NFL 2012: The Super Bowl and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice hit for the fumble, but the Saints didn't have a problem moving down the field.

The Saints will get the yards, the 49ers just need to not let guys get behind them and make sure they tackle in the red zone.

eh, what the heck. Go 49ers! if they win today and the Packers win tomorrow, it'll feel like the mid 90's again with the 49ers coming to town in the playoffs.

If the 49ers manage to start getting regular pressure on Brees, they win. They haven't done that so far, and you can't give him time.

#1 in the league in takeaways. That's important and stuff.

bono_212 said:
No it's not. People were just so fucking cocky and damn sure that the 49Ers sucked and the Saints were gods, and the truth is making itself quite obvious.

I'll agree with that.

Very wise that Saints aren't even attempting to run, but again, if the 49ers adjust and start getting pressure, they'll have nothing to fall back on.

This is going to be a very, very close game down the stretch, and a turnover will probably decide the winner. 49ers have an advantage there, and Akers is one hell of a kicker if it comes down to that.

Well, there goes that. You can't give Brees any time. And make no mistake: this is all Brees. Excellent coverage and tackling all throughout that drive.

yeah, the 49ers defense needs to make a stop before the half. can't give up a 17 point lead before halftime.

big sequence here. if the 49ers can get any points before halftime and then score on their first drive of the 2nd half, that's a big swing.

they really need to work the running game in the 2nd half and limit Drew Brees' possessions.

I reaaaaalllyyyy don't get the feeling of Super Bowl champion from either of these teams. Too many fundamental mistakes from the Saints, and not enough offense from the 49ers. This is fun right now though.

I reaaaaalllyyyy don't get the feeling of Super Bowl champion from either of these teams. Too many fundamental mistakes from the Saints, and not enough offense from the 49ers. This is fun right now though.

yeah, agreed completely. Saints just aren't the same outside.

Even if the Saints mop the floor with the 49ers in the second half in the same way they did the Lions, I do feel vindicated in defending the 49ers throughout the season. This is a tough, very tough football team and they have been able to move the ball all game, stalling at key moments. The Saints have their work cut out for them, but if they can get a few big plays and cut into the 49ers' confidence, they can see some daylight.

In the unlikely event of a Giants/49ers championship, I would be stunned if the Giants moved the ball all game. Eli would get eaten alive by this team without his running game. Rodgers, I think, would do OK because he simply does not fuck up.

That late (like, after the following play) timeout granted Brees is bullshit. Had that been a TD pass, they wouldn't have enforced it.

This is the best game of the playoffs so far IMO. I know Tebows/Steelers went to OT, but there was no question who the winner of that one would be. It's going to be tough to top this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom