Movies that scared you the most

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
ok there might have been a thread on this before, sorry if there has, but i havent seen one.....

but what movies freaked you out the most?
i havent seen that many Horror movies, but some that scared me the most where
Scream 1, 2 & 3, (i was 12 at the time), The Exorcist, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal and Red Dragon (not so much scared me, but alot of suspense)
thats about all i can think of, i havent seen that many....

so what are some moives that scared you?

Last edited:
I dont watch scary movies. I didnt think Silence of the Lambs was scary though either more thrilling.

I saw Poltergeist when I was four. It freaked me out so bad I had to sleep in my parents' room for quite some time. They were not all that thrilled with the aunt who let me watch it!

i know this is the same with a lot of other movies too, but dont ya think they get worse after they make a sequal and then a third movie....
just look at scream, i thought the first one was good, 2nd ok and the 3rd was just crap

Silence Of The Lambs
Poltergeist
Psycho
Halloween 1
that movie, can't remember the name..when the girl is in the house and the guy calls her-He Knows You're Alone, or something like that :hmm:
Exorcist

When I was young (8-10) I saw Amadeus. It gave me nightmares for a long time. Especially the scene where Salieri knocked on the door of Amadeus, wearing a mask Amadeus' deceased father had worn before. When Salieri then turned to leave you saw another mask at the back of his head. :eek:

(I think you've to have seen the movie to understand it :D)

C ya!

Marty

bono_man2002 said:

the witch?, my sister is scared of her

No just the whole movie.

And the bit where the red shoes stick out from under the house and when they go to the Emerald City. also the wtiches terrified me my dad told my mum it was a childrens movie and she elft us to watch it and went tidying the house she said she came back an hour later and we were all hiding behind the sofa crying :laugh: I didnt like the way the children turned to mice.

The Excorcist is the worst one I've seen. I had a hard time sleeping after seeing that one.

The lastest scary movie that scared the sh*t out of me was The Ring. Anyone else see it? I made my two dogs and cat sleep with me for a week after that one. *shiver* Someone gave me the DVD and I know for certain I wont be viewing it a second time.

Anyone seen Return to Oz? :shifty: Lara, if you think the Wizard of Oz is scary, you should see this one! I watched it when I was about 7 or 8 and I STILL have nightmares

Marty- Amadeus freaked me out too, especially that part you mentioned with Salieri!

my friend mentioned to me about texas chainsaw massacre, i havent seen it.....for those that have seen it, whats it like?, it sounds scary anyway
i havent seen many of the "older' horror movies

the Blaire Witch

After me and my friends saw that we were fucked up in the head for weeks

on the way back from the theatre we stopped on this dark road, turned off the lights and tried to scare each other

the Exorcist...when she comes down the stairs on her hands and feet - BELLY UP

i won't be seeing The Ring anytime soon. i've heard enough about it to where i wont lol.

gotta think of some scary movies...to be continued...

Lara Mullen said:
The wizard of Oz

:shifty:

Really.

Scary FLYING MONKEYS!!! :yikes:

When I was 4 or 5, it was re-released in the theaters and my Mom took me and my little sister to see it. I was okay until the damn monkeys came on, which caused me to have a complete melt-down! I was screaming and crying so bad we had to leave!

Just to prolong my childhood trauma, my Mom sent me a flying monkey birthday card last year :mad: :lol:

Other than the Wizard of Oz, I've been scared shitless by:

The Amityville Horror (beady little pig eyes in the window)

Salem's Lot (vampire boys floating outside the bedroom window)

The Exorcist (demon voices)

Night of the Living Dead (rotting zombies)

dont laugh at me

but I dont watch scary movies...because I was scarred at a very young age and I cant watch them anymore.

Started when I was young..brothers and sisters liked to torture me. They offered to babysit..I would cling to my mothers ankle..No no...dont go...anyhow...

Planet of the Apes..they would sit on me hide all the pillows and had me convinced that that would happen

Werewolf in London..scared the crap out of me.

Jagged Edge....scared the crap out of me...

Cape Fear..scared the crap out of me...

Rosemary's Baby...dont even say it

Sleeping with the Enemy..still bothers the crap out of me....

Fire in the Sky..to this day I have not seen the last 20 minutes when events were recounted...I leave the room each and every time...

psychological thrillers..scare the crap out of me....

I don't think Doris Day has ever featured in a scary movie
so I've never seen one

Doris Day :up:

when I saw Ernest Scared Stupid as a young kid I used to check the shower and under the bed for weeks looking for trolls...

that movie impacted me for some reason

cos they could look just like your friend

YOU could be a troll, for all I know

The only time I recall really being scared by a movie was "Jaws". I went to see it when it was released with my family at 10 yrs old, while on summer vacation on Cape Cod no less. I remember the music during the shots that gave you the shark's perspective in the dark ocean(prior to actually seeing Bruce) in a dark theater really creeped me out.
To top it off, after seeing the matinee, we went to the beach. I got into the water ankle deep, and that was as far as my feet would go.

The Exorcist
The Ring
The Shining - greastest scary movie of all time
Evil Dead
Jacob's Ladder

Blair Witch made me giggle. Not scary.

Back
Top Bottom