Random Music Talk XXXI: Rapture? I Hardly Met Her

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
I know of a few other Interferencers who are there, but they're so obscure that you probably don't know them.

tumblr_lh5extkqcr1qcyhw1o1_500.jpg

If you see Jick, lock him up somewhere and maybe U2 will start playing Pop songs again.

Possibly my favorite Interference joke of the year right there, people. A+ stuff from
our man Jive Turkey.

I was on a trip out to Chicago today, and in a nearby rest stop I discovered the secret behind Bonochick's disappearance:

259d3t2.jpg

Scumbo, did you listen to KRCL this afternoon? I listened on my commute to work. Playing every end-of-the-world song imaginable. I swear, the only one I didn't hear was LNOE. Cracked me up.

I actually did catch some of that show. The old morning DJ used to play U2 here and there, I'm not sure if I've heard them more than once since then.

I know of a few other Interferencers who are there, but they're so obscure that you probably don't know them.

I only know mainstream radio friendly Interferencers.

I had a good morning. I had a naked picture taken AND got felt up.

Uhhh, what?

So no one knows this Japanese recording artist?

YouTube - ‪cornelius「Drop」‬‏

I'm aware of his existence, but never really listened to him/them. I remember a guy I was friends with in Japan liked him/them quite a bit though.

Marthas are probably hearing the U2s right now.

I assumed you were referencing Beav's role in Canada's defense against NSW's upcoming? invasion of Canada, and thus found it pretty fucking hilarious, myself.

A friend of mine described the Nashville airport as Cronenberg-esque. I have no idea what that means. In related news, he's kind of an idiot.
i've been to the airport, but i wasn't flying in/out. i was in nashville, flat broke, and had to go somewhere to exchange the only money i had, a $20 australian note.

I was on a trip out to Chicago today, and in a nearby rest stop I discovered the secret behind Bonochick's disappearance:
good one.

the only somewhat interesting airport story i can think of is when i had a layover in miami. the terminal i was in had the shittiest food, but i was starving. i'd never had cuban food and didn't want to chance trying something new when i'd be on a tiny airplane for 2-3 hours. i had to walk out of the terminal to the front of the airport (like the ticketing area) to go to a fucking burger king. i hate burger king and i had to wait in line at security again for a flavourless burger and fries. i got bumped off a flight for reasons i still don't know in san francisco, but that was just plain irritating.

I assumed you were referencing Beav's role in Canada's defense against NSW's upcoming? invasion of Canada, and thus found it pretty fucking hilarious, myself.

Beav also wants to invade Canada, not defend it. The problem was we'd plot against each other so we could invade Canada without interference from one another.

Ha, no. He's from NY. The best part is, not only do he and I have the same name, but we went to the same college, and were even there at the same time for like 2 years. But even then, somehow, we knew to avoid one another.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I've been up almost 24 hours. After grilled cheese, I'm going to pass out.

It was Fucking Awesome tonight. Acoustic Stay was lovely and delightful.

And yes, I was referencing my TSA experience at LAX.

High Violet today. So good. One of my (many) favourite moments seeing them live was England, specifically when Matt started screaming "desperate".

Load Out/Stay - one of the best ever.

And does anyone besides me & Ashley think Bat Outta Hell is extremely good?

A friend of mine described the Nashville airport as Cronenberg-esque. I have no idea what that means. In related news, he's kind of an idiot.

It was Lance, wasn't it?

Looking at the setlist now, I'll take it. It ain't perfect, but it's a pretty solid retrospective with a few deeper tracks.

Can't really expect much more at this point.

Hopefully they stick with it until Los Angeles without adding more FattyChub songs.

Without knowing the details, I will add a "yay" and add "hope Seattle is similar."

Glad you had a great time, martha!

Joyful texted me a picture of the Claw. I gave a wistful sigh and whispered "Soon, my glorious Claw. Soon."

Well for those who are interested in seeing a setlist breakdown by album (minus song title Spoilers):

BallBoy: 1 (usually)
Cocktober: 1 (alternating)
Whore: 1 or 2
The Unforgettable Liar: 1
The Joshua Cock: 2 or 3
Shuttle & Bum: 1 (usually)
Achtung Birdie: 4 or 5
Cockropa: 1
Cockengers: 1
ATYCLC: 3 or 4
HTMAAS: 2
No Net: 4

The only album not being represented is Poppycock, though I'd argue that the Cock Crazy remix represents that period musically, especially with the snippets we've been seeing, and also on alternate nights the encore features a song that is technically from those sessions.

Also missing are any of the new songs they played in Europe, but to be honest I'm not bemoaning their absence considering their quality. There really isn't ANYTHING on this setlist that I'd prefer to see dropped in favor of Glastonbirdie, Every Broken Serve, MercyRule, or TournStar. Bird That Falls From The Sky is another story, but it was only played once anyway.

And it should be noted that while there should be more No Net songs, I'm pretty sure that four "current" songs are more than you'd hear during a Rolling Stones show, and they're songs that legitimately can stand alongside the classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom