MLB '08 - Down The Stretch Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not that it neccesarily has a difference with what's going on with zambrano right now... but how incredibly unfair was it of MLB to make the astros play a home game in a playoff race pretty much on the road. it's ridiciulous... they should have made them play somewhere else, or if they had to play in milwaukee, don't sell tickets. the place is packed with cubs fans.

God, that was so hard to not say anything or do anything all that time. Especially since i was listening to the game on an Astros radio station, so they kept talking about it every two seconds.

Oh God :faint:

The game was supposed to be on WGN TV, but wasn't, so MrPurrl and I ended up listening to Pat and Ron on WGN radio, as we always do while we watch on TV. Fortunately, ESPN broke into whatever feeble game they were showing to show the 9th inning. Big Z! How exciting! :hyper:

not that it neccesarily has a difference with what's going on with zambrano right now... but how incredibly unfair was it of MLB to make the astros play a home game in a playoff race pretty much on the road. it's ridiciulous... they should have made them play somewhere else, or if they had to play in milwaukee, don't sell tickets. the place is packed with cubs fans.

There were several major league parks available obviously. Arlington was available (there is a game tonight, but they could have gotten the afternoon game in first with no problem), and the Astros would have retained somewhat of a home crowd advantage, maybe they thought the rain from Ike would be an issue there, but Seattle, San Francisco and Dodger Stadium were all dark, which would have been much more neutral, and Atlanta was dark and would have made much more sense geographically than Milwaukee, so why Milwaukee?

Oh yeah, Bud Selig would personally profit from the games.

There were several major league parks available obviously. Arlington was available (there is a game tonight, but they could have gotten the afternoon game in first with no problem), and the Astros would have retained somewhat of a home crowd advantage, maybe they thought the rain from Ike would be an issue there, but Seattle, San Francisco and Dodger Stadium were all dark, which would have been much more neutral, and Atlanta was dark and would have made much more sense geographically than Milwaukee, so why Milwaukee?

Oh yeah, Bud Selig would personally profit from the games.

not to mention hurting the astros helps the team that they're chasing... the milwaukee brewers! bud selig's the scum of the earth.

any of the stadiums you mentioned would have been better. an empty stadium would have been better. major league baseball personally flying houstonites who were displaced by the hurricaine to where ever the astros were playing and giving them the best seats in the house would have been better. playing in a little league field with no homerun fence would have been better. anything other than essentialy punishing the astros because a hurricaine hit.

and yes, this is coming from someone who was rocking the eli jersey on monday night when the saints played a "home game" at giants stadium after hurricaine katrina. not saying that was right, either. i don't blame the cub fans for going out to support them... i would, too. it's on major league baseball, and they royaly fucked up.

steve phillips is shocked that sweet lou allowed zambrano to throw 110 pitches, no hitter or not. meanwhile, the rest of us are shocked that steve phillips is still employed.

Wow, 110 is not a lot of pitches, I know Zambrano has had some recent arm issues, but still...its been 36 years since a Cubs no-no, and to do it at home in Milwaukee to boot you have to reward your fans.

I mentioned this a couple pages ago, but Kansas City was also available, and was well out of the "danger" Hurricane era, also a good ways away from Wrigley. Also, an American league park, which would have made it even more neutral. It's clear they had many options, and that Selig had some kind of ulterior motive. The guy's a douchebag.

Though if he was trying to help the Brewers, seeing the Cubs get a no-hitter in their stadium as they continue to fade in the standings had to sting the Milwaukee players and fans even harder. It's like getting dumped by your girlfriend, and then your arch enemy sleeps with some hot girl in your bed while you're out of town. Not exactly the smartest move on Selig's part.

Oh yeah, the aforementioned Steve Phillips in his crack analysis failed to note that the Astros were coming off a 7-game winning streak, which if I'm not mistaken was the longest current one in the majors. It makes Zambrano's achievement even more impressive, and should have been mentioned.

Listening to the game on a Houston radio station and they were just now speculating on whether or not Ned Yost should be looking for a new job if the BrewCrew manage to blow it again this season :hmm:

And he's gone :ohmy: the third base coach is taking over in the interim. Pat and Ron are in shock, as am I. This close to the end of the season?

And he's gone :ohmy: the third base coach is taking over in the interim. Pat and Ron are in shock, as am I. This close to the end of the season?

I think it is a pretty dumb move...I feel sorry for the Brewers fans with the team's crappy ownership.

Good game going on in Milwaukee right now.

15 innings of no hit baseball for the cubs in Milwaukee...against the home team Houston!

All this Selig bullshit makes the Phils four game sweep of the Crew even sweeter.

And I'm no Dave, who posts about his excitement every time the Phillies take the lead. :wink:

God dammit. It's now looking questionable as to whether Howie Kendrick will be back at all this season due to a hamstring injury.

Oh, and thanks for the 2-run homer, Dalton. Next time someone calls you a worthless piece of shit you can at least point to one good thing you've accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom