MLB '08 - Down The Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Division lead is now at 8. Apparently C.C. Sabathia wasn't the only answer to their problems. So much for the late-season dogfight.

And I don't know if Yost getting canned is going to help. They're still in the race for the wild card, and him leaving could make morale even worse.

MAGIC NUMBER: 6

NSW, you wanna tell your Yankees to let us sweep you this week? Tell them that I will kill them all if they even think about winning a single one of these 4 games. Thanks.

I hate to say it, but I hope the Brewers nosedive. Thus inspiring CC to come to the Yanks. :reject:

As a Sox fan, I'm ok with the Yanks spending a ton of money over 6-7 years on a guy who has thrown a boatload of the innings over the past 2 seasons and looked completely out of gas in last years postseason.

Backhand play...eeeYes! Can he peg him?...eeeYes!

And the great play by Cabrera saves a run and we go to the 5th tied at 2.

I wouldn't worry too much, GAF. The Twins aren't likely to win today either.

Well, I guess Boston just showed they're still in the hunt for the AL East title.

Pretty impressive, esp. Dice-K.

Fine, but when your team is up by 11 runs after 5, you might as well save him, considering they're in a tight race.

Yeah, he'd have been out anyway, but still:

He's likely at 120 pitches after 5, they have no choice.

He was over 100 pitches. Through only five innings. Again. I would bet that he's only managed five innings in about half of his wins.

He's really frustrating to watch as a result. Great record, doesn't give up hits, but the freakin' walks are crazy and rise his pitch count way too early in games.

I'm not saying he's the ace they expected (or hoped) him to be.

But he could be a lot worse.

With those bats, they don't need him to be much better to get far in the playoffs.

Oh, I agree, and I still think he has the potential to get even better if he gets more control of his pitches, but the bullpen is the Red Sox weak link, so they need him to go more than five innings in the playoffs.

Of course, if they keep hitting like they've been this month, then yeah, it won't matter.

I'm not saying he's the ace they expected (or hoped) him to be.

But he could be a lot worse.

With those bats, they don't need him to be much better to get far in the playoffs.

It'll matter in the playoffs. And, yes, he could be a fuckload worse, but, if you watched the guy regularly you'd know how infuriating he can be.

Dice-K looked like goddam Dice-Koufax in a game he pitched against the White Sox about a month ago. He was unhittable. We had no chance against him.

Anyway, the Twins lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom