Random Music Talk XXXI: Rapture? I Hardly Met Her

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave and I got in a fight over the concert, two days before the concert. Turns out he doesn't want to go with me anymore. Now, don't get me wrong. He still wants to go. Just not with me. After the big deal he made that I couldn't go on my own and possibly run into Scumbo.

Dave and I got in a fight over the concert, two days before the concert. Turns out he doesn't want to go with me anymore. Now, don't get me wrong. He still wants to go. Just not with me. After the big deal he made that I couldn't go on my own and possibly run into Scumbo.

Now you and Scumbo can hook up for reals:love:

Do you and Scumbo actually know each other in real life? I always imagine how funny it would be to meet someone you only knew online and be totally shocked/turned off by their personality or appearance in real life:D

Now you and Scumbo can hook up for reals:love:

Do you and Scumbo actually know each other in real life? I always imagine how funny it would be to meet someone you only knew online and be totally shocked/turned off by their personality or appearance in real life:D

We know each other from here and we're facebook friends, but hardly, if ever, interact on FB. :shrug:

We know each other from here and we're facebook friends, but hardly, if ever, interact on FB. :shrug:

Gotcha. So he's probably not some kind of freak :wink:

...and I didn't mean to sound insensitive to your other post. I hope things work out between you and your boyfriend, if thats what you want. :hug:

Gotcha. So he's probably not some kind of freak :wink:

...and I didn't mean to sound insensitive to your other post. I hope things work out between you and your boyfriend, if thats what you want. :hug:

I am kind of sad I won't see the throwdown between Scumbo and NSW.

No, I'm done. It's for the best. We haven't had the healthiest relationship for the past two years. It's run its course.

I got both: the naked picture AND the feel-up.

At least she was pretty.
not gonna lie, i'm not looking forward to going through lax in about a month. even though i'm using the same carrier the whole way, i have to take my bags at lax and re-check them in. wtf. (also not looking forward to trying to negotiate three suitcases by myself.) i just still don't get how taking nekkid pictures of old ladies and feeling up four year olds makes our country safer.

And I don't mean to slight Scumbo. I'm sure he's a stand-up guy. My self-esteem is shot at the moment, so I'm thinking, "why would he want to hang around with me?"

This is pretty cool, The Beatles at the top of the Sahara when the played Las Vegas in 1964.

SAHBEATVIEW.jpg

The Sahara closed its doors this week after 59 years.

Hand him his ticket, gas up your car, and have a ball. Mofo is a fine concert companion. Feed him pancakes and everything's alright.

I'll be sitting in the douchebag seats, sorry.

Two people I've been friends with since the first day of Junior High are coming along. One of my friends coming hasn't seen them since Elevation (he was with me for my first U2 concert), the other has never seen them (and isn't exactly a huge fan either). Should make for some interesting differences in opinions. As long as it doesn't rain, it's going to be a good time.

Despite how ridiculous as this will likely sound, them being on American Idol legitimately makes me sad. I sort of always associate those shows with everything awful and terrible about music, so it bums me out that they would associate themselves with the show in any way.

Some part of my brain realizes, accepts and remembers that U2 became as corporate as it gets a long time ago, and so that's probably why their appearing on American Idol means nothing to me. It's like, of course they are appearing there.

But I can certainly understand it bothering people, even if, in the grand scheme of things, it really shouldn't bother anyone.

Yeah, pretty much. They've been associated with it in the past already - they've allowed their songs to be used, Bono appeared in the Idol Gives Back stuff.

I can't begrudge them wanting to take such a huge opportunity to promote Spiderman. Considering the size of the audience, they'd be dummies to pass it up.

Some part of my brain realizes, accepts and remembers that U2 became as corporate as it gets a long time ago, and so that's probably why their appearing on American Idol means nothing to me. It's like, of course they are appearing there.

But I can certainly understand it bothering people, even if, in the grand scheme of things, it really shouldn't bother anyone.

Yeah, I'm sure in a week I'll forget it even happened. In the grand scheme of things, not a huge deal at all, but it still bothers me.

At least I know Morrissey will never go on there. :wink:

Hey, why release an album with a cutting-edge producer like Danger Mouse when you can just shelve it and instead promote some embarrassing trainwreck, and lower your credibility even further on a show that manufactures mostly trash pop performers?

Awesome news, exciting times to be a Shuttlecock fan.

Oh, it sucks that they won't release any of the new material, I don't think any U2 fan, from the pollyanna's to the most jaded would disagree. But, I mean, come on, these events are mutually exclusive, unless you are intimating that appearances on AI are symptomatic of what plagues the band lately.

And, you know, for some, with them touring...it is an exciting time to be a U2 fan...cos, like, you get to see them in concert. Oh, wait, right, they might do acoustic Stay....the horror.

Ha.

I still don't think Spiderman was the reason for any delay of new material. It may have contributed, but from everything they've said, I think it was because they just got cold feet or decided they didn't think it was good enough, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom