Random Music Talk LIII: Even more fun than the last thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reggo said:
Ho-lee shit. Jeopardy and Aladdin were my two favourite SNES games. Played them both until I had all the Jeopardy clues memorized and Aladdin became nothing more than muscle memory. I miss my SNES. My mom sold it at our last garage sale with all my games. Sigh.

Oh i know, bet if i played the aladdin game today i would still know exactly how to dodge the stuff on the carpet level with my eyes shut. my snes broke when i was 14. one of my brother's friends dropped a football on it.

OF ALL TIME! /Kanye

Sorry. Couldn't resist :p.

I played video games from time to time as a kid, but mainly just for something to do, it's never been much of my thing.

I totally agree. Aside from the Nintendo 64, Pokemon, GTA and the occasional Sim City/Sims sesh on the computer, I don't play video games at all. I'm always bored out of my fucking mind when I go to a mate's joint and they're playing a video game.

cobl04 said:
Mario Kart 64 is the best video game of all time.

Adamantly disagree with this. The AI is so fucking horrible on 150cc. I prefer Mario Kart DS of that series.

Banjo Kazooie all day.

madden 12 is the biggest thing i've wasted money on in a long time. but only because i got ncaa football 12 not long after.

vastly prefer nfl in every way, but ncaa 12 is harder, which i'm all over.

as you were.

I totally agree. Aside from the Nintendo 64, Pokemon, GTA and the occasional Sim City/Sims sesh on the computer, I don't play video games at all. I'm always bored out of my fucking mind when I go to a mate's joint and they're playing a video game.

When I was staying at my sister's place shortly after moving back here (until I found a place to move into), I'd be sitting there on the weekends watching her boyfriend and his friend(s) play video games. ALL DAY. And it was the kind with all the shooting and the military guys running around after zombie Nazis or whatever. Drove me nucking futs after a while, the "poppopoppopop" of the gunfire and the constant swearing at each other and such. So I was often either seeking peace at a friend's place (I would've moved in with her but there wasn't enough room and her landlord wouldn't have allowed it) or sitting at home and putting on my headphones. And even then those didn't drown everything out.

I mean, I've got my own obsessions and such, so I don't really have room to talk, and more power to those who enjoy the games. I just find them incredibly irritating to listen to after a while.

I tell you the most boring thing humanity has ever invented - pokie machines. I can't sit on those things for more than two minutes. I can see how people get addicted, but I'd rather race snails than waste copious amounts of money on something you have an incredibly low chance of winning. Boggles my mind.

When I was staying at my sister's place shortly after moving back here (until I found a place to move into), I'd be sitting there on the weekends watching her boyfriend and his friend(s) play video games. ALL DAY. And it was the kind with all the shooting and the military guys running around after zombie Nazis or whatever. Drove me nucking futs after a while, the "poppopoppopop" of the gunfire and the constant swearing at each other and such. So I was often either seeking peace at a friend's place (I would've moved in with her but there wasn't enough room and her landlord wouldn't have allowed it) or sitting at home and putting on my headphones. And even then those didn't drown everything out.

I mean, I've got my own obsessions and such, so I don't really have room to talk, and more power to those who enjoy the games. I just find them incredibly irritating to listen to after a while.

Agreed. When one of my mates found out about interference (I use google chrome, and it's the second most used site on my home page) he started giving me a hard time about it. But it's not much different. When he's playing video games or looking at motorbike videos on youtube, two things I find boring, I'm posting on here :shrug:

my housemate and i didn't play swtor for 23 hrs (coffee, smokes, and pizza breaks) with an 8 hour nap between 12 hours online today or anything. and then i didn't play for another 3 when he went to go take a nap or anything. no, that didn't happen because i don't spend that much time playing video games at all.

and i think i listened to "andrew in drag" 20 times this weekend, and the rest of the album a half dozen times. week, whatever it is. and probably not that many times (yet enough to know the words now).

A showdown between my dog, cat and recently purchased hamster has begun, but I think all is well.

Andrew in Drag is a good song from a great album.

I loved Aladdin for the Genesis. I recently played it for the SNES and was really disappointed in the graphics compared to what my memory is telling me the Genesis version looked like.

I haven't seen any of these games in over a decade so what my brain tells me they look like is not pixelated goofiness with lots of misplaced purple and strange colors, but I'm sure that's what they looked like. Actually, that's exactly how I remember them looking, so beats me how they really looked.

It's an excellent album, so I'm watching the strange powers documentary again on Netflix. Hmm, maybe that's why I knew the series of misfortunate events (or unhappy people books, as I was calling them, pretty much because it irritated my brother for some reason...which reminds me I never read the 13th) guy was involved with the band at one point.

I think the couch may have eaten my hat. Maroon beanie last seen on the couch, and this couch does strike me as the ravenous type into which things like hats would likely go missing.

Agreed. When one of my mates found out about interference (I use google chrome, and it's the second most used site on my home page) he started giving me a hard time about it. But it's not much different. When he's playing video games or looking at motorbike videos on youtube, two things I find boring, I'm posting on here :shrug:

Exactly. Same here :).

Yeah, IWB, like I said, if it's your thing, go for it and have fun :up:.

The Walkmen were pretty wiiiiicked. Massive set too. They played for an hour, took a 10 minute break, then played for another hour. Took requests at the end. Good times indeed

There aren't a lot of other albums I would recommend spending that much money on. I could get it used for like $4 here though.

James Murphy isn't eating much. This can't be right.

I hate eBay because it illustrates how lazy I am with shopping. The fucking hamster cage I bought tonight was $45, and I found one with three extra floors on eBay for the same price. Shit.

At least I didn't blow $110 on the wah wah pedal I was looking at tonight with a $40 Dunlop crybaby wah just sitting there on eBay.

The Walkmen were pretty wiiiiicked. Massive set too. They played for an hour, took a 10 minute break, then played for another hour. Took requests at the end. Good times indeed

:up:

I still haven't seen them live. You have quite a few times, right?

You all have me on a bit of a Radiohead kick, which is making it even worse that I likely won't be seeing them this tour. Hopefully they at least do an official stream of a show, so I can pretend.

I'm pretty sure my used copy of Sign O' the Times was $5. :happy: :wink: glad you have it Cobs, it's definitely worth the money.

Choice quotes from the drunk guy sitting next to me at Steak and Shake:

1) after talking about all of the things he's tried to do to gain muscle:fuck it, I'm gonna go to the gym tomorrow and lift all of the weights, work out every single thing.

2), my parents pushed me so hard. I'd love to be working in the steel mills with my friends working for the union. They work hard, they work hard and they make a lot of money, working for the union.

3) talking to the male friends he's here with:text me, text me and every day I will make you laugh. Aask our friend so and so, I make him laugh all the time. Until I am, I'm 21 until I'm like, ready to get fucking married, I'm not going to text jokes to my girl, I'd rather text them to my boys.

Now he's talking about who would be in his wedding party. His friend (who will be his best man, even if it's 30 years down the road and they're no longer talking) kept interrupting him, so he said "my wedding party" ten times.

You'll have feelings, you won't have feelings about her, but you'll have feelings for the rest of your life :happy:

Back
Top Bottom