Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dhoni is trying to outdo Cook in the inane captaincy area .... and he's miraculously successful.

They did, but who on earth sends Anderson and Broad in to bowl under a grey sky of clouds in England?
I guess the truly suicidal, but who else?
Geoffrey Boycott says he would have hit his captain with a bat for pulling off that one

I'm on the same side. It's an absolute fucking joke that he wasn't selected. You can't ignore that sort of form, you just look like an idiot with an axe to grind. I recall Dan Smee being in the anti-Hughes camp, but I'm not sure even he could be against Hughes' inclusion.

Zimbabwe performed reasonably well in their first Test in nearly a year. Playing South Africa they got 256 in the first innings, led by Brendan Taylor's 93, and bowled SA out for 397. John Nyumbu, on debut, took 5/157 and two bowlers had economy rates under two. Zimbabwe batted stoically at times in the second dig. Vusi Sibanda made 45 off 111 in over three hours, nightwatchman Don Tripiano made five off 63, but they collapsed from 2/98 to 7/124. Richmond Mutumbami (43 off 69) and Nyumbu (13 off 52) stalled the inevitable before they were rolled for 181. SA won by nine wickets, with debutant offie Dane Piedt taking 8/152 for the match and proving that SA don't have to pick a cunt as shit as Imran Tahir.

Yeah, I haven't held any particularly strong views on Hughes - you and Dan Smee know much more about Aussie cricket than I do - but I found that article pretty persuasive.

Would love to see Zimbabwe one day achieve their potential in world cricket. They were so close to achieving it in the late nineties before Robert Mugabe proved that sport is just another vehicle for him to flaunt his colossal twattery.

I'm on the same side. It's an absolute fucking joke that he wasn't selected. You can't ignore that sort of form, you just look like an idiot with an axe to grind. I recall Dan Smee being in the anti-Hughes camp, but I'm not sure even he could be against Hughes' inclusion.

Zimbabwe performed reasonably well in their first Test in nearly a year. Playing South Africa they got 256 in the first innings, led by Brendan Taylor's 93, and bowled SA out for 397. John Nyumbu, on debut, took 5/157 and two bowlers had economy rates under two. Zimbabwe batted stoically at times in the second dig. Vusi Sibanda made 45 off 111 in over three hours, nightwatchman Don Tripiano made five off 63, but they collapsed from 2/98 to 7/124. Richmond Mutumbami (43 off 69) and Nyumbu (13 off 52) stalled the inevitable before they were rolled for 181. SA won by nine wickets, with debutant offie Dane Piedt taking 8/152 for the match and proving that SA don't have to pick a cunt as shit as Imran Tahir.

Quite the opposite Danny - I have been a Hughes lover above all else since his first class debut, when I thought it would be awesome to see a guy barely 19 score a ton on debut (I watched the live text until he was dismissed in the 50s).

I got into heated arguments with madForIt during the 2009 Ashes because I defended him when everyone else jumped on his back.

Each time he has beend ropped I've jumped on here and Facebook to whinge about it, the guy has never been given more than a couple of tests to establish himself. Dick-farmer Shane Watson gets unfettered and unlimited chances while a hard-working grafter like Hughes gets shafted. Fucking disgrace.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f223/the-official-cricket-07-08-thread-179547-29.html

Good reading

It says something that even I don't entirely resent Smith's place in the team now.

Twatto, on the other hand...

It says something that even I don't entirely resent Smith's place in the team now.

Twatto, on the other hand...

Cricket's triple threat - batting, bowling, fielding. Add to that captaincy. I love seeing players who make through raw talent, hard work, and a great attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The pitch heavily favoured the bowlers but they're completely shot. Nearly the entire team is out of form. This summer is going to be a complete massacre.

Watson injured - AGAIN - Hughes on the plane to Zimbabwe. And he smashes 71* today while captaining aus a against sa a. Bag the ton tomorrow, and jump on the plane. Good day.

The one knock on him was his record away from home

31 in Aus, 36 in Eng, 28 in NZ, 28 in SA.

Also cruelly his average, because of his first innings failure, dips below 50.

The one knock on him was his record away from home

31 in Aus, 36 in Eng, 28 in NZ, 28 in SA.

Also cruelly his average, because of his first innings failure, dips below 50.

Sachin had the same problem. It's why Sanga and Lara are better imo

What? His away average is better than his career average. 40 in Pakistan is his worst. 53 in 20 Tests in Aus, including the Perth ton as 19yo, 301 runs in Sydney without being dismissed...

I stand corrected - I remember seeing something saying his average was inflated 10-15 because of all the tests played on sub-continent roads.

Back
Top Bottom