn't deserve MBDTF hype because it isn't as innovative as MBDTF.

One thing I really did love about Channel Orange that nobody mentions is that it makes Odd Future sound embarrassing and irrelevant.

Agree with all of this.

Fiona would be a worthier #1 IMO. And I think it's the only one that could beat Channel Orange, tho without the crossover appeal i'ts gonna be tough.

I love doing the ol' iPod shuffle, but it usually only really works within a playlist. I've got too much on the damned thing to just let it run wild; it never lands on anything I'm in the mood for (even if I couldn't have told you what music I was in the mood for if my life depended on it).

Also, the battery doesn't last as long as it used to, and hitting "next" 1,536 times while on shuffle just eats up the battery.

Ryan Dombal just bestowed on a 10 on Voodoo by D'Angelo.

I hope that doesn't stop anyone from listening to it, because it's an incredible album.

I don't know the last time I used an actual shuffle. Like I've done selected shuffles, where I pick 100 songs or so that are sorta in the same genre, put them in a playlist, and hit the shuffle button and I'll listen to those playlists from time to time. But I never use the actual shuffle option on my iPod. Usually, though, it's whole albums for me.

As for Frank Ocean, Pyramids is one of the best songs of the year to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom