NFL 2009-10: Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats lineman Richard Seymour goes to the Raiders for a 2011 first rounder.

I think it's another good move for the Pats. His contract runs out after this season anyway, and I don't think the Pats would have resigned him. They have the depth to do a decent job replacing him.

It's a great trade as long as they tie up Wilfork now.

There was no way they were going to be able to sign all of these guys. Besides Wilfork, they will also have to take care of Mankins soon, and there's this Brady guy coming up again.

And if a rookie cap system can somehow be installed by the 2011 draft (and that's why it's for that draft and not 2010), the move will be genius, because you know Oakland is still going to be one of the ten worst teams, if not in the top five, by then.

In his defense, I'd probably want to beat the shit out of Tila Tequila given the opportunity.

And if a rookie cap system can somehow be installed by the 2011 draft (and that's why it's for that draft and not 2010), the move will be genius, because you know Oakland is still going to be one of the ten worst teams, if not in the top five, by then.

Actually the rookie cap may work against the Pats in this trade. Because the best undergrad talent will leave early for the 2010 draft to beat the cap, and the 2011 draft may be one of the worst in history as a result.

Stafford is starting. in other news, i just picked up New Orleans Defense for Week 1.

Predictions:

AFC
East
NE (14-2) - 2
BUF (6-10)
NYJ (3-13)
MIA (2-14)

North
PIT (14-2) - 1
BAL (10-6) - 5
CLE (7-9)
CIN (6-10)

South
IND (13-3) - 3
TEN (9-7) - 6
HOU (7-9)
JAC (5-11)

West
SD (12-4) - 4
DEN (5-11)
OAK (4-12)
KC (2-14)

NFC
East
NYG (10-6) - 2
PHI (10-6) - 5
WAS (8-8)
DAL (7-9)

North
MIN (13-3) - 1
CHI (9-7) - 6
GB (9-7)
DET (2-14)

South
ATL (10-6) - 3
NO (8-8)
TB (6-10)
CAR (6-10)

West
ARI (9-7) - 4
SEA (8-8)
SF (5-11)
STL (4-12)

AFC Playoffs:
TEN def IND
SD def BAL

PIT def TEN
SD def NE

PIT def SD

NFC Playoffs
CHI def ATL
PHI def ARI

MIN def CHI
NYG def PHI

MIN def NYG

Super Bowl XLIV:
PIT 31 - MIN 24

Actually the rookie cap may work against the Pats in this trade. Because the best undergrad talent will leave early for the 2010 draft to beat the cap, and the 2011 draft may be one of the worst in history as a result.

This is a good point, although if the pick is in the top five, I'm sure there will still be a good crop at the top.

Predictions:

AFC
East
NE (14-2) - 2
BUF (6-10)
NYJ (3-13)
MIA (2-14)

North
PIT (14-2) - 1
BAL (10-6) - 5
CLE (7-9)
CIN (6-10)

South
IND (13-3) - 3
TEN (9-7) - 6
HOU (7-9)
JAC (5-11)

West
SD (12-4) - 4
DEN (5-11)
OAK (4-12)
KC (2-14)

NFC
East
NYG (10-6) - 2
PHI (10-6) - 5
WAS (8-8)
DAL (7-9)

North
MIN (13-3) - 1
CHI (9-7) - 6
GB (9-7)
DET (2-14)

South
ATL (10-6) - 3
NO (8-8)
TB (6-10)
CAR (6-10)

West
ARI (9-7) - 4
SEA (8-8)
SF (5-11)
STL (4-12)

AFC Playoffs:
TEN def IND
SD def BAL

PIT def TEN
SD def NE

PIT def SD

NFC Playoffs
CHI def ATL
PHI def ARI

MIN def CHI
NYG def PHI

MIN def NYG

Super Bowl XLIV:
PIT 31 - MIN 24

Packers win the NFC North for sure.

maybe in 2010 draft order. :D

Ha.

I just think that the Vikes, who were already pretty good, got better in the off-season....and the Bears definitely got better....but the Pack didn't get that much better, and they were 6-10 last season. I don't know why anyone would expect them to gain 4 games on the Vikings or 3 on the Bears.

i believe that at the end of the year, we'll all be admitting that the best free agent pickup was the Packers hiring Dom Capers. plus, the Packers got better from within (Finley, Sitton, Barbre), and we're actually healthy going into the season. it goes unmentioned a lot how decimated by injuries they were last year.

I think we're just gonna have to wait and see, Mikal. It won't take us very long to find out. Although we will both be at a U2 concert when our squads square off for the first time.

I think we're just gonna have to wait and see, Mikal. It won't take us very long to find out. Although we will both be at a U2 concert when our squads square off for the first time.

i'll actually be at U2 Saturday night and at Lambeau Sunday night. :D

yeah, i had to turn U2 down for the 2nd night when my friend asked me to go to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom