NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
I'm not buying into the Giants' hype yet. After we stupidly brought their corpse back to life with a free win in week 3, they've gone on to beat the Eagles, Jets, Falcons, and 49ers. Combined record for those teams? 6-18. Good on them, but I'm not impressed. Yet.

free win, eh?

i'm not declaring the giants the best team in the NFC. that would be silly. what i am saying is that the NFC is sooooooo wide open that any of the 6 teams that make the playoffs will have a legit shot at going to the Patriot Bowl, where we will either have
a) a complete destruction of said NFC team by the Pats... only because they cheat, of course.
b) the greatest upset in NFL history.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

Sorry, I'm still pissed about that one. :angry: You don't choke a 14 point lead at home. You just don't. :grumpy:

apparently you do :wink:

i will say this about the G-men. they have a new defensive coordinator, and said defensive coordinator tried to institute a system similar to the pats in that they disguise their defense so that the offense doesn't know what they're looking at. problem was that the giants defense is apparently filled with morons. thus then not only did the offense have any idea what was going on, neither did the defense. at half time of the redskins game, spagnuolo changed this. no more disguising. what you see is what you get. since that point, the giants D has been beastly.

:shrug:

this is a team that was a trendy super bowl pick last year, and who have made the playoffs the past two seasons, going 8-8 last year with one of the NFL's hardest schedules. we're not talking about the Jets here :giggle:. this team has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

and they lost those two games this season to the teams who have the best records in the NFC this season, one at home and one on the road. both loses were one posession games in the 4th quarter... the cowboys-giants game, in dallas mind you, was a 3 point game with 4 minutes to play. and these games were both with the doo-doo giants defense, not the defense that has been destroying quarterbacks the past 4 1/2 weeks. if the Giants D plays that Dallas game the way they're playing now and the offense stays the same, the giants beat the cowboys by at least 2 touchdowns.

time will tell, i suppose.

Last edited:
Again, beat a really good team and I will be impressed. :wink: I'll even post right here, in this very thread "Headache was exactly right; the Giants kick ass".

*looks at your schedule*

Looks like we'll have to wait till week 10.

LemonMelon said:
Oh, BC, forgot to mention that my best friend is a Packer fan. Thankfully, he didn't give me a ton of crap for the Skins game. :lol:

I still say those two teams will meet again, same place, in January. Will bring the refreshments. :corn:

I'll bring the raincoats. I don't want your tears of sorrow drenching me. :wink:

Bonochick said:

I'll bring the raincoats. I don't want your tears of sorrow drenching me. :wink:

If we're 100% healthy by then, I wouldn't be so sure. :wink: Probably will be another nailbiter.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm gonna have a budweiser hot seat moment here and go ahead and ask the question... which is more likely to happen, the pats going undefeated or the dolphins going winless?

You gotta think Miami can beat either the Jets or Buffalo in Miami, right?

The Patriots look like they're on a MISSION. I could see them going undefeated, except I think if they make it to 15-0, they may rest everybody in the last game.

An undefeated season sounds nice, but the Superbowl is the thing that really matters.

SeattleVertigo said:

You gotta think Miami can beat either the Jets or Buffalo in Miami, right?

The Patriots look like they're on a MISSION. I could see them going undefeated, except I think if they make it to 15-0, they may rest everybody in the last game.

An undefeated season sounds nice, but the Superbowl is the thing that really matters.

if they get to 15-0 there is no chance in hell that belichick wouldn't go for the undefeated season considering the historical significance of it all (and to shove it in the faces of everyone who stupidly said that the pats past wins are "tainted" by the so called spy-gate).

and super bowl is two words :mad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

if they get to 15-0 there is no chance in hell that belichick wouldn't go for the undefeated season considering the historical significance of it all (and to shove it in the faces of everyone who stupidly said that the pats past wins are "tainted" by the so called spy-gate).

and super bowl is two words :mad:

Whoops!

You may be right about Belichick -- he's in a pretty pissy mood this year. <grin> I'd be incredibly excited if they went through the season perfectly, but either way, the Super Bowl is the thing.

I'd have to say the Patriots have a better chance. There is only one game left where they have a realistic chance of losing, and that's at Indianapolis. Whereas the Dolphins have to play Buffalo twice and the Jets once. More opportunities for them to win.

And consider this: If the Patriots beat the Colts, there is still a good bet that it might be the only loss Indy has all year, thus forcing the Patriots to play almost down to the wire to preserve home field. In such a scenario, they wouldn't lock that up until their 15th game, and if they are 15-0 at that point, as Headache mentioned, they will definitely go for it.

The Steelers might (might) be able to beat the Patriots on a really good day.

A motivated Giants team with something to play for could beat a Patriots team that has everything settled.

The Patriots look unbeatable, but a lot can change in football. And quickly.

Just saying.

I love the whining about Belichick running up the score. This crap is really getting old. It's the fucking pros, not Pop Warner. If you don't like it, stop them. I could see if it was college and he was Steve Spurrier running it up on Mississippi State or something...and even then it wouls sound like sour-grapes whining.

I swear all the pissing & moaning about the Pats is turning me into the very thing I can't stand...one of those self-righteous thin-skinned fans, like 90% of the Yankee fans I dealt with from about '96 to '04. I hate it. But this is 2 weeks in a row with this same crap. Thank God there's no chance of Belichick going all Grady Little and apologizing (and oh the irony, when Grady did his 'pen blew an 8 run lead THAT DAY).

SeattleVertigo said:
The Steelers might (might) be able to beat the Patriots on a really good day.

A motivated Giants team with something to play for could beat a Patriots team that has everything settled.

The Patriots look unbeatable, but a lot can change in football. And quickly.

Just saying.

I would've said the Steelers before yesterday, and they are still a good team, but I just don't think they are strong enough.

And while the Giants might be motivated if they are in the hunt, the Patriots will most certainly be into it if they are already 15-0 at that point.

You're right, anything can happen. But if it keeps going like this, I think they have an excellent chance.

phanan said:

And consider this: If the Patriots beat the Colts, there is still a good bet that it might be the only loss Indy has all year, thus forcing the Patriots to play almost down to the wire to preserve home field.

As a resident of Indianapolis, I may be one of the few in this city that thinks the Colts are one major defensive injury away from a meltdown. We know that the could plug just about anyone (minus a QB) into that offense and it would work - but I truly doubt their defense.

I expect more than one loss for the Colts this season. And, I believe that the Steelers are JUST as much of a threat to the Pats as the Colts. An undefeated season WILL be an amazing accomplishment...I hope they can do it! :uhoh:

P.S. - It is my understanding that we will not see the roof-inventing kitty anymore!

Ack, missed the last thread before it closed:

SeattleVertigo, interesting! Thanks for hunting that down for me ... I have no idea why it didn't occur to me to use Google. Maybe I trust you guys more. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Ack, missed the last thread before it closed:

SeattleVertigo, interesting! Thanks for hunting that down for me ... I have no idea why it didn't occur to me to use Google. Maybe I trust you guys more. :wink:

Haven't you been around here long enough to know better, cori?

Just kidding, guys. :wink:

I actually wondered that same thing myself. :footballnewbie: :reject:

DaveC said:
76618054.jpg

Thank you for letting us have him though :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom