Random Movie Talk XIII: In Which I Cannot Come Up With a Relevant or Witty Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I remember seeing that on the retrospective on the GWTW disc.

Movie club? Let's do this.

Olivier Assayas' Carlos is out there... in the ether. I'm going to work on acquiring it. It looks gorgeous.

edit: acquiring now.... muhaha.

Am I being too big of a dork when I say that we should seriously reconsider doing a movie club? Maybe 1-2 a month, different suggestions from different posters, but you do it ONLY if you really commit to watching and discussing, to the best of your abilities, each film.

I'd like to participate as well.

I'd like to participate as well.

Wonderful. :up:

That's five so far.

Laz, while working in the TV business in LA, it will not surprise you to learn that we often would take a look around during one of our meetings and realize that we had a minyan.

I'm gonna let this sit for a few days, then we'll just roll and see how it goes.

How does this club work? How many movies a month? I'd like to give it a shot at least and see how it goes.

edit: 1-2 a month, you say? cool

robert-de-niro-and-martin-scorsese-.jpg

I greatly preferred Part 2 of Che to the first, and from what I've been told, Carlos does decay in quality a bit as it goes on. But we'll see. I'll have a better review when I've finished it.

Though I have to say, so far Part 2 of Carlos is pretty damn great.

700 mb for each part of three. The first two have run a little over an hour and a half each. Quality is fairly good, not great, but it's a solid rip.

Hmm, I just found one that's over a gig for each part. It's moving a little slower but I'm patient.

Plus it has .srt files instead of the fucking .idx/.sub bullshit which I don't use.

Part 2 also great. Though things are slowing down and I can imagine that most of the complaints I've heard about the third part are likely to ring true.

I don't know if any of you guys are aware of this, but at the E.T. ride at Universal Studios, Steven Spielberg shows up as himself in one of the pre-show videos to tell the audience about how they have to help E.T. on his little adventure. At one point, E.T. goes "Steeeeeeven" and they have a little exchange. This kills me every time I see it.

You wouldn't see Scorsese introducing a Taxi Driver ride, would you?

You're telling me that you wouldn't go on Kundun: The Walk of Shame, or The Great After Hours Adventure? There's money to be made there.

Between both parks, Spielberg's got three (Jaws, Jurassic Park, and E.T.).

I'd love to see a giant De Niro foot kicking each tram as a loudspeaker blares "You fuck my wife?" over and over again.

Or maybe you can go through a giant coke straw into Sharon Stone's nose.

In related, real-life news, Disneyland is shutting down Star Tours and turning it into some Pod Race ride.

Mixed feelings on that one. ST is dated but pretty cool considering.

I'd love to see a giant De Niro foot kicking each tram as a loudspeaker blares "You fuck my wife?" over and over again.

Or maybe you can go through a giant coke straw into Sharon Stone's nose.

I'll settle with riding in the trunk with Billy Batts.

Aside from Scorsese, the ride I've always wanted to see is a Wonka Tour, complete with a freaky boat section.

In related, real-life news, Disneyland is shutting down Star Tours and turning it into some Pod Race ride.

Mixed feelings on that one. ST is dated but pretty cool considering.

Hollywood Studios is too, though rumor has it that Boba Fett and Admiral Ackbar will be prominently featured in the retooled version.

Back
Top Bottom