MERGED --> Move on/Vote For Change Tour last night! + Vote for Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:
I was kinda bored with Bruce. :reject: It was all about R.E.M. for me.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Last night's show was unreal - Here are just three highlights

First, Little Steven played with Jackson Browne "I am a Patriot", a LS song.

Second, Bruce introduces Eddie Vedder - First song was No Surrender, which Eddie nailed - Never looking down at the teleprompter. Second, song was Darkness, which again he nailed. Final song of Eddies presence on stage (are you ready), Betterman. Unbelieveable

Third, Bruce brings up Jackson Browne to sing Racing in the Street. Unbelievable.

Bruce walked on stage about 10:10 pm and played until 12:40 am. I went to the Philly show which was great because of the "unexpected". I thought the band was slightly tight for not having played in about a year. Last night everyone let it all hang out.

For those who have not seen Springsteen live, it's an event. I'm up to about 20 shows and each one I think is better than the last show.

mkdominatr said:

With all respect of your opinion. I dont see how an artist with the energy of Bruce and the band can bore you.

I love Bruce. I've seen him many times (several times before you were born :wink: ) I guess I was losing interest in the show by the time he came on. That's all. But I wasn't there; I was on my couch watching it on TV.

:shrug:

Theedge555 said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.

Sorry, but you don't get to disagree with a statement like "I was kinda bored." It's not up for debate. It's just a fact. :wink:

I love the boss, so everybody just relax with the fact that it wasn't the highlight of the show for me, ok? REM was.

Jesus H. Christ EDDIE VEDDER SINGING DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN????

AND the E. Street Band backing BETTERMAN?

I must hear....

UnforgettableLemon said:
Jesus H. Christ EDDIE VEDDER SINGING DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN????

That was pretty awesome, as was Stipe singing Because the Night.

Maybe it was just Mary's Place that I got bored with. :hmm:

DaveC said:
None of the bands on this tour really excite me, except maybe John Fogerty if he plays some CCR stuff. :shrug:

He did play some CCR stuff and Fortunate Son which is off his new album. He is touring small clubs over the next few weeks (in the northeast)

i am FAR too stupid to figure out bittorrent. i've tried about 85 times now, and i give in to the fact that i just do not understand what it is.

Back
Top Bottom