MLB '08, Part Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job bozos? Cos they lost a game? Jesus, Chicago fans are unreal.

Well you have TWO fielding errors by Ramirez, Bob Howry turned a tie game into a 4-run game, and then once the offense caught up they couldn't manage to break the tie in 3 innings, Lee choking with at least two opportunities to put up some runs. And Wood finally giving the thing away.

A team effort.

Perhaps for the whole city of Chitown, cause the buzzsaw sure looks rusty these days
istockphoto_1362426_buzz_saw_blade.jpg

The buzzsaw has yet to lose any of its luster. It still shines. In fact, we've already won a baseball game today. Bobby Jenks came in, threw 9 pitches, and recorded 5 outs for the save. Beautiful.

De-lurk

They moved to Detroit. The Wings got contracted to make room.

I actually rooted for the Yankees last night. I feel dirty.

I did, too. I have been cheering for them for select series this whole second half. It just feels wrong.

Last edited:
Is it time to start talking retraction or a team move yet?

Hanley Ramirez homered and doubled to lead the Marlins past the Atlanta Braves 5-3 Wednesday in front of an incredibly sparse crowd of just 600 fans at the first pitch.

I am headed to a Single A game tonight in 90 degree weather.Attendance will be close to 8,000. And the city I am in probably an fifth of the size of Miami area.

Nice job bozos? Cos they lost a game? Jesus, Chicago fans are unreal.

Dude, you're just figuring this out? :lol: My sister is brutal about the Sock, brutal. I've contemplated crushing up xanax and putting it in her food during august and september.

If you ever get a chance to listen to Mully and Hanley on the Score in the morning Mully goes bat shit crazy about the Sock, just like my sister. :wink:

Yup, it's the beginning of the end for the Cubbies' most promising season in 100 years. Too bad.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm mostly kidding with my Cubs comments. They have a very talented squad and have had a great year. They will still make the playoffs. I just think it's funny because I've noticed a slight look of panic start to form on some of my Cub-fan friend's faces over the last couple days.

Back breaker tonight for the Phils, blowing a late lead to the fucking Nationals and losing another game to the Mets.

i still think youk is the mvp over pedroia... but, ah, whatever.

i'm really here to bitch about espn some more... specificly the idiotic duo of mike and/or mike in the morning. they were speaking of the cubs rotation and how great their 1-2-3 is with zambrano, harden and dempster... and they started comparing it favorably to the other potential playoff 1-2-3's... got to the mets, and their 1-2-3 were "johan, pedro and maine."

umm... what? maine and pedro have been the mets 4 and 5 starters for a few months now. the 2 and 3 starters havae been mike pelfrey and oliver perez, who have both been phenomenal since about late may/early june.

it's just like the bullshit of a guy like joe morgan... they're put in huge national jobs and they don't pay attention to what's going on day to day. they just think of name value and what was said in season previews.

on june 1st oliver perez was 4-4 with a 5.70 ERA. today he's 10-7 with a 3.86 ERA.
on june 1st mike pelfrey was 2-6 with a 4.98 ERA. today he's 13-8 with a 3.66 ERA.

espn can blow me.

ESPN sucks.

And I think C. Quentin is taking a little bit of a break because his supplier is dry. He's waiting on his incoming shipment of steroids and then he'll be recharged and ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom