Ohai, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game's far more exciting if we try to get through a thread without you noticing.

someday there will be an unexpected midday (for me) post whoring extravaganza, and then Ian will be left out in the cold.

The Brit was doing most of the talking - I just listened for the accent - then my friend stuck her tongue down his throat - good times. :applaud:

So apparently War History IS the way to pick up chicks.
:lol:

Quoted for awesomeness! :drool:

Though if you keep posting that, I may just sit here staring at it and never make the thread. :wink:

(Nah, work on it's underway now.)

you dont' want to know what a furry is.

:ohmy: :shifty: :silent:

Shall I not post in the next thread?

:applaud::yippie::applaud:

:uhoh:

Um....NO of course not Ian! :tongue:

Ooh, I think Egypt is even more overrated, because every enormous Dorling Kingsley or whatever book about the History of the Ancient World or even the History of All Things in the World Ever will have King Tut's goddamn sarcophagus on it. All those guys did was drink beer and invent furries.

Romans get too much credit, too. The Greeks are often overhyped too, but some of their real genius is overlooked so often in place of the Romans. But mainly I think there should be more respect for pre-Islamic Mesopotamian and Persian civilisations, the former the true inventers of Western civilisation.

:laugh: EXACTLY. It shits me off. "Oooh piramidz n king tut!!1!!1!!11" I can't bring myself to care about such an over-exposed civilisation, especially not academically given the way Egyptology is so closed (I think it says volumes that its historians have talked it up into being its own -ology).

I've always enjoyed Roman history, though not necessarily for the usual reasons, and both Rome and Greece probably get too much coverage too. More justifiably than Egypt, it must be said. I agree with you on the pre-Islamic Mesopotamian and Persian civilisations. They're fucking fascinating and yet you almost never hear about them. Except maybe in some "Bible History" course that ignores all the facts.

Are you suggesting I'll come online way day and think the Temple Bar or the DI Running Diary threads are the Superthreads?

More I'm thinking you'll be at a Warriors game and we'll charge through a whole thread in your absence.

And I do believe it's finally time for me to post the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom